Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

11 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Couldn't see him lasting long with that attitude under Ron Saunders who would have been ruthless.

in fairness I dont think Bruce is tolerating the same. After last season that is a good thing, we had too many clowns then

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dn1982 said:

We now have a midfield strong enough to play 2 in there. I want him to get his head right apologise and show his worth. Give me a choice of Jack or Ross with Kodija and I'd take Ross every day. If he doesn't leave Bruce has to reintegrate him. 

What if he doesn't want to be reintegrated? You know, turn up for training and stuff. 

41 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What if he doesn't want to be reintegrated? You know, turn up for training and stuff. 

He reintegrated Gabby so I don't think Ross will be that hard to do! We can't afford to have a £12m asset getting 40k a week not being involved. Bruce will know the situation. He either goes or gets brought back in. 

41 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He reintegrated Gabby so I don't think Ross will be that hard to do! We can't afford to have a £12m asset getting 40k a week not being involved. Bruce will know the situation. He either goes or gets brought back in. 

Gabby didn't do anything anywhere near as bad as McCormack under Bruce. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gabby didn't do anything anywhere near as bad as McCormack under Bruce. 

My point is he reintegrated him when he was a lot further away from the team than Ross. I stated I wanted him to get his head right and apologise. If he does he can be a big asset for us or at least a big fee. 

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

My point is he reintegrated him when he was a lot further away from the team than Ross. I stated I wanted him to get his head right and apologise. If he does he can be a big asset for us or at least a big fee. 

I think it's a bit different under a new manager, where Bruce was perhaps right to give everyone in the squad a chance to prove themselves (although I don't think Gabby should be anywhere near them team based on ability but that's a whole different topic) . The difference with McCormack is that he's been showing a complete lack of discipline while Bruce is manager - and therefore he is rightly being punished for it. At least it looks like Gabby is putting the work in, credit to him.

McC can go one of 2 ways now

I hope he goes the right way for us, be that loaned/sold or getting his head down

If the penny needs to drop, he's only got a few hours in my opinion.

Gaby needed years for the penny to finally drop. But thats because he's thick (and shit)

McC must surely see the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Gabby wanted it.

You can't make him go if the deal isn't right for everyone, what if nobody wants him? And you can't force him to want it. Bruce isn't going to reintegrate him unless he puts the effort in himself, simple as. 

Until then he may as well stay at home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gabby wanted it.

You can't make him go if the deal isn't right for everyone, what if nobody wants him? And you can't force him to want it. Bruce isn't going to reintegrate him unless he puts the effort in himself, simple as. 

Until then he may as well stay at home. 

He's 29/30 and never been a problem before. He's had personal issues and acted like a clearing in the woods. He's missed training a few times but I've not seen Bruce question him when at training. We pay his wages. If he doesn't turn up you fine him. He'll soon start turning up. Then you get him fit and use him. There's been nothing to suggest he won't try. He'll be wanted by loads of clubs and if you're happy letting him rot at home we may aswell let him go. I'm not. He's worth too much. Bruce is supposed to be a very good man manager and I'm confident if Ross is still here in Feb he'll get him going again. 

I think if we can sell him, then great get rid of him as we've had enough 'problem players' over the last few years.

If we are unable to offload him and Ross shows a willingness to get himself fit and fight for his place (like Gabby has done), then with the new players around him he could be what we need beside Kodjia.

If he doesn't want to fight for his place then I agree, let him stay at home and we will look to offload him in the Summer.

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He's 29/30 and never been a problem before. He's had personal issues and acted like a clearing in the woods. He's missed training a few times but I've not seen Bruce question him when at training. We pay his wages. If he doesn't turn up you fine him. He'll soon start turning up. Then you get him fit and use him. There's been nothing to suggest he won't try. He'll be wanted by loads of clubs and if you're happy letting him rot at home we may aswell let him go. I'm not. He's worth too much. Bruce is supposed to be a very good man manager and I'm confident if Ross is still here in Feb he'll get him going again. 

But my point was you can't force him to do that and when it doesn't work blame the manager, which is what you seem to be setting up here? There's plenty to suggest he might not try, half a dozen missed or unacceptably late training sessions attest to that.

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

There have been more than a few suggestions that he has been a problem at his previous clubs.

As for Bruce not questioning what he has done in training then you're right he hasn't publicly. In fact it isn't Bruce's style to go public with outing players not towing the line and he has stated that it is the first time he has felt the need to do it in 20 odd years of management. That suggests to me that the issues with McCormack go pretty deep and that he has been disciplined previously and is not responding to a manager who like you say is known to be a very good man manager.

The ball is in McCormacks court on this one just as it was recently in Gabbys. Knuckle down and impress the manager. If that means busting your bollocks whilst training with the youngsters so word gets back to the manager that you are then so be it.

I personally think the issue with McCormack may be that for the first time in years he found himself not one of the first names on the team sheet. He was no longer the big fish he was a smaller fish in a huge pond. You'd hope he'd have embraced that but so far he hasn't. I fully accept our poor midfield has meant we haven't played to his strengths but anyone who has seen the games he has played will know in the main he hasn't helped himself and at times has hardly broken sweat. I don't think he has looked fit right from the get go.

I actually rate him by the way but we don't need players around the club not giving their all. We have seen enough of that. Bruce wiped the slate clean when he came in and has given everyone a chance but now he has shown that cross him, and fail to pull your weight, then it won't be tolerated.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Well we have about 4 days to do something with him. Maybe Tony can get us a good offer from China? 

He can't find his way to Bodymoor Heath 

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

He can't find his way to Bodymoor Heath 

So maybe he finds himself Shanghaied, waking up after a wet night out in a freight container aboard a ship headed for Macao?

It happens you know...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think some club will take a punt on him but its likely to be a loan move.

Qpr - Holloway thinks he's the bees knees , always crowing over Ross.

Edited by Eastie

Â