Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

18 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Was that not just a rumour that got taken as fact by the online masses? (what a shock).

A quick google search shows many statements from Melbourne's manager saying that it was not true and that he missed training due to an achilles injury.

Yes, rumour, as has been posted many many times in this thread!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

McCormack is awful and I doubt will kick another ball for us. Fleetwood town is more his playing level nowadays.

Having seen a bit of him here in the A-League, he's some considerable distance from awful. On ability alone he's still quite capable of playing for us. If his attitude is a problem for Bruce, then so be it...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jim said:

Personally IF he has got his personal issues sorted then I would give him another chance. I am well aware of his issues and if the full details  were known there may be a little more sympathy here. However I’m not excusing all his actions. 

I might be wrong but does letting him go on a free hurt us in regard to ffp as it counts as more of a loss.

The squad could potentially be in dire straights come the start of the season and IF we had a fit and firing RM it could be a real asset. 

absolutely right that it goes against us in FFP -  there's really only 3 outcomes here, he either knuckles down and is included in the first team, or someone takes him on loan potentially with us paying a significant part of his wages or Micah has a friend in the magoos

1 hour ago, MrDuck said:

Having seen a bit of him here in the A-League, he's some considerable distance from awful. On ability alone he's still quite capable of playing for us. If his attitude is a problem for Bruce, then so be it...

I totally agree with you A-League = League 1 in my opinion.

In terms of doing it again consistantly for this club or any team in our league for that matter, he would struggle nowadays imo.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What is with the fascination behind McCormack?  You would think it was Lionel Messi we had looking at some of the comments.

Can you please enlighten me and show me the posts that liken McCormack to Lionel Messi/even any sort of good player?!

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Can you please enlighten me and show me the posts that liken McCormack to Lionel Messi/even any sort of good player?!

Here.

You would think it was Lionel Messi we had looking at some of the comments.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What is with the fascination behind McCormack?  You would think it was Lionel Messi we had looking at some of the comments.

McCormack is awful and I doubt will kick another ball for us. Fleetwood town is more his playing level nowadays.

The below suggests he is far from awful:

21 goals for Cardiff 08/09

18 goals for Leeds 11/12

28 goals for Leeds 13/14

17 goals for Fulham 14/15

21 goals for Fulham 15/16

If we can get him firing like that again this season then we make up for some of the goals we will lose when players inevitably leave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The below suggests he is far from awful:

21 goals for Cardiff 08/09

18 goals for Leeds 11/12

28 goals for Leeds 13/14

17 goals for Fulham 14/15

21 goals for Fulham 15/16

If we can get him firing like that again this season then we make up for some of the goals we will lose when players inevitably leave

Agreed.

Sadly the years left out in that list suggests that if we'd scouted him better than we did we'd also seen he's been very on and off, caused problems at previous clubs and had issues and had seasons where he was a non entity.

Spending such money on a player at that age with that history was a total brain fart, one of many from our football people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

A poster earlier mentioned Bruce's man management skills.

In my opinion he should be using these skills to bring McCormack into the team.

He is one of the better strikers in the Championship.

Absolutely if RM can get himself into a position where he is available for selection - I'm afraid we are not good enough to ignore him imo 

• Like 2

Pretty obvious their relationship is beyond repair.

Can see why Bruce doesn't want him back in the group, can also see why we really can't afford to have expensive players bombed out atm.

Difficult situation with the club and fans as losers.

• Like 1

Alternate theory (i.e. not based on any facts at all): Ross is a clinical alcoholic and he is signed off on long-term sick leave. We are claiming on our business insurance against loss of value to a playing asset. We can't play him or integrate him with training otherwise we lose the ability to claim on our insurance (may also be against his clinical treatment).

This is far fetched but I am trying to understand how this situation could arise with a player not even allowed to train. Even Micah Richards and the famous bomb squad got to go to training!

2 hours ago, sne said:

Agreed.

Sadly the years left out in that list suggests that if we'd scouted him better than we did we'd also seen he's been very on and off, caused problems at previous clubs and had issues and had seasons where he was a non entity.

Spending such money on a player at that age with that history was a total brain fart, one of many from our football people.

He had 67 goals in the 3 previous seasons before we signed him at this level

I dont think a player does that much with serious issues

• Like 1

Â