Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Felt exactly the same about RDM as I did for Sherwood. Both proved to be utterly useless. Didnt know enough about Garde to form a valid opinion.

The next manager needs to be the right man or we could become a Championship club for the long term.

My feelings too! A very poor appointment from the off - along with Sherwood I really didn't want him from the start but unlike Sherwood he didn't offer even the slightest hint that he could succeed. 

DrX has acted quickly and decisively - its crucial now that he makes the correct decision. Personally, I'd like to see a young manager take over. 

First order of business is to somehow shore up the disaster that is our midfield until we can bring in re-enforcements in January.

60m spent and still left with a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch will be RDMs legacy - ultimately it will cost us promotion this season

I never wanted RDM - and didn't think he would do any good.

But jesus how on earth could someone whose played the game for 20 years - managed a good few clubs - be so utterly clueless ?  

I really think he didn't actually do much. Rumours at Schalk that he spent to much time on his property business - no such rumours here - but he never seemed overly comitted

6 hours ago, KSV said:

Pretty much bang on to be fair. Couldnt disagree with you back then or now. Problem is who is the right man now?

We need to do everything possible to lure Guus Hiddink or Marcelo Bielsa.

If that fails, the next 5 on my list would be Allardyce, Flores, Guidolin, Laudrup and Phelan. I can see all these managers doing a good job providing the motivation and long term vision is there.

26 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

If that fails, the next 5 on my list would be Allardyce, Flores, Guidolin, Laudrup and Phelan. I can see all these managers doing a good job providing the motivation and long term vision is there.

I would prefer Marcelino García Toral, he did a great job at Villareal and would organise our defence. 

• Like 1

I was not keen on the RDM appointment from day 1, but that was based mostly on what I saw when his WBA team came to Villa Park to play against Houllier's very much injury hit team which featured a midfield of Bannan, Hogg and Albrighton with Lichaj at RB. We were there for the taking on that day with that team, and the form we were in, but WBA didn't really trouble us until we were 2-0 up, then they had a go and got 1 back and it was a nervous few minutes but we held on. I think that even Heskey scored that day!

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I was not keen on the RDM appointment from day 1, but that was based mostly on what I saw when his WBA team came to Villa Park to play against Houllier's very much injury hit team which featured a midfield of Bannan, Hogg and Albrighton with Lichaj at RB. We were there for the taking on that day with that team, and the form we were in, but WBA didn't really trouble us until we were 2-0 up, then they had a go and got 1 back and it was a nervous few minutes but we held on. I think that even Heskey scored that day!

Well remembered.

ba57fe186ef9d725038ff66dba5d0724.png

40 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well remembered.

ba57fe186ef9d725038ff66dba5d0724.png

I had not remembered Halsey being the referee, that makes it even worse that they did not beat us haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Complete delusion turning into utter madness as the post progresses from Hiddink to Mike Phelan.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Complete delusion turning into utter madness as the post progresses from Hiddink to Mike Phelan.

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness".

- Aristotle

Edited by Michael118

Genuinely terrible. Give me Garde, Sherwood, Lambert and even McLeish (can't believe I'm saying it) over this guy. All of the above would have got more goals and a better tune out of this team and all have been put in the 'worse Villa manager' catergory by myself at some point. 

23 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Remi garde was terrible too.

He was but he never really had a chance given what he inherited. RDM had a pile of money to spend in the summer and made a complete mess of it.

• Like 1

Â