Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

33 minutes ago, villa82 said:

FAD8D387-25EC-4222-97D0-4EF42698FB2C.png

Option 2 restricted wrap around for me simply because it looks better, with the external stairways and it is a compromise between full wrap and independent stands.  Hopefully NSWE have brushed the dust off these.  They will have their own ideas but a lot of preliminary work will still be useful.

Have to remember that those plans are well over 10 years old. So if anything did happen it could look a lot different to that.  I am not construction expert but I fear that prices could be increasing due to all the labour and material shortages post covid. Hope that doesn't stop the plans progressing.

It could be an age thing but I just love Villa Park and would hate it if we ever moved. The red brick facade, stained glass windows, the mosaic, the Holte Hotel etc. It’s a unique venue. Obviously, we’ve lost some of it’s beauty and character over the years with poorly thought out refurbishments and cheap materials (ie the exterior of the Trinity Road) but it can be changed/altered again with any expansion consideration.

The North stand will need to go completely but I would love the wrap around of three stands if possible, copying some of the Holte End look or at the very least consider the use of red brick and stained glass.  I want that Tim Burton feel and Victorian Gothic Splendour everywhere! 

Below are elements taken from other stadia, some of which are modern and we can copy possibly? I just don’t want to see steel and ugly plastic everywhere. I do trust our owners to get it right though.  

image.jpeg.c17c60721f4d0c232a11a7d69c73ae23.jpeg

image.jpeg.b9a9c2e4a798249f19ef5f50effdb400.jpeg

image.jpeg.733db908531cb6f30c2ceb2648c25353.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It could be an age thing but I just love Villa Park and would hate it if we ever moved. The red brick facade, stained glass windows, the mosaic, the Holte Hotel etc. It’s a unique venue. Obviously, we’ve lost some of it’s beauty and character over the years with poorly thought out refurbishments and cheap materials (ie the exterior of the Trinity Road) but it can be changed/altered again with any expansion consideration.

The North stand will need to go completely but I would love the wrap around of three stands if possible, copying some of the Holte End look or at the very least consider the use of red brick and stained glass.  I want that Tim Burton feel and Victorian Gothic Splendour everywhere! 

Below are elements taken from other stadia, some of which are modern and we can copy possibly? I just don’t want to see steel and ugly plastic everywhere. I do trust our owners to get it right though.  

image.jpeg.c17c60721f4d0c232a11a7d69c73ae23.jpeg

image.jpeg.b9a9c2e4a798249f19ef5f50effdb400.jpeg

image.jpeg.733db908531cb6f30c2ceb2648c25353.jpeg

Couldn’t agree more. Perhaps it’s an age thing for me too but there’s something solid and permanent about bricks. It says this is Villa Park, the home of Aston Villa who’s chairman founded the first league in the world.

We’re not flash but we’ve been here for a long long time, our walls are built on the history of our forefathers and their glories seep out of the very fabric of the place. This is our home and this will always be our home. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting couple of ticket windows now open that might have an influence on how quickly we redevelop.

Firstly, Brighton at home with Villa in poor form, not the most attractive opposition historically, Villa not generating a lot of excitement and a grey cloud hanging over things - we're currently in the season ticket holder window with just a touch over 2,000 tickets remaining - I'd say 1,700 will reach general sale. If those 1,700 sell out quickly, then I think it highlights that demand can hold up, even if things aren't always going well.

Secondly, Man City is now at the members window - this is the game people have bought memberships for - and it will be interesting to see if this game makes it out of the membership window before it sells out. In theory, we have around 8,000 tickets available to 20,000+ members - if this one doesn't make it out of that window, it says that if things do go well, or for big occasions, there's definitely the ability to sell out a bigger Villa Park.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting couple of ticket windows now open that might have an influence on how quickly we redevelop.

Firstly, Brighton at home with Villa in poor form, not the most attractive opposition historically, Villa not generating a lot of excitement and a grey cloud hanging over things - we're currently in the season ticket holder window with just a touch over 2,000 tickets remaining - I'd say 1,700 will reach general sale. If those 1,700 sell out quickly, then I think it highlights that demand can hold up, even if things aren't always going well.

Secondly, Man City is now at the members window - this is the game people have bought memberships for - and it will be interesting to see if this game makes it out of the membership window before it sells out. In theory, we have around 8,000 tickets available to 20,000+ members - if this one doesn't make it out of that window, it says that if things do go well, or for big occasions, there's definitely the ability to sell out a bigger Villa Park.

Edit missed the columns below 

Edited by Follyfoot

On 01/11/2021 at 18:13, OutByEaster? said:

62 seats left

Edited by Follyfoot

19 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

62 seats left

The Brighton game ended up with just over thousand hitting general sale, but they were almost all gone in 20 minutes.

The City one is a bit more a surprise to me - you'd expect huge demand, but there are about 3,500 left after all the members have had a chance to buy, in terms of development, I'm not sure what that tells us about the ceiling for demand.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it isn't really under their control but re VP expansion they got to sort the rail services out from Aston and Witton. The queues have been huge this season. Less services and last saturday had loads of cancellations. I ended up just walking back to Snow Hill.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know it isn't really under their control but re VP expansion they got to sort the rail services out from Aston and Witton. The queues have been huge this season. Less services and last saturday had loads of cancellations. I ended up just walking back to Snow Hill.

Agreed. People spilling onto a very busy Lichfield Rd. There will be a fatality soon if the chaos continues. We gave up in the end and walked a mile up the track to Duddeston Station. When we came back through Aston the platform was still rammed.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

There have been massive ongoing issues with West Midlands Railway.  They have a massive driver shortage and cancellations are constant.

52 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Agreed. People spilling onto a very busy Lichfield Rd. There will be a fatality soon if the chaos continues. We gave up in the end and walked a mile up the track to Duddeston Station. When we came back through Aston the platform was still rammed.

This is exactly the reason why a potential expansion could / would be blocked by the council. Residents and police could block the expansion just off the thousands queuing for the trains. 

Parking is already a nightmare, how would that work with an extra potential 500-1000 cars? I drive in, would love to get the train but its expensive, unreliable and I can be home driving before I'd even make it to New Street. 

Â