Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

This thread is entertaining… I see lots of posters are rattled about the lot down the road and their new 60000 stadium. 

*62 thousand seat spaceship designed stadium

(maybe) 😆

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

This thread is entertaining… I see lots of posters are rattled about the lot down the road and their new 60000 stadium. 

Check out the comparison on hedge fund tracker to see the merits of Atarios v Knighthead over the last three years.

Atarios has grown by 48% whereas Knighthead’s has slumped by 60%!

I know which company I’d trust my funds to be managed by. 
Is all they’ve done is buy some land off a bankrupt council. No plan’s or planning and no investment promised. It’s easy to talk big let’s see them walk the walk.

Mate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if they're planning a serious redevelopment we'll be a few more years before it appears in public, they could perhaps re-start the North Stand plans to coincide with the 150th anniversary, but I think we're likely just to see an announcement of the existing refurbishment plan which is just beginning to get underway.

What is beginning to get underway exactly? 

3 hours ago, limpid said:

Lie detector tests don't work reliably. It's why they aren't admissible as evidence in court. Might as well go with the "look into their eyes" method.

Hi Stevie G

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Buffs said:

What is beginning to get underway exactly? 

Following the survey by the company they brought in, the club have a plan for a major revamp of the hospitality areas - which I would hope they'll share at some point.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Following the survey by the company they brought in, the club have a plan for a major revamp of the hospitality areas - which I would hope they'll share at some point.

Will the halfway lounge still get built I wonder ? Have you heard what’s planned ? I was told they’re going to get rid of most of the private boxes and make them into larger lounges and the remaining boxes will be pitched at big international firms. Same person said he’d been told that this would allow extra rows to be added  to the upper tier as you’re not allowed to drink alcohol with a view of the pitch when the game is on. Then it doesn’t matter as much a slightly restricted view of the pitch from the lounges as you’d watch the game from a seat and not the box.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Went past our beautiful home on my coach journey- Mrs said my face lit up. Made me so happy when I realised we'd be going past.

No matter what happens re: stadium, Villa Park is a majestic stadium. 

VP is wonderful it just needs some TLC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Went past our beautiful home on my coach journey- Mrs said my face lit up. Made me so happy when I realised we'd be going past.

No matter what happens re: stadium, Villa Park is a majestic stadium. 

You went through Wellington Road Perry Bar? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

VP is wonderful it just needs some TLC.

The North Stand alone needs TLC from Peter Sutcliffe.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 18:17, OutByEaster? said:

There's an informal meeting scheduled for next week with the FAB - shall we ask?

You should, but if this thread is anything to go by neither you nor the club should expect to be believed whatever they say. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

You should, but if this thread is anything to go by neither you nor the club should expect to be believed whatever they say. 

In the past 11 months alone they have gone from definitely building a new North Stand, to Heck saying a new stand is 'a bad idea' and 'we are adding too many seats too fast' to appointing stadium construction experts to the Board. And we have gone from saying goodbye to the 'Lerner badge' to having a new round badge to well actually no, we are not keeping that round badge and we are going back to a shield.

If they go back to straightforward clear comms people will take them at their word and I will be the the first ti applaud them for it. People don't like being b.S ted.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

In the past 11 months alone they have gone from definitely building a new North Stand, to Heck saying a new stand is 'a bad idea' and 'we are adding too many seats too fast' to appointing stadium construction experts to the Board. And we have gone from saying goodbye to the 'Lerner badge' to having a new round badge to well actually no, we are not keeping that round badge and we are going back to a shield.

If they go back to straightforward clear comms people will take them at their word and I will be the the first ti applaud them for it. People don't like being b.S ted.

I agree that the changes of plan have been really disappointing, and that the way the decision not to go ahead with the North Stand was communicated was atrocious. No argument from me on that at all. 

That being said, if we're saying 'straightforward clear comms' is what we want, then it doesn't really get a lot more straightforward than the club's written response to the FAB, but seemingly quite a lot of fans are refusing to accept it. 

So yes, let's have clear comms, but also let's comprehend when 'no' is the answer. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Plan is to stay at VP with significant development planned with big announcements over the next two years.

- Box park space with 3k capacity is definitely happening. 

I'm beginning to wonder if the plan is now to develop Witton Lane stand first with the Liverpool method of building behind first. I know they said this was impossible with The North Stand, but not necessarily Witton Lane. Then do North Stand afterwards. 

To be fair even the notice of cancellation of Box Park Villa Live said it was still the intention to proceed with it. 

Hopefully we get these big announcements sooner rather than later. 

• Like 4

Â