Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Nice to hear that planning permissions will be sought soon. Now we are stabilised as a premier league club once again the future promises to see a lot more investment and development. 50k might mean people like me have more chance of getting a season ticket again, or at worst it will be easier to book spontaneously. 

Exciting times to be a Villa fan, it must really destroy our six-fingered neighbours when they tune in to watch Purslow speak on AVTV (of course they do!). 

• Like 2

So, three priorities:

• Increasing attendance
  • Commercial revenues
  • Increased hospitality

That can all be achieved in one building I think and all in a new North Stand.

I'm not sure if 50,000 is an actual figure of an aspirational number - I think it would be difficult to build a hospitality heavy North stand that holds more supporters than the Trinity Road and it'd need to be that size to do that. It's all very interesting and the timescales on planning permissions are quite exciting. 

Good positive stuff.

• Like 1

I would imagine they're going to have to use the sides and wrap around the corners if we're looking to get a other 8,000 seats just out of the North Stand. 

For the physical size of it, it doesn't really hold that many fans. 

Be interested to see what they're planning. If we do go on to world domination maybe we could long term look at a other tier on The Witton Lane stand. 

• Like 2

What will be interesting, is that if they do build a new 15,000 seat North Stand, it will be bigger than the Holte End, both in terms of capacity, but because of the hospitality, physically bigger - it will look bigger - it'll be interesting to see if that changes the dynamic at Villa Park. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

What will be interesting, is that if they do build a new 15,000 seat North Stand, it will be bigger than the Holte End, both in terms of capacity, but because of the hospitality, physically bigger - it will look bigger - it'll be interesting to see if that changes the dynamic at Villa Park. 

I would like to see us square off that angle on the Holte end, it would be a.massive job though and while they are at stick another tier on it, make it a 20000 seater.

Does seem righ that end not being the biggest.

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that at Liverpool their main stand opposite the Kop holds 5000 more than the actual Kop.  It might be nice and have lovely facilities but it will be probably where the families go , especialltly with the club shop incorporated into it. 

Cannot ever see the Holte losing its special dynamic. Well to me anyway. Always my first choice 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, three priorities:

• Increasing attendance
  • Commercial revenues
  • Increased hospitality

That can all be achieved in one building I think and all in a new North Stand.

I'm not sure if 50,000 is an actual figure of an aspirational number - I think it would be difficult to build a hospitality heavy North stand that holds more supporters than the Trinity Road and it'd need to be that size to do that. It's all very interesting and the timescales on planning permissions are quite exciting. 

Good positive stuff.

I wonder if they might have a view to make more of the Trinity into hospitality packages and make a bigger North Stand with more "normal" seats (as well as better hospitality provision)?

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I wonder if they might have a view to make more of the Trinity into hospitality packages and make a bigger North Stand with more "normal" seats (as well as better hospitality provision)?

Possibly, I was thinking with what he was saying that he'd like more hospitality everywhere rather than just new hospitality. The big thing currently is those big lounges, the American style things with a big pitch view - you can get more people into those and then sit them outside without them needing a box. I think the priority would be piling a load of hospitality into a new North Stand, but I'm sure we'd like more elsewhere.

I could see a two (or three) tier North Stand where the whole of the upper (or middle tier) is hospitality seating - sort of the same thing as there is in the middle of the Trinity, but extended across the entire tier.

The Anfield Road expansion is adding 7,000 seats to Anfield so you're only looking at a similar size project, not sure why people think it's such an issue. 

What's blown me away is that they're still publicly stating we've got a 20,000 waiting list. Bearing in mind that they stated they were going to do some cleansing work on the list to ensure it was accurate that's an astonishing figure. 

Â