Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Names of leagues and names of trophies don't matter. The point is in 1981 we were champions of the top flight. To call it the equivalent of today's championship is to diminish the achievement.

I think the point being made and which you are not recognising is that the PHYSICAL trophy we will be competing for next season is one we LAST WON (ie it has our name on it !!!) when we bought an ageing striker to help us score the goals.  I see the irony of that and applaud it.

6 hours ago, useless said:

I think I read the other day that someone close to him passed away, and the last game they saw him, he was wearing 44, so he likes to wear it now whenever he can.

Lewis Hamilton likes this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No.

And amongst my list of all-time goalscorers at least, there are no others.  First or second names!  We do seem to be very Ross-deprived.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Feidhlim said:

Don't know if it was said but I find it interesting that AVFC confirmed the price paid.

Different approach to the old days, hope it continues.

£12m. One of the Norwich Tweeters said that we were paying £15m and that he felt £12m was about right. Bet he's sick now :D

It's a signal of intent from the good Dr, he clearly is not messing around and doesn't want to be hanging around the Championship for too long, and become just a household name like Leeds. Proven Championship goalscorer is what we are going to need and McCormack is just that.

It will also be a boost for Ayew, take some pressure off his shoulders and knowing that there is someone else to share the workload with, I think we will see a completely different player in Ayew. McCormack the main Forward and Ayew can have more of a free role. 

Welcome Ross

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, rjenkins said:

Asked a Cardiff-supporting friend of mine about McCormack today and he said: 'He's goals, goals, goals mate. About time he was at a higher-end club.'

That'll do me.

As long as he meant us being the higher end club, and not another team he thinks McCormack should be playing for, that'll do for me too.

32 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I don't get it?

A few weeks ago I asked if Tommy Elphick was the first Tommy to play for us. Obv I was wrong, and there had been a couple. But Bobzy came up with Tommy Benteke, how could we forget him!?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

McCormack is only the second player to play for us who's first three letters of his surname start with McC

straight out of Clive Tyldeseley's notebook

Edited by a m ole

Â