Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still 700 left - the first game we've had that hasn't sold out this season.

Interesting, I havent even tried to buy any tickets this season as all the noise has all been that its very hard to get tickets, especially as we have 20k season ticket waiting list and priority being given to claret members and mates of season ticket holders. Maybe other fans are thinking this also?

On a slightly different issue I thought Villa have to provide more disabled seating within the next few years to meet the guidelines? I wonder if this has brought the issue of redevelopment higher up the agenda.  More disabled seating would probably result in a lowering of capacity if we don't expand.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We've barely sold out tomorrow against City. Midweek game or Sunday lunchtime against 80% of the league will be 20k empty seats.

Don't we sell out every game these days. I think an expansion to 50k would be more appropriate myself though 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I think a game where we are more than likely to get spanked, starting at 8.15 after previous transport issues, not long before Christmas, during a pandemic is a vastly different prospect to a typical midweek or Sunday game. 

Yeah you say that, but why?

• Haha 2

It's more about building a stadium for where you want to be in a couple of years when the work is done to be fair. We're filling the stadium almost all the time now and we're nowhere near where we want to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

It's more about building a stadium for where you want to be in a couple of years when the work is done to be fair. We're filling the stadium almost all the time now and we're nowhere near where we want to be.

Exactly, if we're a top 6 club playing regularly in Europe, then 60k should be the ambition 

• Like 2

I remember back in the day when I started going in the 80s we'd get 30k for a big game, but the general average would be about 15 to 20k. I remember v blues we got 22k and on a miserable Tuesday night we got 8k v Southampton I think. All that was not that long after winning the title and European Cup.

I remember my Dad telling me stories about attendance records we set in the old 3rd division. 

I think 42k is about right for us at the moment, the next milestone would be 50k and then nothing wrong with aiming for 60k+.

The fans are there waiting, we just need to attract them

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's good,  but I don't think he'll redevelop the ground.

Ha ha! That’s really tickled me… needless to say, wrong thread. 

Just imagining him brick laying now

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Where do we think safe standings going to be situated? 

When we were looking at a trail patch a while ago we were looking at the little curved bit of the Holte End where it joins the Trinity - not sure if that's still the case.

I think there are some quite restrictive things about the steepness and depth of steps you need to make it effective that mean it's not just a matter of pulling out one type of seat and putting in the other in very many parts of Villa Park.

Has there been some confirmation we're looking at taking up safe standing/rail seats?

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I remember back in the day when I started going in the 80s we'd get 30k for a big game, but the general average would be about 15 to 20k. I remember v blues we got 22k and on a miserable Tuesday night we got 8k v Southampton I think. All that was not that long after winning the title and European Cup.

I remember my Dad telling me stories about attendance records we set in the old 3rd division. 

I think 42k is about right for us at the moment, the next milestone would be 50k and then nothing wrong with aiming for 60k+.

The mid 80s was the low point for football attendances. It was deeply unfashionable at the time. Crowds started to stabilise and increase even before football was invented in 1992. Although it was a fairly crappy tournament Italia 90 with Gazza, Platty, and the rest, started the ball rolling again.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I think 42k is about right for us at the moment, the next milestone would be 50k.

Saturday 3pm, we would easily sell out 50k each week. 

It's the midweek games with late kick offs when the majority of families don't go that will always be the issue.

• Like 2

Â