Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Probably a very bad idea for some reason, but what about just knocking on every door and offering a bunch of money rather than attempting to get a CPO?

I mean, I live in a nice enough house in a much better area than Aston and I'd happily take an offer 20% or so over book value if Villa came calling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Probably a very bad idea for some reason, but what about just knocking on every door and offering a bunch of money rather than attempting to get a CPO?

I mean, I live in a nice enough house in a much better area than Aston and I'd happily take an offer 20% or so over book value if Villa came calling.

You'd probably have to go the extra mile and have alternative land/housing already organised for them in said " nicer " houses and areas etc.

• Like 1

If I lived that close to VP and knew what the plans were, I would wait for the neighbours to sell and hold out to the last to extract maximum money. I can't see it happening for that reason. It's so unpredictable and could take decades.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If I lived that close to VP and knew what the plans were, I would wait for the neighbours to sell and hold out to the last to extract maximum money. I can't see it happening for that reason. It's so unpredictable and could take decades.

Yeah, true. I just don't really like the idea of a CPO for a football club stadium expansion  -makes me a bit uncomfortable.

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah, true. I just don't really like the idea of a CPO for a football club stadium expansion  -makes me a bit uncomfortable.

A CPO is the only way to do it. Otherwise there will always be one hold out delaying everything and or going to court. 

As I've said 100 times. There will be a CPO there sooner or later. We need to modernise UK housing stock and that's prime poor quality housing.

Once Ladywood is redeveloped they're bound to cast their eyes at more areas. A private partner to help get it done would be welcomed I think. 

• Like 2

It could be easier is many respects to enlarge the main Trinity Road stand which’s current capacity is just under 13’000 compared to the main stand at Anfield is just over 20’000. 

it would involve the need to purchase a small section of the park and again buy houses, for circulation and negate right to light issues. 

IMG_9857.jpeg

IMG_9855.jpeg

IMG_9856.jpeg

IMG_9859.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Could the Trinity take another tier if the roof was raised? Even a small one? Always felt it has a small capacity for such a large structure- corporate aside. Holte has more seats like and it is an end stand.

Both the SAF stand at OT and the Main Stand at Anfield would tower over the current Trinity stand. An extension to it wouldn’t encroach massively on the parkland but houses would need to be demolished. You would make the current 2nd tier a bit smaller then add a 3rd tier above. It would easier to build and extend behind it than the Witton. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Good points. Thanks.

Our plot is large but narrow! Could we swap a some ground at the very back of the North for ground somewhere else? For example reserve some area to the rear of the club shop for planting trees/a new playground/new basketball courts etc in exchange for a slither of the park behind the Trinity?

I looked at Goodison on Google Maps and they were just completely hemmed in in a way that we aren't - you would think we could find a way forward where we are.

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

you would think we could find a way forward where we are.

Only way to do it is to purchase houses to enlarge  the site and remove the right to light obstacle … A 19/20k trinity Road Stand, with a new North Stand of 14k+ takes us to 57/58k before the Witton is looked at which you’d expect to take us to 62-64k seater stadium - 4 separate stand identities. It’s gunna mean moving people from their homes . 

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'd do the same but still decline..  and insist that my house is built into the stand offering me a front row seat to the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

See Manchester has built a new indoor facility at the site of their ground, we need to up our game and building just new stands isn't going to be enough to compete. 

Stick this facility in the middle of the country and it would be a game changer.

"Co-op Live, Manchester's £365m new arena, opens with big capacity and plans"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68761025

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wouldn't you get robbed walking around with that amount of cash in Aston?

• Shocked 1

14 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Could the Trinity take another tier if the roof was raised? Even a small one? Always felt it has a small capacity for such a large structure- corporate aside. Holte has more seats like and it is an end stand.

It was built by a cheap arse. It won't have capacity to add more weight.

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

A very close friend of mine who eat at the same restaurant as the senior figures at the club in Lille, heard whispers from across the table that they're looking for sites to build the new stadium.

A very close friend of mine was in the other table and heard them saying we were going to sign MBappe and Haaland too

• Haha 1

Â