Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

So someone says to you, you have to sell your house, which you might be quite happy in, and that's ok?

We would need to prove it was in the communities beneficial interests in order to obtain the CPO required. Losing X amount of houses but gaining Y benefits thus adding value to the whole area.

If it’s for the wider greater good of the overall majority of residents, then harsh as it is yes it is ok and a few shouldn’t get in the way of regeneration. 

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We would need to prove it was in the communities beneficial interests in order to obtain the CPO required. Losing X amount of houses but gaining Y benefits thus adding value to the whole area.

If it’s for the wider greater good of the overall majority of residents, then harsh as it is yes it is ok and a few shouldn’t get in the way of regeneration. 

Compulsory purchase is horrible. Your home is your castle, part of your soul and contentedness. If its yours its yours, its wrong.

• Like 3

Now Emery sorted for the next few years, let's build or develop a stadium to rival Spurs.  For us to give him the funds to do it and to cement the future of the club looking at the next 20-30 years. We need to up our game.

"Jakob Barnes

Tue 23 April 2024 11:30, UK

Tottenham Hotspur’s plans to increase the amount of non-football events taking place at their stadium just took a step forward, as an official application has now been sent to the local council for the changes to be authorised.

Since the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium opened its doors in 2019, it has quickly become one of the best and most financially successful venues in world football.

Spurs now rank eighth in the world when it comes to revenue streams (Deloitte), and a large part of that is down to the impressive returns from the stadium."

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-tottenham-submit-official-proposal-to-change-the-way-stadium-is-used/

• Like 1

Given Emery supposedly has the keys to the castle...I wonder if it was his call to postpone the North stand development. 

Its ultimately his spending power that he be curtailing, and maybe he valued the full house and opportunity to qualify for the champs league and play in it to a full villa park more greatly than having an extra 10m to spend 5 years down the line. 

The owners may still want to go ahead but could be waiting on Emery to dictate when that is. 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Now Emery sorted for the next few years, let's build or develop a stadium to rival Spurs.  For us to give him the funds to do it and to cement the future of the club looking at the next 20-30 years. We need to up our game.

"Jakob Barnes

Tue 23 April 2024 11:30, UK

Tottenham Hotspur’s plans to increase the amount of non-football events taking place at their stadium just took a step forward, as an official application has now been sent to the local council for the changes to be authorised.

Since the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium opened its doors in 2019, it has quickly become one of the best and most financially successful venues in world football.

Spurs now rank eighth in the world when it comes to revenue streams (Deloitte), and a large part of that is down to the impressive returns from the stadium."

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-tottenham-submit-official-proposal-to-change-the-way-stadium-is-used/

They already have at least 19 non football events every season.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Given Emery supposedly has the keys to the castle...I wonder if it was his call to postpone the North stand development. 

Its ultimately his spending power that he be curtailing, and maybe he valued the full house and opportunity to qualify for the champs league and play in it to a full villa park more greatly than having an extra 10m to spend 5 years down the line. 

The owners may still want to go ahead but could be waiting on Emery to dictate when that is. 

You would hope the delay to the stand is more likely a bigger development (DE & NS stands plus the whole of VP) with Atairos funding that project.

If they could rebuild the DE stand into something resembling a modern version of the old trinity 😍....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

If they could rebuild the DE stand into something resembling a modern version of the old trinity 😍....

Yes please. 

The architect should be given the photos and told to design a modern version of this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

You would hope the delay to the stand is more likely a bigger development (DE & NS stands plus the whole of VP) with Atairos funding that project.

That is the dream! 4 stands that would all be world class then! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I still live in hope that if they redevelop the whole stadium they 'reskin' the Trinity with red brick. I do like the idea of mixing the original design with some super modern stands too. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd only build a new stadium if he moved to the city centre. I'm not convinced it would be worth it in our current location if I'm honest. 

I’d only build a new stadium if it was anywhere but the city centre, I think that would be an awful place to have it.  Look I don’t want to move from Villa Park but I think it’s a very bad idea so close to the city centre for a stadium if we were to go down the route of building a new stadium imo.

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d only build a new stadium if it was anywhere but the city centre, I think that would be an awful place to have it.  Look I don’t want to move from Villa Park but I think it’s a very bad idea so close to the city centre for a stadium if we were to go down the route of building a new stadium imo.

Id be amazed if the council would let us, they're redeveloping large chunks of the city, largely due to HS2, young professionals, businesses etc etc

football stadiums don't tick that box 

They're not pumping £2bn in to Smith fields to then put a stadium next to it 

• Like 2

Unless we somehow agree with the council to help with CPO's and we pay  that cost I don't see how we can develop the ground, other than the north stand.

The council will be no help at all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Unless we somehow agree with the council to help with CPO's and we pay  that cost I don't see how we can develop the ground, other than the north stand.

The council will be no help at all.

Well it still probably would be less complex and less costly than finding a new site for an entire new build.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes please. 

The architect should be given the photos and told to design a modern version of this.

Imagine seeing that site from the M6 or even on the train to the new witton station. 😍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

"something big is coming" - Heck 

Nothing bigger than a brand new Villa Bowl right 

Where is that quote from? I’ve not heard it in the video snippet posted in the Heck thread.

• Like 1

Â