Roberto Di Matteo

meme

Here we go again.

At the end of the day, Sherwood, Garde, Eric Black et al are all a sack of shit and did awful here. Who's the shittest out of the three is very much academic at this stage. Time to move on from the shambles of last season, I think we'd all be well advised to scratch that particular memory from our minds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The "conditions" were largely created by Sherwood.

Not garde's winless run at the start that would no doubt put any board off backing him in the window?

Like a few have said. OT. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Here we go again.

At the end of the day, Sherwood, Garde, Eric Black et al are all a sack of shit and did awful here. Who's the shittest out of the three is very much academic at this stage. Time to move on from the shambles of last season, I think we'd all be well advised to scratch that particular memory from our minds.

See, you tell people to move on and scratch the memory which is fine but you've coupled that with your opinion that all 3 were a sack of shit and did awful which obviously some people don't agree with which is why the debate keeps coming back.

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

Not garde's winless run at the start that would no doubt put any board off backing him in the window?

Spending 50 million quid to assemble the worst squad we (and possibly the premier league) have ever had, and taking them on a confidence sapping 10 game winless run himself would certainly have contributed to that, yes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Like a few have said. OT. 

Ah yes. It's always good to just give up half way through a season. Fighters until the last.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

See, you tell people to move on and scratch the memory which is fine but you've coupled that with your opinion that all 3 were a sack of shit and did awful which obviously some people don't agree with which is why the debate keeps coming back.

Well you may argue that 1 of the 3 wasn't a sack of shit but it's a matter of fact that they all did awful jobs here, that can't be debated. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well you may argue that 1 of the 3 wasn't a sack of shit but it's a matter of fact that they all did awful jobs here, that can't be debated. 

But the debate people are having is actually about the conditions they worked under which clearly can be debated.

8 hours ago, DK82 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2116017/Roberto-Di-Matteo-says-issues-John-Terry-giving-orders-bench.html

Accusations of player power at Stamford Bridge emerged again on Wednesday night when Blues captain Terry was pictured urging Michael Essien to drop back into defence during the club's thrilling Champions League triumph over Napoli.

Surely this would only be an issue if those instructions from Terry contradicted Di Matteo's tactics.

If they're aligned, then it's just a captain doing exactly what a good captain should.

• Like 2

Solid appointment.  Probably above par for a club like us too, definitely with us due to prestige you'd have thought - especially because we're in the Championship. 

So, welcome Roberto, Forza Villa!

I'm happy with this appointment (If it happens), rather Di Matteo than Pearson and Martinez (his teams decline quickly after he is appointed, attacking but absolutely woeful at the back) . People can bicker as much as they want about who is the best manager, but the problem with hiring managers is that you just never know if it will work out or not, some managers fit some teams, whilst others do not (Which is why Garde failed for us IMO), last season we could have hired Ferguson in his prime and I still believe we would have been relegated. I hope and have faith that Di Matteo will be a success. UTV and let's get straight back up to the Premier League where we belong! 

• Like 1

And one of the things I like about Di Matteo is that he was in Germany and wasn't a total flop, which is something most English managers seem incapable of (Going abroad) and there are even few managers in the premier league that can brag about positive foreign experience.

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

And one of the things I like about Di Matteo is that he was in Germany and wasn't a total flop, which is something most English managers seem incapable of (Going abroad) and there are even few managers in the premier league that can brag about positive foreign experience.

Oh rly? :D

Tin hat on, but I would still prefer Pearson. I'd like someone who's had some experience at building a team, essentially, from the bottom. The job to do here is huge. Even assuming Dr T offers the money he's promised, players must be brought in to gel together and with the ones we want to keep. That's a tough ask.

But if it's RDM, then so be it. I could wish him more luck. I think he might need it.