Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

37 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder, how big should VP be given the current demand? Can be justify a 55-60k seater? Will we sell 40k season tickets each year? 

It's a difficult one but I'd prefer the buzz around the place always being a sellout as apposed to empty seats sometimes. Bit like a great restaurant that has a month or two waiting list for a table as opposed to one that's always half empty that you can walk straight in to, I know which ones food and service is probably the best.

We can make the ground bigger and future proof it to some degree, making it easy to extend should the demand be there and guaranteed.

34 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder, how big should VP be given the current demand? Can be justify a 55-60k seater? Will we sell 40k season tickets each year? 

i think we'll sell a fair few initially because the resale scheme is a big plus for people. you get the benefits of being a ST holder whilst still essentially picking and choosing games. with a higher capacity though, fewer games will sell out, meaning that many games you won't be able to sell your seat. which i can see putting people off renewing

i cannot go wednesday or sunday, and it's looking like i won't get any money back for either game due to the number of seats still available

55 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

With a 10k increase, I don't think they'll add many season tickets, maybe 3/4k (to appease the masses).

Hospitality (obviously) and single tickets is where the money Is made. People who go to 1,2 games per year spend more money on merchandise, food, drinks etc. Im a season ticket holder and barely spend anything when I go to home games.

Increasing the "family area" plus hospitality is where the money is. I took my kids to a game (they go 1,2 times a year), sat in the North Stand, must have spent 250 quid on tops, food and the tickets. Most games I spend £5 on parking and not a penny more.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

50,000, Purslow hinted at that figure in his interview on Friday. 

There will be a big emphasis placed on corporate improvements and provision in any changes, the effect on the capacity will be fairly small. 

Edited by Steero113

About 50 thousand seems about the right level to aim towards. It will be about the same as Everton's new ground which I always think we have similar support levels.  Man U are the only club outside London which has a capacity over 60,000. If we wanted much more over 50,000 it would involve almost building a entirely new ground so I don't think its really practical unless we enter a period of world domination, rather than flirting with a  top 6 and a few good cup runs.

11 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

However rebuilding an iconic stadium like Villa Park and creating something equally ironic, surely must have an appeal.

So you're saying there's definitely going to be a theme park? Hopefully the roller coaster goes under the pitch and out of the stadium via the away dressing room.

Excellent theme park aside, most modern stadiums are now multi-use venues. Look at the new Bernabau as an example. If we do develop the stadium we should be trying to make it so that's it's in use more often than not. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

So you're saying there's definitely going to be a theme park? Hopefully the roller coaster goes under the pitch and out of the stadium via the away dressing room.

I’d very disappointed if this wasn’t part of the plans. Would be nice if we could incorporate a water park too. Perhaps that could be centred around the away dressing room?

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thanks for the insight. Can you tell us does there have to be any sort of broad specifics in the first application? Such as, “Rebuild North Stand” or “Alterations to Trinity Road Stand”? Surely it can’t be as nonspecific as, “We wanna build some stuff.”?

Oh yeah, I bet the plans they have would have to be pretty advanced in broad terms by now. They’d even have the plans drawn by now if they intend to submit soon. I just mean that it won’t be the finished article by any means.

Although that depends, for an outline permission, you need very little detail. It can be just a red site boundary on a plan (and the supporting technical documents and stuff). So if they are doing an outline PP it  could just be that red line and all the details (what it looks like, how big it is, its siting, access) all come later.

• Thanks 1

I wonder when it might start - if the planning is submitted in December/January, and we have a firm ready to go soon, can we expect the start of works in the summer? Or more likely season after that?

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder when it might start - if the planning is submitted in December/January, and we have a firm ready to go soon, can we expect the start of works in the summer? Or more likely season after that?

Its going to take a while. As Purslow said transport is a major issue to resolve before capacity is increased. And there is also a difference between getting planning permission and then actually starting building work. 

I say go for 60,000. We can clearly justify demand for it and with the ambitions our owners have, we're going to need it.

We're the biggest club in 100 miles in every direction. No reason we shouldn't have as big a stadium or bigger than the likes of Everton  West Ham, Spurs etc. Go for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I say go for 60,000. We can clearly justify demand for it and with the ambitions our owners have, we're going to need it.

We're the biggest club in 100 miles in every direction. No reason we shouldn't have as big a stadium or bigger than the likes of Everton  West Ham, Spurs etc. Go for it.

Unfortunately old Trafford is 92m North... 

Will always be the way with villa, the region leaks like a sieve 

50,000 with tip-top hospitality facilities, backed up by a decent commercial aspect where the North Stand car park is will do us just fine. 

A football history museum, hotel and an entertainment/dining aspect would be very nice.

Opens up the chance of the site being busier during non-football days as well which is what is wanted.

60,000 capacity isn't needed, but a better matchday is.

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

I was just looking to see other teams capacities' given this discussion. 

Went on Wikipedia, spot the discrepancy here 🤣

image.thumb.png.c46990cc5763e958a2daa7cc06a9e615.png

So Newcastle are the 7th biggest PL ground, and we are 9th (according to that list) and 10th overall with Sunderland in-between. They obviously arent in the PL, so surely whoever is 8th in PL should be above us on that list??

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

So Newcastle are the 7th biggest PL ground, and we are 9th (according to that list) and 10th overall with Sunderland in-between. They obviously arent in the PL, so surely whoever is 8th in PL should be above us on that list??

Yeah they have it slightly wrong as we have a bigger stadium than Chelsea who they have as 8th on that column even though they are below this out of the screenshot 🤪

60k isn’t needed . 50k is fine and we’d only need 60k if the very unlikely happened and we started winning league titles, but football nowadays won’t allow that . I do think there’s games this season and the other season where we could have sold well over 50k,  but there’s been some games where we’ve only just sold out the 42k . I personally reckon there’s maybe 7-8k that would take up another season ticket out of the allegedly 20k waiting list. Demand increases demand as they say. I’d rather have fans locked out regularly rather than us struggling to sell out big games at a capacity that’s too big for us, and the lesser games having thousands of empty seats . 

• Like 2

Â