Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, John said:

I find it hard to believe that Sunderland cannot afford to pay all of his wages despite getting Defoe's wages off their books and also cannot afford to pay us any money to make him their player despite the money they have banked for Pickford and their parachute payments. I suspect instead that they are trying to take us for mugs.

Could it be that SB was prepared to give another chance to players who had fallen out of favour before he arrived at the club but does not feel quite the same way about players that have fallen out of favour under his own watch?     

Sunderland are in a shocking state financially so wouldn't be prepared to pay much for him - the club is in a similar state to we were under Lerner with a wantaway owner not prepared to spend much .

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Sunderland are in a shocking state financially so wouldn't be prepared to pay much for him - the club is in a similar state to we were under Lerner with a wantaway owner not prepared to spend much .

That is fair enough, just stop sniffing around players you can't afford then?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, John said:

Could it be that SB was prepared to give another chance to players who had fallen out of favour before he arrived at the club but does not feel quite the same way about players that have fallen out of favour under his own watch?     

Makes sense doesn't it to judge players on what they do under him and seems good management.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If it's a loan and we are still paying some of his wages I just can't see the FFP benefit that makes this worthwhile. 

Bruce clearly doesn't fancy RMC and so is looking to replace him but cannot at present due to FFP limits. If however, (and I may be wrong), for example Sunderland pay £20k/wk of his wages that will free up these wages for a loan/new signing without exceeding FFP. Additionally any loan fee would also contribute to reducing our FFP commitments.

All IMO but I can see why SB is willing to allow the loan to take place.

1 hour ago, John said:

I don't recall many clubs bending over backwards to help us back then. If Sunderland are not prepared to pay much for our player they should start looking at players that will not cost more than they are prepared to pay. There is little point looking through the window at John Lewis when your budget does not stretch to Poundland prices. ;) 

I totally agree, they seem to be hoping for a loan deal or vastly reduced fee - I wouldn't let him go on loan to another club in the same division and would hope for at least £5m if sold .

• Like 1

If we are to loan him out and still pay most of his wages then send him to Rangers or Motherwell or something like that.

Potentially helping a league rival, and paying for it is retarded. If they want him, pay up.

I don't see it, but he could potentially have a good season somewhere. Unlike say someone like Richards who will only cause harm wherever he goes.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Bruce clearly doesn't fancy RMC and so is looking to replace him but cannot at present due to FFP limits. If however, (and I may be wrong), for example Sunderland pay £20k/wk of his wages that will free up these wages for a loan/new signing without exceeding FFP. Additionally any loan fee would also contribute to reducing our FFP commitments.

All IMO but I can see why SB is willing to allow the loan to take place.

But if we pay even a small amount of his wages we are paying someone to help a rival team who have the same ambition as ourselves. 

It's absolute madness. 

I just don't see the advantage of it. If we're that desperate for another player then I worry about how we've been financially run so far and the true state of our squad. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But if we pay even a small amount of his wages we are paying someone to help a rival team who have the same ambition as ourselves. 

It's absolute madness. 

I just don't see the advantage of it. If we're that desperate for another player then I worry about how we've been financially run so far and the true state of our squad. 

I see your point, however, if SB doesn't see RMC being good enough for us and would rather replace him with someone who is better/more suited to the team but has to move RMC on before doing so i can sort of understand the thought process. Fully agree that it is a gamble but if RMC will just sit on the bench/be unused all season replacing him would make sense......Also, SB maybe does not see RMC being in the right condition to be a success elsewhere in this division....only time will tell I guess as i'm pretty sure this loan will go through sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

If Steve Bruce KNOWs that Ross is 100% buggered, then this loan makes a lot of sense, he can be 100% buggered at Sunderland. If Bruce knows that Ross is on form and motivated, then of course a loan makes no sense. I tend to think ol Brucie, despite having a potato for a head would know the difference. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Steve Bruce KNOWs that Ross is 100% buggered, then this loan makes a lot of sense, he can be 100% buggered at Sunderland. If Bruce knows that Ross is on form and motivated, then of course a loan makes no sense. I tend to think ol Brucie, despite having a potato for a head would know the difference. 

• Depends whether Grayson could get Ross performing again , a few goals  and a bit o confidence and he could be a decent player for Sunderland but we shouldn't be loaning him to them in my view - a cash deal or no deal.

Just now, Eastie said:
  • Depends whether Grayson could get Ross performing again , a few goals  and a bit o confidence and he could be a decent player for Sunderland but we shouldn't be loaning him to them in my view - a cash deal or no deal.

Well for sure, would be a masterstroke by the manager and he must fancy he can do it. But just have a feeling that a 30 year old footballer, with a ton of guaranteed cash and other business interests, who uses his gate as an excuse for not turning up has probably gone past the point of no return. Also he'd need the rest of the Sunderland team to actually not be awful too, they'll be fighting each other and shipping goals as much as they'll be getting the ball to Ross. 

• Like 2

I guess it depends if there's a fee involved with the loan or not? 

I'd rather keep in then loan him to Sunderland to be honest, even though I don't rate him. We don't really have anyone who can play the "number 10" role now Jack is injured. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No, we're not. How many goals did he score in preseason again?

How many goals has Hazard, Pogba, or Bale score in preseason again? They should just sell those players since they aren't doing it.

See how stupid this logic is? McCormack played a couple preseason matches for us and looked good in both of them. His finishing was off, but was getting into great spots to score. Finishing will come once he gets match sharpness.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw some post on Facebook congratulating him on his Audi Q7 purchase from the Sheffield branch. Make of that what you will.

Priorities eh!

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No, we're not. How many goals did he score in preseason again?

Put it another way - are you saying a fully fit & focussed McCormack would not outscore  Agbonlahor and at a minimum match Hogan ? I certainly believe he would 

• Like 2

Â