Roberto Di Matteo

meme

Pearson all the way. Matteo is more like Tony Barton. Winning a cup he can with a bit of luck, but maybe, just maybe, not the one to take the team up from the championship. But that's just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, momo said:

Pearson all the way. Matteo is more like Tony Barton. Winning a cup he can with a bit of luck, but maybe, just maybe, not the one to take the team up from the championship. But that's just my opinion.

No need to repeat the fact that he has already done this with another team, read back through the thread and i'm sure you will see his whole record regurgitated along with statements like this.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No need to repeat the fact that he has already done this with another team, read back through the thread and i'm sure you will see his whole record regurgitated along with statements like this.

Thank you. I wont do that. And it is Friday night.

10 minutes ago, momo said:

I think he did you know -  Take a team up from the championship to the PL ! but because it's the baggies he must be rubbish. I'd rather take a winner in both management and player wise any day! 

18 minutes ago, momo said:

He's already taken a team up to the Premier League. Did it with a tally of 91 points which is normally enough to win the league outright, were also the second highest scorers in the league that season with 89 goals. They came second on both fronts due to Newcastle who came 1st with 102 points scoring 90 goals on the way. Di Matteo knows what it takes to not only storm the Championship but get a team playing towards a solitary goal. Whether he can do that after building a team is unknown, but his quality in getting a team promoted isn't really in question. 

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

RDM would not have been my first choice, but then no one attainable really stood out (Moyes was my preference, but obviously not attainable). Can't grumble given the position we are in. 

I'm more than happy with Di Matteo, we could do a lot worse and it'll be nice to finally have a football manager that's actually managed more than one team. 

Who knows how it will pan out, there's no guarantees and there's always the odd anomaly out there. That's the same with any manager. 

Onwards and upwards I say, let's get him signed and see what he can do with some money behind him. 

Spending 50 million quid to assemble the worst squad we (and possibly the premier league) have ever had

Utter BS

Joint 3rd lowest points tally in Premier League history would suggest it's not mate

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Does anyone know if RDM has experience in The Championship? Specifically getting teams promoted. 

My Baggies mate at work told me he certainly knows the league. My Chelsea mate at work told me he knows the Champions League. My Schalke mate at work told me he knows a thing or two about the Bundes league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nazvfc said:

I think he did you know -  Take a team up from the championship to the PL ! but because it's the baggies he must be rubbish. I'd rather take a winner in both management and player wise any day! 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

He's already taken a team up to the Premier League. Did it with a tally of 91 points which is normally enough to win the league outright, were also the second highest scorers in the league that season with 89 goals. They came second on both fronts due to Newcastle who came 1st with 102 points scoring 90 goals on the way. Di Matteo knows what it takes to not only storm the Championship but get a team playing towards a solitary goal. Whether he can do that after building a team is unknown, but his quality in getting a team promoted isn't really in question. 

That is so true! I don't know how I forgot that. I just remember his teams fizzling out and suck, and him subsequently getting fired, both at West Brom and Chelsea. Felt that Pearson had more about him in the long run. Anyhow, just got up to date, and Pearson is gone to Derby. So RDM it is!

• Like 1

I'll be honest.

The only thing that sticks in my head about RDM was that he sat on Chelsea's wages for two years (?) refusing to take any other job because he was being paid so much weekly from their gardening leave, or whatever it is they put you on.

I didn't like that.

I'll take him over Nige though.

Edited by Tomaszk

Would have preferred Pearson.. but Matteo over Moyes. Surely theres more than just these 3 available? Could we be in a for a suprise.. Dyche or dare i say it.. (and hope not) Steve Bruce if Hull lose? 

25 minutes ago, KSV said:

Would have preferred Pearson.. but Matteo over Moyes. Surely theres more than just these 3 available? Could we be in a for a suprise.. Dyche or dare i say it.. (and hope not) Steve Bruce if Hull lose? 

You don't really keep up with the news do ya mate?