Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Seemed to play well yesterday although I changed seats and sat very low down so harder to get a perspective of the game.i guess we conceded 2 goals so defence still not fixed, I don't think either were his fault though? 

Edited by sidcow

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seemed to play well yesterday although I changed seats and sat very low down so harder to get a perspective of the game.i guess we conceded 2 goals so defence still not fixed, I don't think either were his fault though? 

Him and steer did nothing wrong yesterday. One was a wonder strike and poor positioning from hutton. Other was sloppy play from the midfield 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Precisely 0, they are professional footballers at this great club for a reason and you?

Again totally serious, so that means that any player at all who either signs for us or comes through the youth team, you'll think they're a good player who deserves to be at Villa no matter what?

In response to your question, there are several players I don't think are good enough, although some are definitely worth keeping around for now either for squad depth or because we don't have other options. They include Hutton, Taylor, Nyland, Bunn, Moreira, Whelan, Elmo, Gardner, Hogan, and Bjarnason. And there are several players who also are generally alright/good but have flaws in their game that cause me concern.

Anyway, Tommy seems like a great pro and certainly worth bringing him back. I wonder if we'll see him paired with Hause so Chester can get his injury sorted. In that case, could he even retain the captaincy?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Anyway, Tommy seems like a great pro and certainly worth bringing him back. I wonder if we'll see him paired with Hause so Chester can get his injury sorted. In that case, could he even retain the captaincy?

I said in here a couple of years ago that I did the stadium tour a while back when Tommy was still the captain and everything anyone we met said about him was positive. Sounded like he was really well thought of behind the scenes.

So even though I don't think he's very good, I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about the captaincy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I can see this happening. 

• 2 weeks later...

He'd surely be furious with being taken off. Centre back isn't often a position you see changed and at 1-0 down it wasn't like he'd done much particularly wrong. Felt like he was almost being scapegoated. Hause was ten times worse.

35 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

His confidence must have taken a knock with that substitution, didn't think he had done too much wrong, and felt much more confident with him on the pitch than Hause.

Yes, a mistake by Smith.

1 hour ago, Avcol said:

He'd surely be furious with being taken off. Centre back isn't often a position you see changed and at 1-0 down it wasn't like he'd done much particularly wrong. Felt like he was almost being scapegoated. Hause was ten times worse.

Poor man  management by smith - elphick was our best defender today 

• Like 1

I feel for this bloke....playing for a team in their element and dragged back to this **** show.

getting plaudits for Hull and now getting dragged off against Wigan.

he must have run over a black cat.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 03/01/2019 at 19:57, avfc1982am said:

I think he will be moved on permanently with several others in the mass exodus come the summer.

Its all well and good moving them on.....to let in the next load to join the **** show.

but the **** show just rolls on.

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

I’m not sure this guy strengthens our defence in anyway other the being another “body” I can’t say I have seen him play well for us since his debut.

He was pretty good when filling in for John Terry last season. Was unlucky to lose his spot as soon as he came back.

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

I’m not sure this guy strengthens our defence in anyway other the being another “body” I can’t say I have seen him play well for us since his debut.

He’s been better than chester in last few games

Â