Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bruce has spent 18 months trying to rid the squad and training ground of a shite mentality that has been indulged for the past 5 years. We get a tight group who want to push each other on every day in training, go out and regardless of the result we know they have given 100% and have fought for each other and the shirt.

Now we want to give Ross another chance just because we are paying him. No. He is not of the right mentality and these attitudes should not be allowed near the group. We have seen in the past how this crap infects everyone and standards drop. How easily people, especially youngsters will just go with the flow when someone isn't putting it in.

I have called for McCormack to be brought into the fold myself, a number of times, when we were struggling at the bottom or floundering in mid table...but not now, not after we have come so close. I have been reminded what it's like to be proud of a team, to see players leave absolutely everything on the pitch. I forgot what that was like, the feeling that even when you lose you can look at the players and be proud.

Bring back McCormack?

**** no.

Gabby has only just gone and Micah Richards is still training with the first team. We're far from clean.

Gabby had been cast aside and Bruce brought him back in.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sacking the manager in order to fit in a recalcitrant player with a rumoured drinking problem who has barely kicked a ball in competitive football for a year and a half or more would be derangement of the highest order. 

If we sack Bruce, and replace him with Ross McCormack's biggest fan, does he finally score a goal for us? He might well not do. 

It was tongue in cheek. I'm no fan of McCormack. A-league is a joke. Most of his goals were penalties free kicks and a couple of near post tap ins. 

I'm not joking about Bruce. Always thought he was shit and his and Wyness approach has screwed us for seasons if not longer

• 1 month later...

So the squad have returned to training today, some of photos up on the official website, no photo of McCormack though (but to be fair theres only about 10 photos)

Wander if any conversations have been had with him, still got 2 years on his contract, the gate incident was so long ago - surely now is a good a time as any to get him back involved with the financial mess we are in. Do the sensible thing Bruce and Villa - get him involved!

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

surely now is a good a time as any to get him back involved with the financial mess we are in. Do the sensible thing Bruce and Villa - get him involved!

Get him off the drink first.

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

So the squad have returned to training today, some of photos up on the official website, no photo of McCormack though (but to be fair theres only about 10 photos)

Wander if any conversations have been had with him, still got 2 years on his contract, the gate incident was so long ago - surely now is a good a time as any to get him back involved with the financial mess we are in. Do the sensible thing Bruce and Villa - get him involved!

Why is it the sensible thing?

Do you not think he will have been given chances already and thrown them back in our faces.

I hope the guy rots or leaves, don't want to see him near the first team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why is it the sensible thing?

Do you not think he will have been given chances already and thrown them back in our faces.

I hope the guy rots or leaves, don't want to see him near the first team.

Yeah, the sensible thing would be to not let him anywhere near us again. Everything about the club is toxic at the moment, why would letting a fat, useless, greedy waste of space anywhere near the first team be sensible? Absolute fraud of a footballer.

In my opinion, he is a good footballer as he’s proven before, particularly at Fulham, I thought he was great at Fulham, we paid an awful lot of money for him but it hasn’t worked out. I think the most logical outcome is for him to leave as he’s most probably one of the highest earners at the club. Unfortunately, we probably won’t recoup anywhere near the amount we paid for him

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

21 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It's sensible in our financial position to sit down and have a serious chat with him, he is probably now the highest earner at the club with another 2 years. He has the ability if he can get his head right and a manager to dangle him a carrot. 

Surely that's better and more sensible than to just tell him to stay away. 

He can do a job across the front 3 and also in Grealish position if he was to be sold. 

I think it's a bit naive personally.

His problems extend far beyond not being in the Managers' favour, in fact they seem to extend far beyond football entirely.

If I were a betting man (good thing I'm not as I'm often wrong), I'd suggest that him retiring from football altogether is more likely than him pulling on the C&B again.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, he is a good footballer as he’s proven before, particularly at Fulham, I thought he was great at Fulham, we paid an awful lot of money for him but it hasn’t worked out. I think the most logical outcome is for him to leave as he’s most probably one of the highest earners at the club. Unfortunately, we probably won’t recoup anywhere near the amount we paid for him

Why would be want to leave? Who would want him and who would pay him anywhere near the wages he is getting from us? We can't afford to buy his contract out so I expect he will see it out Gabby style. 

2 minutes ago, John said:

Why would be want to leave? Who would want him and who would pay him anywhere near the wages he is getting from us? We can't afford to buy his contract out so I expect he will see it out Gabby style. 

and just when he is approaching the end of his deal, and we all breath a sigh of relief that it is over... we will sign up Gareth Barry on a four year.

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

and just when he is approaching the end of his deal, and we all breath a sigh of relief that it is over... we will sign up Gareth Barry on a four year.

Yes but he has chosen to sit on a bench in West Bromwich for another season and we don't even have the cash for Bruce to have offered him one for a fortnight. ;)

19 hours ago, Junxs said:

Dem gates ain't gonna open demselves.

17 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it's a bit naive personally.

His problems extend far beyond not being in the Managers' favour, in fact they seem to extend far beyond football entirely.

If I were a betting man (good thing I'm not as I'm often wrong), I'd suggest that him retiring from football altogether is more likely than him pulling on the C&B again.

I'm not too clued in on the situation, but as @Junxs said, why not try? Such an approach doesn't strike me as naive at all. I think it's the reasonable thing to do.

We are constantly negotiating in life and one source of conflict will not always be emulated from one situation to another. It's more resourceful to try and put differences and past indiscretions aside for a good cause, in this case, playing sport. McCormack is a capable footballer at this level and as long as he is not a detriment to the team and is able to show up and function then what's the problem?

However I would agree with you, that Bruce and McCormack are probably not going to make amends and come to an amicable relationship, which is disappointing, but I don't think it naive at all to have the capability of seeing beyond conflict to try and come to a beneficial arrangement.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm not too clued in on the situation, but as @Junxs said, why not try? Such an approach doesn't strike me as naive at all. I think it's the reasonable thing to do.

We are constantly negotiating in life and one source of conflict will not always be emulated from one situation to another. It's more resourceful to try and put differences and past indiscretions aside for a good cause, in this case, playing sport. McCormack is a capable footballer at this level and as long as he is not a detriment to the team and is able to show up and function then what's the problem?

However I would agree with you, that Bruce and McCormack are probably not going to make amends and come to an amicable relationship, which is disappointing, but I don't think it naive at all to have the capability of seeing beyond conflict to try and come to a beneficial arrangement.

Lovely theory, but in the real world sometimes situations cannot be resolved through reasonable means.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Lovely theory, but in the real world sometimes situations cannot be resolved through reasonable means.

I would agree with you that McCormack and Bruce are through, it would surprise me if anything else came to be.

Don't really believe it to be a theory, rather the attitude of an individual which dictates their ability to resolve issues, not everyone possesses that ability and as you say some situations are beyond resolve.

Just giving my two cents that I think it disappointing that in this case it seems beyond repair.

Â