Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's very raw and has a few things to sharpen up on, you have to expect a young keeper to make mistakes. He just now needs to minimise them so they don't cost us anymore points. 

Or make those mistakes away from the first team

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think people are kidding themselves if they think Gollini isn't our number 1 for this season or that the owner is going to override the manager on team selections. 

I don't think he will be number 1 choice by christmas.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm not judging him. I'm asking the question, are you happy with him being our keeper for the next 43 games with Bunn as back up? 

No - I'd rather have Jed Steer as back up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think people are kidding themselves if they think Gollini isn't our number 1 for this season or that the owner is going to override the manager on team selections. 

No-ones kidding themselves, we're fully aware he's our number 1.

I can't say I'm overly confident with that decision though. I can only judge on what I've seen so far and in the 3 games he's played, he's made two pretty awful errors. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No-ones kidding themselves, we're fully aware he's our number 1.

I can't say I'm overly confident with that decision though. I can only judge on what I've seen so far and in the 3 games he's played, he's made two pretty awful errors. 

He hasn't, though, he's made one - and even that was partly due to an underhit backpass from Cissokho (still a terribly sliced kick, mind).

The sliced kick was awful, but it's not as if he sliced it and it went straight in.

He sliced it, Elphick headed it, it hit their striker, hit Elphick AGAIN then fell straight into his path.

He's had horrific luck. And people are on his back already. How does that help?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The sliced kick was awful, but it's not as if he sliced it and it went straight in.

He sliced it, Elphick headed it, it hit their striker, hit Elphick AGAIN then fell straight into his path.

People are just discussing what has happened, I don't see the issue?

It's allowing negativity to seep in again.

Saying things like 'he won't make it until Christmas as number 1' is just needlessly negative and if you take that attitude to VP with you, it'll filter down to the players.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Saying things like 'he won't make it until Christmas as number 1' is just needlessly negative and if you take that attitude to VP with you, it'll filter down to the players.

Sorry, everything's great. 

Wooooo go villa! and rainbows! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hopefully it something the mods could clamp down on, warning points for discussing mistakes and errors on VT. We'll be champions by Easter.

• Like 2

Actually screw this, i'm out.

If you want to crucify our 21 year old keeper after 3 games and 1 mistake, be my guest. That's your prerogative. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We are allowed to criticize our keeper when he makes an error. Going back to the Middlesborough friendly, Gollini has now made a game defining error in his last 3 of 4 matches. 

Middlesborough - Parries a simple shot straight into Negredo

Sheffield - Slices a clearance that then takes a freak bounce and leads to a 1v1 causing us to lose 3 points

Hudderfield - Kicks the ball low and hard into the back of a defender causing us to lose 2 point. 

It's just a little worrisome. We can't afford to be dropping points off silly errors if we want to get out of this league. I am not saying everyone crucify Gollini, but he should be held accountable. Learn from the mistakes, don't do them again. 

Still think our captain, our no-nonsense leader has to take control there. You don't have a ball right next to you and watch it roll slowly as the striker comes up on you. He has his own head, he should use it. Once a goalie makes a shout, the defender's still allowed to touch the ball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We are allowed to criticize our keeper when he makes an error.

Theres a difference between pointing out a mistake and saying he should be dropped and won't last until Christmas.

It is the decision to play him that I m against. He's a a development player. I have no doubt he is doing his best and he is selected I am sure he will. 

Its the toughest position of all to play in - and as it seems we have funds - I don't see why we are going with an untested guy. Its far to early to say he is good or crap - I just don't think he should be learning his trade in a season when promotion is the stated aim.

• Like 1

Don't know if anybody else saw it but he turned around to face the North Stand and raised his hands after the goal went in. I thought that was quite mature because a lot of players would've blamed the defender who was partially to blame. As I said, if he recognises what he's doing wrong then it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

• Like 4

Â