Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hutton always had a bang on attitude 100% professional, hard work ethic. 

It's not possible to draw comparisons between those 2 players situations. 

We also weren't in such a desperate situation during the Hutton debacle. I'm hopeful but not overly confident that becomes back and brings his A game which is excellent. He was close to international call ups again not long before his exile so if he has any aspirations of that he needs to get back playing 

13 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Didn’t people say that Hutton was finished at Villa back when he was shipped out to Spain on loan and then Forest about 3/4 seasons ago?

Players can turn form around. We can say what we want about McCormack, but he is a great finisher,

He certainly wasn't when he was a regular in our 1st team.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I would sooner play a kid from the academy, who couldn't hit a barn door, but tries his best.....than have this finger in the side.

I can excuse most flaws in players for one reason or another.....Bad attitude, NO......Its Toxic and the quickest route failure.

Well I can't argue with you TRO - but let's say RM does the business during pre -season are you still advocating excluding him ?

20 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well I can't argue with you TRO - but let's say RM does the business during pre -season are you still advocating excluding him ?

Is he even in training with the team? 

He made a pretty good impression with Melbourne City so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that an A League club would be interested in taking him on loan again for the season. Sydney FC have just lost their two main visa players so would have space to sign him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Birmingham Mail say we are willing to take a loss on him leaving permanently

Another piece of stunning investigative journalism from The Meaning Evil there. 

I'm nailing my colours to the mast right now, that's gotta be The Pulitzer prize right there. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

He certainly wasn't when he was a regular in our 1st team.

You're right, in the 20 games that he played for us he didn't score many goals, but I think he scored a few before he came to us.

On 08/07/2018 at 07:42, sidcow said:

Hutton always had a bang on attitude 100% professional, hard work ethic. 

It's not possible to draw comparisons between those 2 players situations. 

His attitude didn't seem too bad in Australia. There were reports of him not being right mentally when he was here, coupled with him apparently having 'severe mouth ulcers' or something. The gate stuff was obviously stupid, but I sometimes wonder whether Villa and Bruce handled the situation, and McCormack himself, properly. He's not a bad player, in fact at this level he's a great player, and we just carted off a £12m investment into this year's bomb squad.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

His attitude didn't seem too bad in Australia. There were reports of him not being right mentally when he was here, coupled with him apparently having 'severe mouth ulcers' or something. The gate stuff was obviously stupid, but I sometimes wonder whether Villa and Bruce handled the situation, and McCormack himself, properly. He's not a bad player, in fact at this level he's a great player, and we just carted off a £12m investment into this year's bomb squad.

He didn't turn up to training in Australia either, he's not right. 

Also that league is league 2 standard, all he did was convert a load of penalties and score a few free kicks in a very low quality league. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He didn't turn up to training in Australia either, he's not right. 

Also that league is league 2 standard, all he did was convert a load of penalties and score a few free kicks in a very low quality league. 

Was that not just a rumour that got taken as fact by the online masses? (what a shock).

A quick google search shows many statements from Melbourne's manager saying that it was not true and that he missed training due to an achilles injury.

“Ross has had Achilles injuries since he came to the club, he didn’t fulfil a full training week last week,” said Joyce.

“He has been in at 7am in the morning, swimming, he has been in training, he has trained in the afternoon, he has conducted himself well since he has been at the club to get his life and career back on track."

Stupid if he’s not in Portugal; it’s at least worth getting him fit in preseason and seeing how he gets on. We will need all the experienced players we can get soon when players start leaving the club.

I hope it’s not Bruce’s stubbornness behind McCormack being exiled, he was quick enough to jump on giving Gabby a second chance...

• Like 2

Personally IF he has got his personal issues sorted then I would give him another chance. I am well aware of his issues and if the full details  were known there may be a little more sympathy here. However I’m not excusing all his actions. 

I might be wrong but does letting him go on a free hurt us in regard to ffp as it counts as more of a loss.

The squad could potentially be in dire straights come the start of the season and IF we had a fit and firing RM it could be a real asset. 

• Like 2

What is with the fascination behind McCormack?  You would think it was Lionel Messi we had looking at some of the comments.

McCormack is awful and I doubt will kick another ball for us. Fleetwood town is more his playing level nowadays.

Â