Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

9 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Villa Park is iconic.

People would have said the same about Highbury, now nobody even remembers it. Times change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

VP simply needs a travelator from the city centre

A couple more bus lanes, more parking restrictions on key routes and better enforcement of existing parking regulations would probably do the trick.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Every major club is redeveloping or strongly looking at redeveloping their ground. 

So are we

• Like 3

Heck added that money would continue to be spent on redeveloping Villa Park in order to generate more revenue at the stadium and enhance the fan experience.

“We’re spending a lot of money and capital expenses to renovate and rebuild and add on to Villa Park, which was built originally in 1897 so we have some work to do,” he said. “But we have this incredible building and this incredible opportunity to generate new revenue, and we see it through premium seating.

“Our core fanbase, our general admission ticket, we would like to give them a better experience, a grander experience without giving them the option to purchase more things but by changing their standard routine. So if that means keeping the prices similar to what they are then so be it.

“Our focus is on premium spaces. We have grand plans to add well over 1,000, closer to 1,500 seats this summer, that are premium seating in products at Villa Park. So that’s where we’re generating our revenue from our core fanbase by offering new things to purchase, as opposed to mandating a new purchase.”

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/aston-villa-shirt-kit-sponsor-betano-adidas-stadium-premier-league-chris-heck-interview/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally, some sort of hint of news about the work we're doing in our hospitality areas.

In terms of development work from what I can gather, it'll be the most work done on Villa Park since the Trinity Road Stand was built.

An extra 1,500 hospitality seats will make a difference to our revenues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Presumably that means 1500 fewer normal seats - so 1500 people faced with their current seat suddenly becoming (whatever) twice or 3 times the price? Because they're not ( I assume) magicing 1500 posh seats from nowhere.

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

Presumably that means 1500 fewer normal seats - so 1500 people faced with their current seat suddenly becoming (whatever) twice or 3 times the price? Because they're not ( I assume) magicing 1500 posh seats from nowhere.

Indeed. Would be better in a New stand rather than subtracted from the existing ground.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Finally, some sort of hint of news about the work we're doing in our hospitality areas.

In terms of development work from what I can gather, it'll be the most work done on Villa Park since the Trinity Road Stand was built.

Where in the ground would those seats be? Surely it's converting current seats/areas into more expensive seating rather than adding.

• Like 1

I'm sure there was talk of adding marquees and things around Villa Park which would house corporate hospitality. So it could be that the 1500 seats are "normal" seats in the ground, and the premium part comes in the dining and hospitality.

I've been at similar at Old trafford before. Corporate hospitality, food, drinks etc in a lounge before the game. but the seats were just normal seats in the ground

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

34 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

“We’re spending a lot of money and capital expenses to renovate and rebuild and add on to Villa Park, which was built originally in 1897 so we have some work to do,” he said

Key words ! As I said before the proposed new corner where the trinity met the north stand had more rows by removing the walkway. By reprofiling the trinity lower tier you can add rows so any lost GA seats can be replaced whilst adding additional GA+ seating. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

reprofiling the trinity lower tier you can add rows so any lost GA seats can be replaced whilst adding additional GA+ seating. 

The lower tier of the Trinity has/had 2210 seats in it (in 2012). I believe there are a few less now, because of the dug out and media facility next to the dug out being expanded. There's no way I can see that you can almost double the number of seats in it, however any re-profiling might be done.

Trinity lower.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think a lot of it will be in re-profiling existing hospitality areas - so ripping out all of the Doug Ellis boxes (and the lounge behind) and replacing it with one big lounge with seating across the front - that kind of thing potentially doubles your capacity in there without impinging on the bowl itself. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

People would have said the same about Highbury, now nobody even remembers it. Times change. 

And because Emirates has been here for 18 years now, I no longer see it as a 'soulless bowl' but just an Arsenal stadium.

Forest are adding 600plus premium seats with shipping containers … ugly but as a short term measure above the corner flag restaurant it could be something the club will look at as there’s wasted space above it currently. 

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

Â