Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This is extremely insensitive. Your attitude is what makes it difficult for footballers to admit they have a problem. People like you see a man who is drinking heavily, not doing his job, and disappearing for weeks and just assume everything is fine. Those are cries for help. 

I am sure you thought Aaron Lennon's issues were just him being done as a footballer and not anything serious. 

Let's hope he's not gay as well. He'll never be understood. 

30 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Again, that was last season. We are all aware that McCormack had off the field issues, but my point is McCormack took Bruce's challenge, came back fit, and looked good in his couple starts. 

It's amazing that Gabby can do nothing for the club in 2 years, but come back and be welcome after 1 goal, but McCormack who had one issue and has actively tried to make things right gets punished. 

Nah you're right mate.

Bruce is just doing this because he wants to fail and ruin his reputation, one would assume he's an agent for the Blues and has been all along.

I mean, it can't possibly be anything to do with the fact that he knows McCormack personally, has worked with him over the past year and doesn't feel he's a good person to have around either on or off the pitch right? That would just be stupid logic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mwj said:

Perhaps. Pre-season praise in the media is also a pretty good way to clear out dead wood before deadline day. Who knows...

Well it's certainly a better approach than having a very public falling out. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Again, that was last season. We are all aware that McCormack had off the field issues, but my point is McCormack took Bruce's challenge, came back fit, and looked good in his couple starts. 

It's amazing that Gabby can do nothing for the club in 2 years, but come back and be welcome after 1 goal, but McCormack who had one issue and has actively tried to make things right gets punished. 

I get the sense he's on his way down. Players can quickly decline when they get into their 30s physically and he's obviously had issues in that area and isn't in peak fitness. That happened to Carew for instance.

Looking o.k in pre season is a million miles away from being effective once the proper stuff starts. I remember a pre season when Luke Moore scored about 5 goals against a Swedish village team and once the season started he couldn't score.

Rightly or wrongly Gabby is more SB's type of striker and he clearly feels he can get some goals and performances out of him more than McCormack.

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Has McCormack not showed up to preseason looking fit? He did not complain or say a word all preseason. 

Like I've said numerous times already which everyone seems to ignore, McCormack had his issues last season. He came back and tried to make up for it, but it being pushed out. 

He came back because he was under contract, same for Gil and Veretout before they moved on. It's called being a professional.

Who's to say he hasn't good to SB and said it would probably be best if he has a fresh start somewhere else for this season as I doubt he has good vibes about this club after his experience last year.

Tbh it's probably good for us if he goes, however it happens.

He is not in the right condition to play for a team that needs to go up this season, and the squad feels a bit unbalanced with him due to this.

Getting rid of him and picking up a decent prospect/ out of favour prem player to play that number 10 role and we will look so much more capable of getting through the season in the manor we want them too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Just watch him bang them in for Sunderland

hope he does then we can sell him......but he won't be banging them in against us......too much to snuff him out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

hope he does then we can sell him......but he won't be banging them in against us......too much to snuff him out.

He can't play against us anyway TRO, loan players can't play against their parent club. 

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

No snuffing will be required as he won't be playing us.

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He can't play against us anyway TRO, loan players can't play against their parent club. 

Trent got there before you Dave.....yes my mistake.:)

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I get the sense he's on his way down. Players can quickly decline when they get into their 30s physically and he's obviously had issues in that area and isn't in peak fitness. That happened to Carew for instance.

Looking o.k in pre season is a million miles away from being effective once the proper stuff starts. I remember a pre season when Luke Moore scored about 5 goals against a Swedish village team and once the season started he couldn't score.

Rightly or wrongly Gabby is more SB's type of striker and he clearly feels he can get some goals and performances out of him more than McCormack.

I make Czechlad totally right - I have only seen / heard that McCormack has tried his best in pre - season - he is a proven poacher at this level and yet looks as though he's getting bombed - others can do nothing for years, score a goal which amounted to nothing more than sticking out a leg and all of a sudden is welcomed back like a long lost son - Bruce better get this call right or be prepared for the fall out that will come his way  imo 

Edited by Dave J
Missed 3 letters imo

i think Bruce needs to sacrifice at least two big earners and is banking on getting rid of at least two from Elphick, Amavi and McCormack. I don't think he would have sold Baker unless he had to. I'm sure that he probably doesn't want to keep De Laet because he didn't sign him, but has to because he is returning from injury and no-one else will sign him he has to try and use him. I hope De Laet is an asset also, but we don't need four right backs.

No-one sane would buy Micah or Gabby either so he is stuck with them.

Â