Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He has left behind a group of unfit players and that is total incompetence and failing to get even the basics right.

I would be surprised if he manages again given the resources he had here and how he messed up.

Wasn't the fitness coach ex Inter Milan and Man. City?

Only thing I can conclude was training was too laid back in intensity....that was a warning about RDM from his times at Chelsea and West Brom that training wasn't the most strenuous it could be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Will never get a top end job, the conditioning of the players is absolutely ridiculous 

The fitness of our players has been diabolical for ages. I'm not sure what we do at Bodymoor Heath?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The fitness of our players has been diabolical for ages. I'm not sure what we do at Bodymoor Heath?

We have had multiple managers and supposedly highly rated fitness coaches working at Bodymoor which is itself meant to be top notch, and yet our players are always unfit. Either the coaches and facilities are massively overhyped or the players just dont put the effort in and cannot be motivated. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well he did sign kodjia, tshibola, and McCormack :P

Hardly deals of the century, both cost a shit load of money for this division and both were pretty obvious signings. It's not like he unearthed a Benteke for £7m, which is what quality scouts are supposed to do. Tish hasn't done a lot yet but was surely down to Clarke's recommendation based on his stint at Reading last season. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Two of the top scorers last season which took no identifying at all and a player recommended by Steve Clarke that I suspect Di Matteo knew nothing about.

Could be I guess we will never know...

After the Boro friendly I would have started to compile a list of possible replacements.

After the Luton 3-1 debarcle I would have sacked him.

He was our "Winkler" to get the shite out and oversee the squad overhaul.

Was never gonna be the strong arm to sort everything out. Just a "name" to get through phase one - clearing out the woods

On 23/10/2016 at 11:07, Demitri_C said:

Could be I guess we will never know...

We know everything within Trent's post.

But getreading understands Tshibola has since told the club that he wants to move to Villa Park, forcing Royals to reluctantly accept the offer.

Steve Clarke - who gave Tshibola his full Reading debut - is now assistant manager at Aston Villa and is a huge fan of the 21-year-old.

Â