Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

I don't think Tommy Elphick is the answer, but I don't thing he is the problem either.

I do think we need at least 1 Unit at Centre Back to deal with aerial threat....Chester and Elphick could play off them.

we need new players at full back and midfield.

Full backs and midfielders should be controlling the ball and the front 3 should be retaining it.....better than what they are.

4 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

I’m not sure this guy strengthens our defence in anyway other the being another “body” I can’t say I have seen him play well for us since his debut.

I can't say I have seen any player of ours play well defensively for some time...not since JT hung up his boots.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I can't say I have seen any player of ours play well defensively for some time...not since JT hung up his boots.

Yes this is probably closer to the truth.

The standards set by Villa over the last decade have lowered our expectations so much we  now cannot recognise if we actually have signed a good player or just someone who is just a bit better than the ones we already have but still not really an improvement....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I really liked Tuanzebe personally. He's been our best defender this year. Sure he has his moments, but I think he'll be a decent Prem player in the long run.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Yes this is probably closer to the truth.

The standards set by Villa over the last decade have lowered our expectations so much we  now cannot recognise if we actually have signed a good player or just someone who is just a bit better than the ones we already have but still not really an improvement....

So true.

35 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I really liked Tuanzebe personally. He's been our best defender this year. Sure he has his moments, but I think he'll be a decent Prem player in the long run.

So do i .....forgot about him.

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Is it me or does Axel Tuanxebe and Kortney Hause seem a really cool duo? Sounds like a combo from an 80s cop movie! 

PS: To stay on topic, Tommy Elphick is nowhere near cool enough a name to be alongside either of the above! 

Villa Vice with Tommy Elphick as the by the book police chief 

• Like 1

Â