Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

21  is exceptionally young for a goalkeeper especially at this level. He is still very much learning his trade and will be for a few years yet. I would rather we bring in an experienced keeper at this stage of our transformation before we completely destroy this kid's confidence by expecting more of him than he is currently capable of.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

First goal was a terrible error...it wasn't even that hard a shot, he has to hold it.

Yes absolutely awful piece of goalkeeping. I also thought he should have done better from the freekick, but the first one really was a terrible error. 

The problem is that 6 games in and he's making a habit of conceding poor goals so it begs the question as to what on earth do we do? For a championship keeper he was quite a big outlay. Hopefully we can dip into the loan market and get someone more experienced/solid in.

When we first signed him and watched his video reel, I thought he likes to palm the ball out a lot, probably should've been able to hold the shot.

Other two goals it's harder to say if he was at fault, better keepers have conceded those type of goals.

i think he will become an outstanding keeper, but as others have said, we need a solid experienced keeper at this point in time. 

Yeah I remember quite a few or us were concerned withthe way he made saves. Hollywood dives rather than just smothering the ball. Starting to see why his side got relegated last season. He's not ready yet.

Hmm still support the lad as he is so young and there is a good goalie in there, but I think it wouldnt hurt to get a senior keeper in or on loan. Pantillimon was floated, that'd do nicely. Gollini also needs a senior keeper to learn from. 

He will cost us a goal most games I imagine. He's already cost us 3 goals and we're only 5 games in. 

I had my doubts from the off. Seems ludicrous bringing in such a young keeper and making him no.1 without any real competition from a more senior player.

This will get a lot worse before it gets better.

He  wasn't solely at fault for the Huddersfield goal. Defender was ball watching. GK should never have to commit to that outside his area with opposition player that close

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He  wasn't solely at fault for the Huddersfield goal. Defender was ball watching. GK should never have to commit to that outside his area with opposition player that close

I agree but over all the games so far he just isnt good enough, yet. We have been signing captains all over the pitch and we desperately need one at the back now, or at least someone with experience.

It's a new team gelling together. I'd rather give them 10 games at least than throw the baby out with the bathwater. Roy Keane lost 5 straight with Sunderland before going on to win the Championship did he not?

Â