Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

heavy, but I get the sentimant.

or

if true

Just break his front gates

I'm sure there's a Pizza delivery service nearby

P.S. Do Davenports still deliver Beer at home?

P.P.S Is there a Massage at home service near him?

Edited by Grasshopper

why is it that the 'gross misconduct' definition is so much stricter with footballers? if most of us failed to turn up to work with lame excuses such as that we would be told not to come back, and wouldn't have a leg to stand on for any form of appeal to be taken seriously

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

why is it that the 'gross misconduct' definition is so much stricter with footballers? if most of us failed to turn up to work with lame excuses such as that we would be told not to come back, and wouldn't have a leg to stand on for any form of appeal to be taken seriously

I not a £12m 'assest' to my boss.

I'm somewhat saddened by this sorrowful saga - I think pretty much all of us were genuinely pleased when we signed him and thought that we had nailed a 20+ per season man. Now personally I don't think he has become a bad player overnight - sometimes it's just a case of wrong club wrong time and players realise they have made the wrong choice of club - who remembers the infamous David Unsworth saga? Hopefully a positive outcome for Aston Villa can be achieved and by this I mean a fully focussed and re- invented RM  comes out of this

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dave J said:

sometimes it's just a case of wrong club wrong time

Apparently Fulham players have been vocal about not wanting him back...seems he's just a dickhead no matter where he goes. I wonder why we weren't able to suss out that fact prior to signing him.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I'm no expert, but I'm sure missing work for one day, would not constitute gross misconduct. You'd have to be given warnings and action plans prior being sacked. With Bruce saying this to the press, I'd be surprised if we hadn't given him a formal warning.

1 hour ago, Mr.Messy said:

I not a £12m 'assest' to my boss.

Exactly. I know people at work who make hundreds of millions for the company, so they can, and sometimes do, take the piss. They could get sacked but they're too valuable, so they don't. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Apparently Fulham players have been vocal about not wanting him back...seems he's just a dickhead no matter where he goes. I wonder why we weren't able to suss out that fact prior to signing him.

That was in The Sun. Feel free to ignore it.

• Like 1

Obviously, his action doesn't seem great and it looks very poor on him but  I would certainly like to know more from him and hear if there are any personal issues that are connected to his actions. Depression amongst professional players is often overlooked and would certainly like to know that he isn't suffering from that in any way.

If it is down to him being a lazy good for nothing then get shot as soon as possible. He does have talent and can score goals at this levels so would like to know what else might have changed bar us having very little creativity to supply him.

Well if it is depression then he needs to get treatment since having all this negative attention from the club/fans/press isn't going to help it. In some ways I blame Di Matteo for purchasing him and not utilising him like other clubs have in the past. He may feel let down by the club as your proven at this level yet not being given enough run of games to get going (Fulham fans say he's a slow starter then picks up fast).

I think I will reserve judgement on him because it feels a lot more has happened than what has been said. It is a disappointing situation for all concerned.  I can't really see him coming back after this but you never know in football things can change very quickly.

Edited by The Fun Factory

If he is suffering from depression or has another kind of mental illness he has my sympathy and I hope he recovers quickly to help us and more importantly himself. Otherwise this is just another of chapter of 'Aston Villa: A laughing stock... (2010 - ?)'.

Edited by Hornso

Â