Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's a new team gelling together. I'd rather give them 10 games at least than throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

I am in agreement with your point. But Gollini's errors have cost us points in three games so far, and along with not having a striker despite spending fortunes already, it's obviously a problem as no amount of goals scored will fix it.

Also, take a look at how many players Huddersfield, top of the league, have brought in.

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Anyone remember what De Gea was like when first in the league. He looked shocking, but they stuck by him and look at him now. Not saying Gollini will reach those heights, but I think it's worth persevering.

This is a lie. He let in that Dzeko-shot in the Community Shield and was targeted on set-pieces, but all in all he was pretty great from the start - making tons of impossible saves. If he looked shocking, please post all the Youtube-videos as evidence? He wasn't world-class, but he was easily amongst the best keepers in the PL. Using him as an excuse for Gollini is just daft

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's a new team gelling together. I'd rather give them 10 games at least than throw the baby out with the bathwater. Roy Keane lost 5 straight with Sunderland before going on to win the Championship did he not?

Not that it's much relevance but Keane won his first two games as sunderland manager as i recall. Gollini may come good but i don't think we can afford to let him learn on the job. 

I think he will be a good goalie. I just hope he doesn't get destroyed as so many seem to playing for us . To stop that happening I wish we had better than bunn or steer to bring in to give the lad a break

43 minutes ago, Papillon said:

This is a lie. He let in that Dzeko-shot in the Community Shield and was targeted on set-pieces, but all in all he was pretty great from the start - making tons of impossible saves. If he looked shocking, please post all the Youtube-videos as evidence? He wasn't world-class, but he was easily amongst the best keepers in the PL. Using him as an excuse for Gollini is just daft

He was not one of the  best in the league in his first season. Yes he made saves, but he dropped a lot of crosses. I'm sure you know how to use to use the Internet to find videos yourself.

What is daft is calling me a liar, when I have put up an opinion on a football forum.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

We just simpley cant afford his fatal errors everygame, he needs to stop them happening or were screwed for the season without a solid #1. We'd be atleast 6 points better off with a more experienced goalkeeper.

a better goalkeeper ;)

ive seen some of our experienced goalkeepers be just as shit :P

57 minutes ago, Papillon said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11127607/Premier-League-review-David-De-Geas-mistake-shows-how-much-Manchester-United-goalkeeper-has-improved.html

Signed from Atlético Madrid as a raw 20-year-old in the summer of 2011, De Gea started badly and deteriorated quickly in his role as Edwin van der Sar’s successor. 

A gaffe on his Community Shield debut against Manchester City was followed by a worse mistake on his first Premier League outing at West Bromwich Albion and, as the errors grew and the confidence of his defenders evaporated, United actively searched for a replacement. 

It took eighteen months before De Gea finally eradicated the mistakes, but since a costly injury-time error at White Hart Lane in January 2013, he has become one of United’s most consistent performers, even winning the club’s player of the year award last season.

He's given interviews since saying he nearly quit. The goalkeeping coach said his first few months were 'horrendous'. He was far from 'easily amongst the best keepers in the PL' 

Gollini will be a great keeper for us, just needs a bit more time and support. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Anyone remember what De Gea was like when first in the league. He looked shocking, but they stuck by him and look at him now. Not saying Gollini will reach those heights, but I think it's worth persevering.

For every De Gea, there is a Massimo Taibi!

• Like 3

I think Gollini will come good, he just needs to be taken out of the firing line for a bit. Lets bring an experienced keeper in, on loan if necessary.

• Like 1

A striker can be piss-poor and the team can still win, and the best team in the world doesn't necessarily have to have the best goalkeeper... But he at least needs to have the basics in place.

But when a goalkeeper starts to gift goals away, he becomes the biggest liability and there is no room to give him free rides in the first team. Like I said, a striker can be poor and still play (Kane), but a goalkeeper cannot. If he is this dodgy, he needs to be replaced. What is it now? 5-6 points lost due to his howlers?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Papillon said:

A striker can be piss-poor and the team can still win, and the best team in the world doesn't necessarily have to have the best goalkeeper... But he at least needs to have the basics in place.

But when a goalkeeper starts to gift goals away, he becomes the biggest liability and there is no room to give him free rides in the first team. Like I said, a striker can be poor and still play (Kane), but a goalkeeper cannot. If he is this dodgy, he needs to be replaced. What is it now? 5-6 points lost due to his howlers?

I think so, iits fair to say we'd have atleast 6 more points in the bag if it were not for his clangers. The huddersfield one always gets defended but for thats the worst one, it is definitely a clanger.

Gollini is a big reason for why we are so low in the table. I do agree that he has some talent, but his mistakes are getting a bit farcical already. Definitely needs to be taken out of the firing line for the time being. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, Papillon said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here it is....:D

I remember he let in a really soft one against Shane Long on his league debut....right at the start of the video.

I do think Gollini has talent....I like how decisive he is on crosses but bottom line is he's costing us points with his flaws so wouldn't be against taking him out for a while. He can always come back in at a later date.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Time for Steer IMO. 

Where is he though? Bunn has been back up and played at Luton so can only think Steer wants to leave after playing weekly last year.

Now if Gregg Evans actually knew what he was doing he might actually ask RDM a question like that....

• Like 1

He is making too many mistakes but bear in mind that we haven't exactly had a settled back 4 yeat which makes it difficult for him to trust/know what to expect from them. He is young, coming from a team that were just about as crap as us finishing bottom in the italian league so doub't he is going to be completely full of confidence anyway but the constantly changing defence isn't going to help him in any way (bacuna/elphick/chester/cissokho have played 3 times in which we only conceeded the one fluke/poorly kicked huddersfield goal, the rest of the games have been a bit of a jumble)

He needs to work on positioning from free-kicks though, more than the individual mistakes this is something that can be worked on & sorted out quickly and his positioning & setting up of the wall has been absolutely terrible so far, luckily only 1 goal has come from it but this is down to tohers poor shooting more than anything else

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â