Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Seems Fulham players wasn't too happy with Ross.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2691968/slavisa-jokanovic-drop-interest-in-aston-villa-bad-boy-ross-mccormack-after-being-warned-off-striker-by-fulham-dressing-room/

SLAVISA JOKANOVIC has dropped his interest in Ross McCormack – after being warned off the Scot by the Fulham dressing room.

Cottagers chief Joka was considering a switch to re-sign the striker on loan this January, having sold him to Aston Villa in the summer for £12million

McCormack, 30, is currently training with the Villa Under-23s following his infamous ‘Gate-gate’ where he failed to show up for training as the gates at his house were stuck.

A clutch of clubs are reportedly ready to move for the forward, but SunSport understands Fulham are no longer one of those.

That was after Jokanovic consulted his players over the prospect of bringing back McCormack – and the feedback was negative.

McCormack was understood to be a disruptive influence last season, despite being the club’s – and possibly the division’s – best player.

And it appears the Cottagers' squad, where Jokanovic has bred a team-first mentality that has helped produce arguably the finest football in the division, gave short shrift to the idea of the ex-Leeds man returning.

Well thats not good news. Can QPR afford him?

I think we need to sell even if it is for 6 million.. otherwise he will be stealing wages for another 3-4 years like Nzogbia. He is already 30 and probably past his best. Get rid asap .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

Well thats not good news. Can QPR afford him?

I think we need to sell even if it is for 6 million.. otherwise he will be stealing wages for another 3-4 years like Nzogbia. He is already 30 and probably past his best. Get rid asap .

The trouble is he is a Championship level player and there aren’t many Championship clubs that can afford 6 mill fees and the wages he is on. I doubt QPR could pay 6 mill for him.

Let’s hope he turns this around, knuckles down and forces his way back into contention.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The trouble is he is a Championship level player and there aren’t many Championship clubs that can afford 6 mill fees and the wages he is on. I doubt QPR could pay 6 mill for him.

Let’s hope he turns this around, knuckles down and forces his way back into contention.

Unlikely.. talk is he doesnt want to play for Bruce anymore.. get rid. 

None of this is great for either party. McCormacks name is currently mud so that hampers any move away he wanted to make and it also means we won't get a decent price if we do intend to sell him. It also makes the club look silly for signing him and if he's not turning up for training and doesn't want to play under Bruce then we are left with a £12 million paperweight.

So the sooner they sort this the better for both.

Our new n zogbia we can't get rid of

Ffs did villa not do their research and establish what kind of character we were getting.  And people thought it was a better signing than gayle. And I got laughed at that gayle isn't worth 10m

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What, so we'd rather just give him all his wages in one lump sum instead?

That wouldnt happen. If reports are true, he's breached his contract and villa could terminate it after going down the correct legal channels.

Of course theyre unlikely to do so as we'd be waving bye to the 12m we paid for him.

3 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

That wouldnt happen. If reports are true, he's breached his contract and villa could terminate it after going down the correct legal channels.

Of course theyre unlikely to do so as we'd be waving bye to the 12m we paid for him.

I understand where you're coming from but we wouldn't get away with it.

We're stuck with him, draining the clubs funds. I've seen this before somewhere...(about 10 times)

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I understand where you're coming from but we wouldn't get away with it.

We're stuck with him, draining the clubs funds. I've seen this before somewhere...(about 10 times)

Agreed, we find ourselves in another costly and embarrassing situation thanks to our scouting and recruitment team.

Players have too much power. Shirley its only a matter of time before a club sues a 'lazy' player for loss of value when they decide they dont want to play anymore

atm he is an asset of £0 because noone has bid/shown interest.

regardless what we paid for him, that money was budgeted and amortation eventually takes care of it.

where we stand now is

(If rumours are true)

Asset as sellable item £0

running costs 4?k/pw

amortation 1year (complete amortation unknown)

decision

risk weekly running costs till summer hoping for the asset sellable price to increase by either

1) running cost outgoing

or

2) use asset for effective work performance marginalising a loss or covering of costs.

irrespective of the human element

effective worker <-> co-operative worker

What is best for AVFC short & long term?

11 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Agreed, we find ourselves in another costly and embarrassing situation thanks to our scouting and recruitment team.

Players have too much power. Shirley its only a matter of time before a club sues a 'lazy' player for loss of value when they decide they dont want to play anymore

you can be Frank with me

but dont call me Shirley

• Like 2

This is one of the things I strongly detest about football, but more so in sport in general.

A player signs a contract, but because of " player power", its a one way contract. A player is blessed with avoiding the rat race by playing sport for a living, and reaps the substantial financial benefits in doing so. In return, as a condition of that contract, the player performs to the utmost best of their ability for the organisation in which they have signed the contract with.

It is very wrong that this is not the case. In the case of McCormack, and countless other examples, if a player sabotages or fails to honour that contract, then by everything right, they should forfeit any form of compensation, and should in fact be vulnerable as individuals to compensate the organisation for any outlay and expenses made to bring that player in.

Unfortunately, it is a case of buyer beware that is not in anyone's control. The player can act like a total bell end, then laughs his ass off on the way to the bank.

• Like 3

Â