Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

It seems to me that conversations around stadia haven't changed that much in the last 10-20 years: emphasis on match day hospitality (especially on the corporate side), family access, concourse, and (more recently) the reintroduction of limited standing. More folks, spending more money, on match days. 

I wonder if our commercial team can be a bit more creative and lead the way with further monetisation opportunities that might leapfrog what the other clubs are doing? The club's push into NFTs perhaps shows some lateral thinking in this regard, but could this sort of thing be connected to the match day experience a little more? I don't know, a Villa Coin or something that offers very specific match day perks? Or auctions where crypto folks can buy an entire stand's use for the day? I don't understand enough about the digital space, but it seems to me that people are getting very excited about 'Web 3.0' and the real world money it can deliver. Can we look towards some of that new financial infrastructure as part of tis stadium redevelopment? 

Or maybe we offer new match day experiences? Lacing the pitch side with UHD cameras and making a section of the corporate hospitality that is devoted to VR headsets or something that puts spectators on the pitch at that moment? 

I'd be happy with better concourse facilities and better seat availability, tbh, but I'd love to see us do something that gives us a revenue stream that other teams don't have. Wishful thinking, perhaps. 

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It seems to me that conversations around stadia haven't changed that much in the last 10-20 years: emphasis on match day hospitality (especially on the corporate side), family access, concourse, and (more recently) the reintroduction of limited standing. More folks, spending more money, on match days. 

I wonder if our commercial team can be a bit more creative and lead the way with further monetisation opportunities that might leapfrog what the other clubs are doing? The club's push into NFTs perhaps shows some lateral thinking in this regard, but could this sort of thing be connected to the match day experience a little more? I don't know, a Villa Coin or something that offers very specific match day perks? Or auctions where crypto folks can buy an entire stand's use for the day? I don't understand enough about the digital space, but it seems to me that people are getting very excited about 'Web 3.0' and the real world money it can deliver. Can we look towards some of that new financial infrastructure as part of tis stadium redevelopment? 

Or maybe we offer new match day experiences? Lacing the pitch side with UHD cameras and making a section of the corporate hospitality that is devoted to VR headsets or something that puts spectators on the pitch at that moment? 

I'd be happy with better concourse facilities and better seat availability, tbh, but I'd love to see us do something that gives us a revenue stream that other teams don't have. Wishful thinking, perhaps. 

If it's anything like my other crypto investments your Villa coin will buy you half a coke one week and three pints plus a pie the next week 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would be fairly relaxed if it has naming right to it, if it partly funded its development.  Have to keep the Holte End advert free though.

The Holte End, sponsored by Random Company You've Never Heard Of - The Fans Choice

I remember watching American sports years ago and I could always work out who was playing based on the name of the stadium. Now I don't have a clue as they are all company names. Deffo don't want that for Villa Park, it will always be Villa Park to me. Change the Doug Ellis if ya like to summat else

Edited by Talldarkandransome

Doesn't bother me personally

The holte is the holte, villa Park is villa park

The weirder thing would be a sponsorship that ends, the Emirates for example is the Emirates, what happens in 20 years time when it becomes dicks sporting goods arena?? They'll never shake it 

35 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The Holte End, sponsored by Random Company You've Never Heard Of - The Fans Choice

I remember watching American sports years ago and I could always work out who was playing based on the name of the stadium. Now I don't have a clue as they are all company names. Deffo don't want that for Villa Park, it will always be Villa Park to me. Change the Doug Ellis if ya like to summat else

No I mean I wouldn't  be up in arms if they sponsor the new stand/development. Not the ground though that should always be Villa Park.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2021 at 15:10, OutByEaster? said:

This seems to be the key, there are lots of things that local authority and the police could do on matchday that could make leaving Villa Park much easier - just manning some junctions and clearing some things out - it'd encourage more busses into the area by allowing better movement - the problem is that the police and local authorities are skint and the Premier League is enormously wealthy, so the local authority see only pound signs and the Premier league, as noted elsewhere has no interest in giving their money to anyone but themselves. The only group that can bring pressure to bear on this are the fans, because I don't think either of the two sides will move on it unless there's a lot of noise. 

This isn't a problem that we should be putting onto Christian Purslow, this is one of those occasions where we should be putting as much pressure as we can onto Andy Street.

To be honest if we expand capacity without doing anything about transport I'll probably knock it on the head. The days of 33-37k were okay, but getting out of the area when we sell out is terrible, I can't imagine how it'd be with 50k. I'd bike, scoot, tram, train, bus, drive, whatever it took if it got me the 6 miles home quicker than 90 minutes but it's starting to take up too big a chunk of my weekends with having to leave so early and get back so late for 90 mins of football. 

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Perhaps the club could talk to Simon Inglis the football stadium expert and villa fan about any plans. Villa Park- The First 100 Years is a great read.

Mind you I not sure Simon's heart has been in it since the old Trinity stand was flattened. 

He got me hooked on football stadia with his European stadium guide back in the early 90’s … Top bloke! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Doesn't bother me personally

The holte is the holte, villa Park is villa park

The weirder thing would be a sponsorship that ends, the Emirates for example is the Emirates, what happens in 20 years time when it becomes dicks sporting goods arena?? They'll never shake it 

It’s certainly full of dicks. 

Â