Roberto Di Matteo

meme

I can't believe that the OS still hasn't announced it. There's no reason for them not to if Xia himself has confirmed it. Why wait to confirm 'something else' when they could just confirm RDM one day and the 'something else' another day? I believe something has fallen through and Xia has just gone rogue. Bad times ahead. I'm emailing the football league.

;)

• Like 3

I must say at first I wasn't too pleased with the news that RDM was the front runner for the job. I wanted Moyes. But the more I've researched him and his performance the more I think it will be a good appointment for where we are now as a club.

however the news of Clarke coming in as assistant has just cranked the appointment up to another level. He is a fantastic number 2 and the pair of them I'm sure will command a respect from the players and provide a mixture of flair and organisation in our play. I can't see them taking many prisoners either just like some wanted appears on for. The added bonus is neither of them are arrogant and will be srangling an opposing player in front of the television cameras anytime soon.

really hope this is confirmed today so they both can crack on identifying targets and more importantly shipping out the losers.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I can't believe that the OS still hasn't announced it. There's no reason for them not to if Xia himself has confirmed it. Why wait to confirm 'something else' when they could just confirm RDM one day and the 'something else' another day? I believe something has fallen through and Xia has just gone rogue. Bad times ahead. I'm emailing the football league.

;)

Don't, you know some on here will go into meltdown 

• Like 1

Jack Woodward has left the club.

Our one man PR hero leaving is probably why we haven't announced it.

So maybe Bevington's inquiry into what went wrong finally put the blame on Cap'n Jack for the disastrous summer recruitment?

• Like 2

ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB is pleased to announce the appointment of Roberto Di Matteo as our new manager.

The 46-year-old joins the Club following previous spells as manager of Milton Keynes Dons, West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea and Bundesliga side Schalke 04.

He successfully guided West Bromwich Albion to promotion to the Premier League in 2010 and led Chelsea to an FA Cup Final triumph and the highest accolade in club football - the Champions League title in 2012.

Roberto said: "It's a wonderful honour for me to become manager of this great football club and I'm looking forward to the challenge of taking Aston Villa back to its rightful place."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5620078,00.html

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5620078,00.html

ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB is pleased to announce the appointment of Roberto Di Matteo as our new manager.

The 46-year-old joins the Club following previous spells as manager of Milton Keynes Dons, West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea and Bundesliga side Schalke 04.

He successfully guided West Bromwich Albion to promotion to the Premier League in 2010 and led Chelsea to an FA Cup Final triumph and the highest accolade in club football - the Champions League title in 2012.

Roberto said: "It's a wonderful honour for me to become manager of this great football club and I'm looking forward to the challenge of taking Aston Villa back to its rightful place."

Hopefully the start of a bright new beginning - hopefully he's watched the horror showings of last season and already has an idea of what went wrong and who simply isn't good for the club.

Thought the delay was to sign Clarke too. No announcement of backroom staff? Pretty vague . Anyway good to see Roberto on board. We must all be 100% behind him now. Your one of us now.