Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

So what does Hogan actually do then? Whatever it is I've never seen it. 

RMC was at least capable of passing a football more than the most basic pass. And shooting too. 

The way your described him to be x amount better than Hogan is untrue. I'd argue despite Hogan not being a big success at least his attitude has been first class here as opposed to McCormack the clown Who has been a complete and utter fat failure 

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

We are paying him a large wage and a good manager would introduce him back into the fold. Even if doesnt play him it would show other teams he is not a liability

Riiiiight, a good manager should be playing Richards then by that reckoning.

Mccormack needs a good psychiatrist more than a good manager. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Riiiiight, a good manager should be playing Richards then by that reckoning.

Mccormack needs a good psychiatrist more than a good manager. 

McCormack has 67 goals in 3 seasons prior to playing for Villa. A good manager should get best out of that player and not discard him straight away

FWIW Bruce had more faith in Richards as he started him his first game and has been injured since then

“I could do with him on the pitch,” Bruce said, as reported by the Birmingham Mail. “Micah Richards is a stick-on if he is fit.

“He has the right mentality. Unfortunately fitness levels have been a big problem for him over the last couple of years.”

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/en/news/steve-bruce-micah-richards-would-start-every-game-for-aston-villa-if-fit/905037#BiSv7Kei7EJIfYR6.99

Just now, Zatman said:

McCormack has 67 goals in 3 seasons prior to playing for Villa. A good manager should get best out of that player and not discard him straight away

FWIW Bruce had more faith in Richards as he started him his first game and has been injured since then

He didn't discard him straight away! He was given the same chance everyone was when SB walked in, he chose to **** it up and now he should be given a free pass back into the team because he's paid a lot?! 

I'm completely unable to see any logic in the club going out of its way to make life easy for a guy who has essentially taken the piss out of us and the club since joining. 

Yeah, he scored 67 goals etc but that's history. It's funny that people can look upon a guy who has been deemed nothing more than a burden on the club, who couldnt get a game at a struggling Notts Forest, who barely set the A-League alight (equivalent to our conference league, 5th tier), who was publicly given a chance by SB in January to reintegrate but we can only assume chose not to - and yet say he deserves another chance. 

And yet Steve Bruce, someone who for all his faults I believe has committed himself to the club and tried his best, who almost achieved something significant - he's the one that should leave right?

Lets sack Bruce and make mccormack manager, might as well utilise his fantastic professionalism, dedication and huge salary to motivate the rest of the squad. 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We are trying to get high earners of the wage bill, we have losing money at an alarming rate. How that translates to some people to 'give one of our highest earners another chance' is beyond me. He is not in Bruce's plans and any money saved is a bonus at this point, anything that reduces the monthly payroll.

Ross could be motivated, he might not be, he might have been in training all summer and look like Mo Farah. It doesn't matter. He earns too much. 

He has to be forced out.

Giving one of our highest earners another chance answers its own question. Why pay someone so much and have them rot with the kids?

Surely giving them a chance and putting them in the shop window is a far better option, no? 

Also, the likelihood of anyone wanting to sign him whilst bombed out is slim to none.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jim said:

Giving one of our highest earners another chance answers its own question. Why pay someone so much and have them rot with the kids?

Surely giving them a chance and putting them in the shop window is a far better option, no? 

Also, the likelihood of anyone wanting to sign him whilst bombed out is slim to none.

How many of them bomb squad did we get off the books

9 minutes ago, jim said:

Too much logic, but alas....

"Who else could we get"?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many of them bomb squad did we get off the books

Not many IIRC and one of them was one of our best players last year. 

An alcoholic lunatic. Couldn't wait to get rid of him at Fulham. Has done nothing for us, did nothing at forest and scored some penalties in the A league.

Given every type of help available by the club. He's rejected all of it.

But yeah it's Bruce's fault.

RDMs fault for signing him without doing his homework, and wyness for giving him a ridiculous contract.

He isn't sitting around at the training ground in peak physical condition wondering what's going on. He's done.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

This.

I don't recall any other manager bombing Ross out and he has had a fair few clubs.

He might be a clearing in the woods, he might not deserve another chance, but forcing him to train with the kids sends the wrong message i.e. 'desperate to get rid of at any cost, we'll take a massive loss' look at how many times our managers have done this and how many times they've failed to 'FORCE THAT PLAYER OUT.'

All that happens is a player on huge wages sits on their arse doing nothing and earning those wages, or going out on loan with wages heavily subsidised by the club.

I would get behind Bruce if he showed us what an amazing experienced manager he is by solving a problem like Ross McCormack, a problem all Ross's other managers didn't seem to have even if he does have a reputation of being a dick.

I agree with the above, however the only contra to this is if he isn't wanted nor trusted by the playing group.  For all we know, the leaders and other influential players do not want his poor attitude around the senior team

I don't believe the sole reason of him not being with the team in Portugal is on Bruce

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/en/news/steve-bruce-micah-richards-would-start-every-game-for-aston-villa-if-fit/905037#BiSv7Kei7EJIfYR6.99

We can't play him on merit his attitude stinks. If rather davis and Murphy get their chance ahead of him.

He's defo been boffing Bruce's daughter. It's the only explanation for one mans disdain for another man.

Come on Brucie! We've all boffed your daughter mate! 

Brucies daughter out! In! Out! In! Out!....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skills said:

I agree with the above, however the only contra to this is if he isn't wanted nor trusted by the playing group.  For all we know, the leaders and other influential players do not want his poor attitude around the senior team

I don't believe the sole reason of him not being with the team in Portugal is on Bruce

those influential leaders will soon be sold so problem solved there.

• Like 1

1) Take him to Portugal , play him in a few games and hope he gets some goals. Give some PR spin about how with budget cuts we have to rely on what we have and his historically a top player blah blah ..

2) Publicly discard him by not taking him to preseason. No preseason games for him so no chance to regain full fitness

Which option likely to get the best return ....

• Like 2

On 11/07/2018 at 14:17, Nabby said:

1) Take him to Portugal , play him in a few games and hope he gets some goals. Give some PR spin about how with budget cuts we have to rely on what we have and his historically a top player blah blah ..

2) Publicly discard him by not taking him to preseason. No preseason games for him so no chance to regain full fitness

Which option likely to get the best return ....

Take the squad and a bunch of impressional youngsters to portugal for a week of hard training at high tempo.
Bring along a fat, overweight drunk who has took the piss for the past 2 years to disrupt everything.

I have called for McCormack to be given a chance in the past but that has come and gone. He is done.

If you intend to give him one last chance of making a go of it at the Villa then surely pre season is the time to do it with nothing riding on the games but fitness?

Edited by striker

The problem we have with McCormack is we haven't given him a chance since he's been back with us...

Granted he's not been the McCormack we expected to be signing, but bringing him to pre-season, getting him fit and seeing if we can get him playing in the fairly settled squad we currently have is worth a shot.

It's all well and good for the fans to be blaming McCormack for part of our financial woes, and crying out for him to be sold... but if we don't play him in games and begin to let him prove himself then no one will want to take him off our hands. I'm not saying stick him in first game of the season ahead of Kodjia, Hogan, Davis & RMC... but at least integrate him into the first team, get him fit and let him push for a first team place either as a striker, a wide man or a number 10.

Realistically here what have we got to lose? And whilst we lose players this window and move youngsters in to replace them, we at least have one experienced player to bring back into the fold.

The best* part about the McCormack saga is that we agreed to pay his fee in installments so we still have to pay Fulham circa £6million in the next 2 years for a player who won't even train or feature for our reserves at a time when £6million would make a massive difference to our balance sheet.

*f#!king worst

Â