Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

13 hours ago, brommy said:

If the club are reading this thread, can any increase in capacity be enough so a sell out (capacity minus segregation) is actually at least 50000, please?

For some reason it would annoy me if the new capacity was say 50200, but every sell out attendance was announced as 49835.

If Doug was still here they’d be announced as 36450. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Safe Standing is exactly the same space as seats ie 1:1 ratio so no difference in capacity.

Back in the day the common rule of thumb was for every seat you could get 2 people standing in the same space.

yeah whenever ive done it its been 2:1, wider rows 

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You can see it in the lower north with the seats put in. You get 2 little steps to cover each seat.

it would be done like this

See the source image

in a new stand thats wide enough for 2 people, so 3k people in seats or 6k people standing

obviously if we tried to install it anywhere else in VP its not wide enough

not a clue how spurs will operate theirs because they dont look any wider

See the source image

that looks 1:1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it would be done like this

See the source image

in a new stand thats wide enough for 2 people, so 3k people in seats or 6k people standing

obviously if we tried to install it anywhere else in VP its not wide enough

not a clue how spurs will operate theirs because they dont look any wider

See the source image

that looks 1:1

I always wonder with the top picture version when the seats are down wouldn't your view be obscured from the rail in front of you?

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I always wonder with the top picture version when the seats are down wouldn't your view be obscured from the rail in front of you?

i think the only time i sat down was at HT and didnt pay too much attention to it

can remember from Hamburg that because it was a european night it was 1 seat 1 person but villa fans still all ganged together, stood up, it some bits it was like 3 deep and 2 wide on 1 seat but then i left that area and went further up and just had acres of space to watch the game, they didnt even try and control it you just stood where you wanted

but my point would be that if we planned on potentially going a little too ambitious on the capacity, pushing towards 60k which i think is too much for us, then safe standing and how we did it could be that opportunity - the downside being that the safe standing area would always sell out and it would leave empty seats, could the club have a 55k capacity stadium that when it gets close to selling out they're able to put another 2k tickets on sale for the standing area? or is that a logistical nightmare

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No point having 60k and it been 10k seats empty.

I remember the days of Doug Ellis and we'd regularly have 30k attendances. It was embarrassing seeing half the doug Ellis empty on MOTD.

Things have changed since those days, demand for tickets are greater. 

• Like 1

I think some are jumping the gun with 60k . We aren’t a London club who can pull in a few tourists. We aren’t that type of club or city and we don’t have the match going fanbase to fill it regularly enough to make it worthwhile 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think some are jumping the gun with 60k . We aren’t a London club who can pull in a few tourists. We aren’t that type of club or city and we don’t have the match going fanbase to fill it regularly enough to make it worthwhile 

But Doctor Tony said we could.

Birmingham is getting large numbers of tourists lately. Largely due to shopping, but not just that. In any case there is a huge local population and we don't have to share Birmingham with anybody of note either.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We've barely sold out tomorrow against City. Midweek game or Sunday lunchtime against 80% of the league will be 20k empty seats.

What do you mean by barely? It sold out ages ago.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We've barely sold out tomorrow against City. Midweek game or Sunday lunchtime against 80% of the league will be 20k empty seats.

I think a game where we are more than likely to get spanked, starting at 8.15 after previous transport issues, not long before Christmas, during a pandemic is a vastly different prospect to a typical midweek or Sunday game. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Everton are going for 53,000, I would expect something similar. 

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still 700 left - the first game we've had that hasn't sold out this season.

Away end then. My mates cant get tickets and there's nearly 30k in the queue.

Edited by Mazrim

Â