Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we have to improve train capacity before expansion than that will make any future projects a lot more complicated and expensive, and more likely the owners to not bother.

Transportation will ALWAYS be part and parcel of any expansion plan.  It won't be something suddenly sprung upon them.

I expect it will have to involve some kind of development of Aston and/or Witton Lane railway stations.

Maybe some agreement with the buses as well

Edited by sidcow

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Transportation will ALWAYS be part and parcel of any expansion plan.  It won't be something suddenly sprung upon them.

I expect it will have to involve some kind of development of Aston and/or Witton Lane railway stations.

Maybe some agreement with the buses as well

That will be a nightmare. We couldn't even get them to paint Witton Station in claret and blue ffs.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I used to walk back to Town from Villa Park regularly. 

According to Google Maps it's a 48 minute walk from Aston Station to New Street, I'm pretty sure I used to do it in about 40 minutes. 

I bet most people spend 1.5 hours minimum waiting for trains from final whistle to arriving at New Street. 

Not sure why people are walking down the Canal when there is a perfectly good and shorter route down the main road? 

I'm actually amazed there isn't a planned tram route from Town to Star City.  Surely that would be an easy and logical route? 

It must be on the agenda eventually. Wes Edens is investing in Railways in the USA. Maybe he can invest in Midland Metro to make this happen. 

Tottenham did invest a lot in White Hart Lane Station when they developed their stadium.  I'm sure something could be done for Aston Station if we did increase Capacity. I reckon an entrance could be created on Aston Hall Road with extended platforms and long queue facilities adjacent to the tracks. 

Would save a lot of walking too. 

Need to make arrangements with WM Trains to run more services too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If we have to improve train capacity before expansion than that will make any future projects a lot more complicated and expensive, and more likely the owners to not bother.

Purslow did say it would be a 10 year process from what I remember.  Maybe this is what he was referring to.

On 23/11/2021 at 07:36, Don_Simon said:

We all walk into town after the game. Debrief on what we've witnessed on the pitch then get back on the beers. Easy. 

Seeing those queues for trains is crazy when town is a 40 minute walk.

Not everyone can walk for 40 minutes. 

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not everyone can walk for 40 minutes. 

Absolutely.

However, the vast majority of people pictured in the queues for the train station post game could. Leaving more opportunity for people who can't walk for 40 minutes to get the train they need.

• Like 4

On 23/11/2021 at 07:36, Don_Simon said:

We all walk into town after the game. Debrief on what we've witnessed on the pitch then get back on the beers. Easy. 

Seeing those queues for trains is crazy when town is a 40 minute walk.

No you don’t viler, no town drinking for you, Not allowed, Only blues in town drinking all vile drink in the shires

mate 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 23/11/2021 at 07:28, villa4europe said:

because star city has been dying on it ass for about 20 years...

That's where I park on matchdays. Much rather a longer walk than sitting in traffic.

Always packed when I get back to my car or drop in someone for a bite to eat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

No you don’t viler, no town drinking for you, Not allowed, Only blues in town drinking all vile drink in the shires

mate 

But, but, but, the Sunflower Lounge plays my favourite songs! (mate).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

mate 

That's a myth that only Blues drank in Town. The Windsor, Hole In The Wall and the Ben Johnson were all great Villa boozers back in the day. 

Now, the Town is devoid of all Character and nothing but a shit- hole. Makes me a little sad as I grew up a Townie. I remember another Villa fan from the Town, Victor, from Newtown, mixed race lad, you might remember him Folly, definitely from our generation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's a myth that only Blues drank in Town. The Windsor, Hole In The Wall and the Ben Johnson were all great Villa boozers back in the day. 

Now, the Town is devoid of all Character and nothing but a shit- hole. Makes me a little sad as I grew up a Townie. I remember another Villa fan from the Town, Victor, from Newtown, mixed race lad, you might remember him Folly, definitely from our generation. 

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

Edited by Don_Simon
Spelling.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sits four or five rows in front of me in the bottom of the Holte if we are on about the same fella, no hair 

Add the Cabin to that list as well 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Absolutely.

However, the vast majority of people pictured in the queues for the train station post game could. Leaving more opportunity for people who can't walk for 40 minutes to get the train they need.

Agree theres no excuse for young people not to walk if the weather is ok. Done it many times myself 

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Sits four or five rows in front of me in the bottom of the Holte if we are on about the same fella, no hair 

Add the Cabin to that list as well 

Could be him. Haven't seen him in years.

The Cabin. Forgot all about that, used to be at the back of Oasis. And the Pen and Wig. Good old days. 

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Â