Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes. Yes he was.

Brighton - promoted with them 2011.

Bournmouth - promoted with them 2015.

Aston Villa - promoted with them 2019??

It would appear that every 4 year cycle Elphick is part of a team that conquers promotion. He has been recalled just in the nick of time if you ask me.  :lol:

So he's been at the heart of 2 defences who have been promoted out of this league. 

It's funny how these players keep rocking up here and looked crap for us. 

I am confident Smith will bring him back to that kind of form. 

Oops, I see the Brighton promotion was to the championship not out of it, but nevertheless still a successful team. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Having seen some of his performances in a Villa shirt I don't think the badge ever mattered too much to him. He has been dire most of the time. I'm not that excited to see him back. 

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

Having seen some of his performances in a Villa shirt I don't think the badge ever mattered too much to him. He has been dire most of the time. I'm not that excited to see him back. 

I was in your way of thinking.. but I feel he is going to be a different player this time round.

Two promotions Tommy will do us proud.

Been playing well for Hull by all accounts. Always thought his attitude was fine - from memory he was pretty easily outfoxed at times.  Hope and think he will start today. In his short time here  DS has only played square pegs in round holes when he has no other option.

Edited by hippo

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Very good performance by him today, I can’t understand some of the criticism of him in this thread by some, he’s a very good Championship centre back 

Genuine question SGC and I don't mean this in a patronising way, especially as I also thought Tommy was decent today, but are there many (or any?) players at Villa who you don't rate?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Genuine question SGC and I don't mean this in a patronising way, especially as I also thought Tommy was decent today, but are there many (or any?) players at Villa who you don't rate?

Precisely 0, they are professional footballers at this great club for a reason and you?

Â