Roberto Di Matteo

meme

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3611434/Roberto-Di-Matteo-inching-closer-named-Aston-Villa-manager.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Roberto Di Matteo edged closer to the Aston Villa job after holding productive talks with chairman Steve Hollis on Thursday.

The former Chelsea manager could even be appointed in the next 48 hours with prospective new owner Tony Xia keen to finalise his search quickly.

Hollis would need to officially make the appointment as the authorities still need to formally ratify Xia’s takeover but the fact discussions went well with Di Matteo signifies a breakthrough may be imminent. 

With Di Matteo rumoured to become Villa's manager in the next few days, it would be realistic to create a thread about him, even if it's just speculation at the moment.

What do you think of him? How long will he be Villa's manager for? Is this the start of a new managerial era?

Edited by meme

Champions League winning manager. It's not often a second tier team can sign a manager with that accolade and fans be quite indifferent to it.

I think he'll be a good fit, but I agree that he's got a lot to prove despite his medal cabinet.

Much rather him than a Pullis or Allardyce, and certainly better than Pearson.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Lowest win % is 42 and that's his lowest by some distance.

A big positive! 

Yeah his lowest is higher than MON and his highest is higher than any manager in our clubs history. He's qualified I don't see why people have such a big issue with him.

• Like 3

Happy it's not Pearson cuz he's a dick.

Happy it's not Moyes cuz his teams play boring football and he's been on a bad losing streak.

Welcome, Roberto!

• Like 3

I've always been kinda underwhelmed by his demeamour in the side of the pitch and in the interviews, and haven't seen him very charismatic nor strong personality. Hopefully he proves me wrong. If he is chosen as our manager, the fans gotta stand behind him.

• Like 2

Probably an improvement on Bruce or Warnock,

Still can't believe we've been on the look for a manager for months and months and months and RDM is the best option they could find. 

Who did they send out scouting? **** Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder?

• Like 2