Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He had 67 goals in the 3 previous seasons before we signed him at this level

I dont think a player does that much with serious issues

As I said he 's been very on and off at previous clubs. Some great seasons, some absolute toilet.

IF he has personal problems or drinking issues as been suggested this very much fills in with this pattern.

• Like 1

This was a good opportunity to get him back involved and it looks like we haven't even tried.

He's contracted by the club, if he is unfit then get him the gym every day and if he refuses we can fine him 50-100% of his wages each week and save a chunk. Nobody is going to buy him and we are badly going to need someone to fill in the massive void left by Grealish. As much of a clearing in the woods that McCormack has been he's the only one in the squad that has the ability to assume Jack's role IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Don't want McCormack anywhere near the side to be honest. I'm backing Bruce on this one. 

The question is, what is best for Aston Villa? It’s easy to say, we’re in the sh1t and we need everyone, especially those with talent, which he definitely does. However if his inclusion in the squad has an overall bad effect then he has to be kept away. I think the whole thing could have been handled better in the first place, kept in house, retained some value in him and got him sold at the first opportunity. However that ship has sailed and we have to deal with the present. As none of us have the inside knowledge of his “issues”’ we have to trust Steve Bruce does have that knowledge and go with his decision. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

We are trying to get high earners of the wage bill, we have losing money at an alarming rate. How that translates to some people to 'give one of our highest earners another chance' is beyond me. He is not in Bruce's plans and any money saved is a bonus at this point, anything that reduces the monthly payroll.

Ross could be motivated, he might not be, he might have been in training all summer and look like Mo Farah. It doesn't matter. He earns too much. 

He has to be forced out.

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

You can't force him out if nobody wants him and he's just going to run down his contract with us. Its high likely he will be with us this season so if that is the case we may as well use him if we can.

He has got two years left on his deal and about two years left of his playing ability. We will soon find out how much he wants to play.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We are trying to get high earners of the wage bill, we have losing money at an alarming rate. How that translates to some people to 'give one of our highest earners another chance' is beyond me. He is not in Bruce's plans and any money saved is a bonus at this point, anything that reduces the monthly payroll.

Ross could be motivated, he might not be, he might have been in training all summer and look like Mo Farah. It doesn't matter. He earns too much. 

He has to be forced out.

How do we do that exactly, he doesn't appear keen to play so he will just sit back and keeping taking his money every month. He isn't going to move to be on less money

5 hours ago, sne said:

Pretty obvious their relationship is beyond repair.

Can see why Bruce doesn't want him back in the group, can also see why we really can't afford to have expensive players bombed out atm.

Difficult situation with the club and fans as losers.

I agree and unless the club make some form of statement then I'm afraid this will rumble on and on and inevitably this will become a stick to beat the manager with, if the club sell our best players and we struggle for goals  - not that I will have a huge amount of sympathy for him.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He has to be forced out.

Would showcasing him in our team not go someways to meeting your criteria - whilst giving us a proven player for however long it takes to achieve a sale 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Would showcasing him in our team not go someways to meeting your criteria - whilst giving us a proven player for however long it takes to achieve a sale 

This.

I don't recall any other manager bombing Ross out and he has had a fair few clubs.

He might be a clearing in the woods, he might not deserve another chance, but forcing him to train with the kids sends the wrong message i.e. 'desperate to get rid of at any cost, we'll take a massive loss' look at how many times our managers have done this and how many times they've failed to 'FORCE THAT PLAYER OUT.'

All that happens is a player on huge wages sits on their arse doing nothing and earning those wages, or going out on loan with wages heavily subsidised by the club.

I would get behind Bruce if he showed us what an amazing experienced manager he is by solving a problem like Ross McCormack, a problem all Ross's other managers didn't seem to have even if he does have a reputation of being a dick.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Thanks 2

I don't believe we can be too picky right now and i believe he needs to be integrated into the squad. If he becomes a problem, isn't there a way we can fire him, or at least dock wages for creating a toxic work environment? Might be able to save a few quid. :)

Â