Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

48 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

This is exactly the reason why a potential expansion could / would be blocked by the council. Residents and police could block the expansion just off the thousands queuing for the trains. 

Parking is already a nightmare, how would that work with an extra potential 500-1000 cars? I drive in, would love to get the train but its expensive, unreliable and I can be home driving before I'd even make it to New Street. 

Loads used to park near the old leisure centre/aka the serpentine behind the tavern. That must be have a big loss of parking very near the stadium. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know it isn't really under their control but re VP expansion they got to sort the rail services out from Aston and Witton. The queues have been huge this season. Less services and last saturday had loads of cancellations. I ended up just walking back to Snow Hill.

It is appalling. When you have kids with you and opposing fans all queuing and someone angry and pissed in the same crowded space it makes you think twice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I have given up on the train and just walk up the canal into town but I get that might be a little scary for some now its dark after games.

Yeah, I've done the same every time this season - walked back into town.

22 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I have given up on the train and just walk up the canal into town but I get that might be a little scary for some now its dark after games.

You must be mad . Perfect opportunity for the lulus to ambush ya 

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You must be mad . Perfect opportunity for the lulus to ambush ya 

The definition of an ambush is a surprise attack by people lying in wait in a concealed position.

It wouldn’t be surprise, within 50 yards of every bridge you would smell the alcohol, piss, and probably hear them arguing about 2’s on the spliff. 

There would be plenty of time turn around. 

I used to walk back to Town from Villa Park regularly. 

According to Google Maps it's a 48 minute walk from Aston Station to New Street, I'm pretty sure I used to do it in about 40 minutes. 

I bet most people spend 1.5 hours minimum waiting for trains from final whistle to arriving at New Street. 

Not sure why people are walking down the Canal when there is a perfectly good and shorter route down the main road? 

I'm actually amazed there isn't a planned tram route from Town to Star City.  Surely that would be an easy and logical route? 

It must be on the agenda eventually. Wes Edens is investing in Railways in the USA. Maybe he can invest in Midland Metro to make this happen. 

Tottenham did invest a lot in White Hart Lane Station when they developed their stadium.  I'm sure something could be done for Aston Station if we did increase Capacity. I reckon an entrance could be created on Aston Hall Road with extended platforms and long queue facilities adjacent to the tracks. 

Would save a lot of walking too. 

Need to make arrangements with WM Trains to run more services too. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

because star city has been dying on it ass for about 20 years...

Maybe a Tram Route would change that. Get the owners to contribute. 

Or knock it down and build a huge housing estate...... With a tram route, would make the houses more valuable. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I used to walk back to Town from Villa Park regularly. 

According to Google Maps it's a 48 minute walk from Aston Station to New Street, I'm pretty sure I used to do it in about 40 minutes. 

I bet most people spent 1.5 hours minimum waiting for trains from final whistle to arriving at New Street. 

Not sure why people are walking down the Canal when there is a perfectly good and shorter route down the main road? 

I'm a actually amazed there isn't a planned tram rout from Town to Star City.  Surely that would be an easy and logical route? 

It must be on the agenda eventually. Wes Edens is investing in Railways in the USA. Maybe he can invest in Midland Metro to make this happen. 

Tottenham did invest a lot in White Hart Lane Station when they developed their stadium.  I'm sure something could be done for Aston Station if we did increase Capacity. I reckon an entrance could be created on Aston Hall Road with extended platforms and long queue facilities adjacent to the tracks. 

Would save a lot of walking too. 

Need to make arrangements with WM Trains to run more services too. 

I used to walk from VP to Five Ways, it always seemed like a quicker and more fun way to travel.

Plenty of pubs on the way back too!

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe a Tram Route would change that. Get the owners to contribute. 

Or knock it down and build a huge housing estate...... With a tram route, would make the houses more valuable. 

heading towards OT here...

depends who they are building the tram lines for, locals or to open the city to visitors, i lean towards the latter with phase 1 but phase 2 seems more like an attempt to expand in to the wider region

no one is travelling from abroad in to heathrow, getting HS2 to brum, getting the train to grand central and then getting the tram to VP or star city let alone a housing estate, i just dont think VP or star city has the numbers to make it viable and there's nothing beyond VP to make it a mid stop either, extending it to erdington or sutton coldfield would cost too much for not enough return

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

heading towards OT here...

depends who they are building the tram lines for, locals or to open the city to visitors, i lean towards the latter with phase 1 but phase 2 seems more like an attempt to expand in to the wider region

no one is travelling from abroad in to heathrow, getting HS2 to brum, getting the train to grand central and then getting the tram to VP or star city let alone a housing estate, i just dont think VP or star city has the numbers to make it viable and there's nothing beyond VP to make it a mid stop either, extending it to erdington or sutton coldfield would cost too much for not enough return

I think you will find 90% of Tram users are just people wanting to get around the city.  If it goes past somewhere like Villa Park that will only help with ridership. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Air Quality 😜 

Wildlife 

2 great pubs by Aston Uni to watch the later game.  Gosta Green and Sack of Potato's.

• Like 1

Â