Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I would agree with you that McCormack and Bruce are through, it would surprise me if anything else came to be.

Don't really believe it to be a theory, rather the attitude of an individual which dictates their ability to resolve issues, not everyone possesses that ability and as you say some situations are beyond resolve.

Just giving my two cents that I think it disappointing that in this case it seems beyond repair.

Let's just be clear - that is 100% the fault of mccormack. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Let's just be clear - that is 100% the fault of mccormack. 

From what I gather he's had issues with being unprofessional, so yeah.

If you're not at training you won't know the plans or develop the chemistry.

If you cost 12million and want to continue as one of the divisions better performers, you find a way to training.

Strikers: Kodjia, Hogan, Davis, RHM 

Attacking Mids: Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury, McCormack

If he can have a good showing in preseason, i'd keep Ross. Outside of Grealish, our attacking mids options are lacking if you consider Hourihane and Lansbury to be CMs. 

• Like 1

Look Ross needs to give his head a wobble - look in the mirror and decide if he wants to be remembered as a total waste of space or someone who could actually play a bit  and at least try and give back to the fans if no one else- I know what I would choose and whilst  I do not wish to rake up the past but has he really behaved worse than a home town boy a little while ago now?

Looking purely from a professional point of view also - are we really so well off that we can ignore someone with his unquestionable talent ?

maybe a huge slice of humble pie on all sides and let's see where a good pre- season takes him 

45 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Look Ross needs to give his head a wobble - look in the mirror and decide if he wants to be remembered as a total waste of space or someone who could actually play a bit  and at least try and give back to the fans if no one else- I know what I would choose and whilst  I do not wish to rake up the past but has he really behaved worse than a home town boy a little while ago now?

Looking purely from a professional point of view also - are we really so well off that we can ignore someone with his unquestionable talent ?

maybe a huge slice of humble pie on all sides and let's see where a good pre- season takes him 

I really don't get how you're so wound up about Gabby even after he's left the club, yet you seem to be almost endlessly indulgent of McCormack, who has literally done nothing for this football club except cause it grief and financial damage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Its a nice thought and sure we all hope that. But lets face it, more likely he is just the new Habib Beye :(

27 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its a nice thought and sure we all hope that. But lets face it, more likely he is just the new Habib Beye :(

I genuinely forgotten he played for us. Thanks for the nice reminder :P 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

But lets face it, more likely he is just the new Habib Beye :(

I hope so - best song ever!

Monday, Tuesday Habib Beye, Tuesday, Wednesday Habib, Beye, Wednesday, Thursday Habib Beye!

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really don't get how you're so wound up about Gabby even after he's left the club, yet you seem to be almost endlessly indulgent of McCormack, who has literally done nothing for this football club except cause it grief and financial damage. 

The reality is everything you say is correct - but on the other hand if for instance we sell Kod - would you then consider reintegrating McCormack ? Would we not be left with little choice  other than to do so ?

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hey fatty bum bum. 

Let me tell you something. Ross needs to get off those sweet sugar dumplings and build some fences at Villa Park during pre season...:D

15 hours ago, Dave J said:

The reality is everything you say is correct - but on the other hand if for instance we sell Kod - would you then consider reintegrating McCormack ? Would we not be left with little choice  other than to do so ?

It's a fair question. Obviously pre-season is the best chance to try and get fit, get in shape and get his head in the right place, and if he does I don't mind if he's reintegrated. I'm pretty agnostic on it really, I just have little faith he'll be able to get himself right enough for everyone to forgive and forget. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a fair question. Obviously pre-season is the best chance to try and get fit, get in shape and get his head in the right place, and if he does I don't mind if he's reintegrated. I'm pretty agnostic on it really, I just have little faith he'll be able to get himself right enough for everyone to forgive and forget. 

Now that's an entirely different question which I totally agree with - I don't think that RM will get back to his former self - but what I am saying is that we are speculating and if RM does defy the odds and gets himself into a position of consideration then I don't think he can be ignored 

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

Now that's an entirely different question which I totally agree with - I don't think that RM will get back to his former self - but what I am saying is that we are speculating and if RM does defy the odds and gets himself into a position of consideration then I don't think he can be ignored 

He wouldn't be ignored. A fit healthy RM would be welcomed by everyone. But he's not, and hasn't been since he's been here. Fingers crossed though. We're due a miracle. 

• Like 1

I don't get the whole craze with bring back McCormack.

While Bruce is in charge, RM is done with imo. With or without Bruce I don't see what he offers us any way?

Referring to past performances and expecting him to come back and still be that player again are just crazy thoughts.

He is finished as a footballer in this country imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't get the whole craze with bring back McCormack.

While Bruce is in charge, RM is done with imo. With or without Bruce I don't see what he offers us any way?

Referring to past performances and expecting him to come back and still be that player again are just crazy thoughts.

He is finished as a footballer in this country imo.

Didn’t people say that Hutton was finished at Villa back when he was shipped out to Spain on loan and then Forest about 3/4 seasons ago?

Players can turn form around. We can say what we want about McCormack, but he is a great finisher, and we’re likely to sell our best striker and creative player (Kodj & Jack).

Our problem for far too long is completely writing off players after their stock hits rock bottom. Other clubs persist with players, as opposed to throwing money at replacements, and that’s why we always sell players for a loss.

McCormack still has time left on his contract, so I’m another in the ‘get him motivated, get him playing’ camp. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Didn’t people say that Hutton was finished at Villa back when he was shipped out to Spain on loan and then Forest about 3/4 seasons ago?

Players can turn form around. We can say what we want about McCormack, but he is a great finisher, and we’re likely to sell our best striker and creative player (Kodj & Jack).

Our problem for far too long is completely writing off players after their stock hits rock bottom. Other clubs persist with players, as opposed to throwing money at replacements, and that’s why we always sell players for a loss.

McCormack still has time left on his contract, so I’m another in the ‘get him motivated, get him playing’ camp. 

Hutton always had a bang on attitude 100% professional, hard work ethic. 

It's not possible to draw comparisons between those 2 players situations. 

On 06/07/2018 at 22:10, HanoiVillan said:

Is he even training with the squad at the moment? 

Â