Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Given Emery supposedly has the keys to the castle...I wonder if it was his call to postpone the North stand development. 

Its ultimately his spending power that he be curtailing, and maybe he valued the full house and opportunity to qualify for the champs league and play in it to a full villa park more greatly than having an extra 10m to spend 5 years down the line. 

The owners may still want to go ahead but could be waiting on Emery to dictate when that is. 

There is no way a manager (regardless of how good he is) has any say into the infrastructure project of building a new stand. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There is no way a manager (regardless of how good he is) has any say into the infrastructure project of building a new stand. 

I'd normally agree with you, but it just got me thinking about how much control we've supposedly given him, and where the line would end.  If he's delivering on the pitch everything and more that's being asked of him,  where do we draw the line off it. 

Obviously sponsorship deals and other none direct football impacting things are out the question. But something like a stadium where we play the games that is a huge factor in our form might not be totally unreasonable. At the very least I'd be shocked if he wasn't consulted and offered a view that the owners would have given more weight than the average manager

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd normally agree with you, but it just got me thinking about how much control we've supposedly given him, and where the line would end.  If he's delivering on the pitch everything and more that's being asked of him,  where do we draw the line off it. 

Obviously sponsorship deals and other none direct football impacting things are out the question. But something like a stadium where we play the games that is a huge factor in our form might not be totally unreasonable. At the very least I'd be shocked if he wasn't consulted and offered a view that the owners would have given more weight than the average manager

Personally I think he would have as much of a say in the matter as Watkins has. 

Plot Twist, Wagner are actually going to give us the 60K seat stadium in their redevelopment plan and SHA are going to stay at the sty but close 3 of the 4 Asbestos stands. 

You read it here first. 

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Id be amazed if the council would let us, they're redeveloping large chunks of the city, largely due to HS2, young professionals, businesses etc etc

football stadiums don't tick that box 

They're not pumping £2bn in to Smith fields to then put a stadium next to it 

Football stadiums might not tick the box, but multi-purpose, year-round venues, do.

FWIW, I don't see us moving to the city centre, but I do think the future of VP is more than just a football stadium.

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Id be amazed if the council would let us, they're redeveloping large chunks of the city, largely due to HS2, young professionals, businesses etc etc

football stadiums don't tick that box 

They're not pumping £2bn in to Smith fields to then put a stadium next to it 

I get what you are saying, but a new stadium is not a weekend thing.

It's restaurants, gyms, offices, hundreds of jobs, concerts, maybe a smaller comedy/small show venue.

It would be a 2nd (much grander) NIA. 

It's also thousands of people using surrounding pubs, public transport, going shopping after, using hotels, etc etc. 

It's exactly what a big city needs.

I don't think it will happen, but it might be a boost that the city needs. 

16 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

"something big is coming" - Heck 

Nothing bigger than a brand new Villa Bowl right 

Where / when did he say this?

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

VP simply needs a travelator from the city centre

A tram extension would do. Having watched baseball in San Francisco and Chicago both places had metro stations outside the ground and had multiple trains lined up for the end of the game to get people back to the main city areas 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

A tram extension would do. Having watched baseball in San Francisco and Chicago both places had metro stations outside the ground and had multiple trains lined up for the end of the game to get people back to the main city areas 

I quite like the idea of a dedicated tuk tuk lane 

Â