Roberto Di Matteo

meme

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If John Terry really did 'win' the Champions League for them then surely they'd have appointment him manager by now.

I was just about to post that if it's true, it begs the question why he hasn't won more...

Surely if he can do it on his own with lamps n drogba then with the backing of a top coach like mourinho, you'd think he'd be able to win it a few tim......... oh yeah, it's total bollocks isn't it.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The biggest difference between garde and Di Matteo is Di Matteo will actually have a chance to build a team.

Disagree, Di Matteo has better experience and intangibles for the task on hand.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Disagree, Di Matteo has better experience and intangibles for the task on hand.

Probably, I guess my point was there were bigger things holding back garde than his ability.

I'm sure if RDM had replaced Sherwood, for example, then we'd still be facing the Championship next season, even if it would have been with a few more points.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably, I guess my point was there were bigger things holding back garde than his ability.

I'm sure if RDM had replaced Sherwood, for example, then we'd still be facing the Championship next season, even if it would have been with a few more points.

Garde's man management was his biggest problem. He managed to piss off the bulk of the senior players within about 5 mins of arriving and he appointed Robert Duverne who is probably the last person you would appoint when you have a squad where morale is low.

Garde dug his own hole, kept on digging and then just gave up and went to sleep in it.

Total joke of a manager, his appointment doomed us. We had had a slim chance for survival that ended as soon as he left the canal+ studio

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Garde's man management was his biggest problem. He managed to piss off the bulk of the senior players within about 5 mins of arriving and he appointed Robert Duverne who is probably the last person you would appoint when you have a squad where morale is low.

Garde dug his own hole, kept on digging and then just gave up and went to sleep in it.

Total joke of a manager, his appointment doomed us. We had had a slim chance for survival that ended as soon as he left the canal+ studio

Hard to disagree with that.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"We want our players sorting out!!"

"WOAH - don't piss them off though..."

Ok :D

I don't think it's too much of an issue that he pissed them off. He seemed to piss them off, then bottle it majorly by continuing to play them.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I don't think it's too much of an issue that he pissed them off. He seemed to piss them off, then bottle it majorly by continuing to play them.

Who did he piss off and then continue to play, then?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"We want our players sorting out!!"

"WOAH - don't piss them off though..."

Ok :D

Man management is not an easy task, he walked into an unhappy camp and made a monumental **** up and never recovered

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Hard to disagree with that.

Not really.

I'm not sure I could disagree with it more.

but it's off topic, so we can discuss in the Garde topic if anyone can be arsed (I'm not sure I can :D)

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Pretty much. If RDM came in when Garde did he too would have failed, just as pretty much anyone would have failed this season under Lerner. I'd happily welcome Garde back now for what it's worth.

Me too,  managing any team we are playing

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

Me too,  managing any team we are playing

So would I actually - perhaps then people would see that the problem wasn't Garde per se but the conditions he was working under.

23 minutes ago, KHV said:

Man management is not an easy task, he walked into an unhappy camp and made a monumental **** up and never recovered

Agreed. Garde is a **** shite manager and RDM will prove to be made of much stronger stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So would I actually - perhaps then people would see that the problem wasn't Garde per se but the conditions he was working under.

So you'd have black and sherwood back?