Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

14 minutes ago, Billson said:

Depression, stress, anxiety maybe?

Not necessarily things that will have been with him for the past 10 years.

If it's an addiction or something more long term then yes you would wonder why it's only becoming a problem now.

Yes depression can be triggered by an event like divorce but I don't know anything about his personal circumstances so can't comment. Bruce hanging him out to dry can't help anything though. Makes it hard for him to play for us again because of the wrath he will get from the supporters.

15 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Bruce must surely know that it isnt a mental health issue to be calling him out in public like that. Surely

Mental Health and its diagnosis is such a gray area that Bruce would have to be 100% sure that it is attitudinal or circumstantial rather than psychological before he and Tony have come out and said what they have. The danger now of course is that McCormack just has to hint at having mental health issues and the club, and Bruce and Tony as individuals, could be opening themselves up to all sorts of criticisms and actions.

As you said, hopefully they are sure that it's just an attitude problem. Either way I don't know if it's a good thing to be calling someone out like that publicly. We don't know the circumstances though I guess, and if it gets a reaction out of him & he starts playing well again then great.

Gabby has been on the front pages of the papers, slated by an assortment of managers and many of the supporters for being a fat lazy bastard, told he shoud go elsewhere by the new owner and he is still back playing and seems to be putting in a shift.

don't see why ross missing training a few times and being a bellend would mean he could never play again

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Gabby has been on the front pages of the papers, slated by an assortment of managers and many of the supporters for being a fat lazy bastard, told he shoud go elsewhere by the new owner and he is still back playing and seems to be putting in a shift.

don't see why ross missing training a few times and being a bellend would mean he could never play again

Probably because he didn't do any of those things under Bruce? Not a fan of Gabby and personally can't wait for the day he leaves but under Bruce there is no denying he has got his head down and got on with it.

I'm not so sure Bruce is ready to let him leave this window tbh!

Doesn't make sense to attack him so publicly then sell him, just gives the buyers more leverage.

looks like a good old fashioned kick up the pants to me.

i suppose we will find out though

• Like 2

I have said this a few times on here but given some of what I'm reading in this thread I think it's worth repeating. I live in the city centre and am out 3 or 4 nights a week. I know a lot of people in town and one of my mates is a doorman at a certain gentleman's club. Ross McCormack is out most nights of the week getting absolutely trollied.

He is a playboy. Plain and simple. That's why he is missing training and a couple of stone overweight. We really have signed a dud and if we can recoup any money at all for him then we should be grateful.

27 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

So he's definitely just depressed then

I've kind of bitten my tongue on this matter but I have a little story to tell....

I went for a drink with one of my oldest and dearest friends on Christmas Eve and he was his usual jovial, happy go lucky cheeky lad, said our goodbyes,  speak to you after the fat man has brought his 2 daughters presents down the chimneys, and went home.

Had a phone call at around 10 PM the same night informing me he'd killed himself! Turns out he had been "just depressed" since we were at school and even his best mates and most of his family had no clue. 

I wish people would engage their brains before posting about things they have no clue about and how it affects people regardless of status or how much they're worth. Making lighthearted jokes  about, and trivialising, depression and mental illness is disgraceful, would you do the same with cancer sufferers? 

On the matter of Ross McCormack I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the truth outs (if it ever does).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

We seem to have to cut our losses on nearly every player we sign.

Absolutely. There is a thread talking about wages/finances etc so i don't want to cross threads and go OT. But out problem over the years has not been how much we have spent, but the shit we have spent it on. 

Â