Roberto Di Matteo

meme

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Ah yeah so he is. Swiss-born Italian. Though while he played for Italy, he is certainly Swiss so is he our first Swiss manager? My memory is so bad when looking into our past. 

He will be our first Italian or Swiss manager unless we include Billio McNeillio. :D

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

How the hell can fans know a persons personality without meeting them or knowing them. Granted some footballers are thick as pig shit (gabby), but I don't know the personality of most on here and cannot assume to know it without meeting you or talking to you. I can tell from posts if you're a knob or not (as you all think I am) but i'd be wrong as you could be a really nice decent person with a great personality. Anyway what has that got to do with being a manager. I want a winner someone who wants to Instill a winning mentality in the team not an Eric black or mcleish. If the older so called experienced players have no respect for RDM then they can **** off and let the younger blood who will look up to him have a chance. Bet there are players who will probably be itching to get a chance to join us after seeing what's unfolded with new owner manager and plans that are afoot.

i liked him as a player! If he can motivate the players to achieve even half as much as he did then what's the problem. He's won more in the game than any of these freeloaders have ever or will ever win. 

As ever, a perceptive post from the wise Naz (who has met me, and therefore knows I'm a knob...) :)

• Like 1

Im pretty sure another reason he left WBA was he was having a thing with 1 of the players Mrs and think it was Dorrans Mrs but might be wrong and plus they were having a bad run.

Edited by midian

Watching that video, I see Frank Carson is the WBA keeper.. I really really hope RDM didn't sign him, otherwise I'll be losing faith already

He's probably the best appointment we could realistically get. You could argue Moyes would be realistic but he strikes me as a bit of an arse, RDM seems like a top bloke. Good news if he's the new manager and I fail to see why anyone would think otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Watching that video, I see Frank Carson is the WBA keeper.. I really really hope RDM didn't sign him, otherwise I'll be losing faith already

I really hope he did. Can you imagine what other supernatural feats he's capable of if he can sign people that don't exist?

Edited by Keyblade

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I really hope he did. Can you imagine what other supernatural feats he's capable of if he can sign people that don't exist?

Oh he exists

Frank-C1.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Oh he exists

Frank-C1.jpg

Hasn't he died?

Any, back on topic (sort of)... I'm at the point where I'd be happy with any manager (within reason) - we just need an appointment soon so we can work on things for next season.  There's a hell of a lot to sort out!

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What have I missed, why is this an apparently assumed deal now?

Every news outlet in the UK stated last night at around 8pm that it's as good as done, the formalities are being ironed out now and it will likely be announced over the weekend. 

I am another who is not sure about RDM, not because he is not a good coach/manager, I am just not sure he is the right fit for us at the minute, much like Garde imo.

I think we need someone short term who is more of a disciplinarian 'to crack a few heads', maybe RDM is but he doesn't appear to be from the outside looking in.

Either way if/when he is appointed he will get my full backing.

I think there are big differences between Di Matteo and Garde; Garde came from french league having managed OL for three seasons, and he was/is relatively unknown. Garde has also just managed one club before but Di Matteo has been in several, so he's seen how different clubs operate and has (hopefully) learned from it. RDM also has some real achievements under his belt so he probably has more of the foundation to build the respect from the players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

I think there are big differences between Di Matteo and Garde; Garde came from french league having managed OL for three seasons, and he was/is relatively unknown. Garde has also just managed one club before but Di Matteo has been in several, so he's seen how different clubs operate and has (hopefully) learned from it. RDM also has some real achievements under his belt so he probably has more of the foundation to build the respect from the players.

sorry but im of the opinion that the core of our team is made of players that are scumbags, living the dream, creaming the wages, there isnt a manager in the world that will get their respect and get them playing, pep or jose arent going to make gabby fit or lescott a decent footballer or bacuna less of a bell end

they have to go

the difference between our next manager and garde is that the new guy will get the opportunity to cut out the rot and replace them with his own people

There's no comparison to be made between Di Matteo and Garde. Di Matteo knows English football infinitely better than Garde, and having worked in League 1, Championship and the Premier League, at clubs like MK Dons, West Brom and Chelsea, I'm sure he knows how to "crack a few heads together". You don't achieve relative success at all of those levels without having some knowledge of managing players, motivating them and being firm where necessary. 

Garde was very naive. Was clueless about football in this country and too weak with our squad. On top of that his football was hyper conservative and uninspiring. Di Matteo, from the outside at least, appears to be the opposite of Garde. 

• Like 1