Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

16 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I'm pissed and had an amazing thought without much thought 🤦

Retractable seating on the corners of the north stand ( like train rails so they can be moved away from the ground when we do expand the north stand).

So build the tracks , add in the stands each side, that instantly adds extra seating.

Then later

Knock down north stand ( retract the sides so they are safe) rebuild north stand and then move the side seats so level with new north stand once built.

Less impact on gate receipts while redeveloping the north stand  due to the sides being put into place once demolition is done on north stand and rebuilding is taking place.

Clearly not thought it through but have polished off a bottle of e18hteen caramel rum tonight so if nothing else, that's an achievement  👌🏼 

im not following the point of making the seats retractable? if you move them back to build a north stand then what would be the plan? could they come back somehow?

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

im not following the point of making the seats retractable? if you move them back to build a north stand then what would be the plan? could they come back somehow?

Yes, to eventually attach to the new north stand, pull them away while demolition at end of next season, add them back for new season while rebuilding. Limits loss when we do rebuild as there would be an extra 3000 seats at a guess more than nothing in the end and gives us 3000 more seats until the rebuild.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Yes, to eventually attach to the new north stand, pull them away while demolition at end of next season, add them back for new season while rebuilding. Limits loss when we do rebuild as there would be an extra 3000 seats at a guess more than nothing in the end and gives us 3000 more seats until the rebuild.

There's absolutely no way we get 3,000 seats into the gaps between the posts of the North Stand and the stands next to them - we'd be lucky to fit 400 in there. It might be suitable for a couple of container type hospitality boxes but 3,000 seats is the same as the Lower North Stand.

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's absolutely no way we get 3,000 seats into the gaps between the posts of the North Stand and the stands next to them - we'd be lucky to fit 400 in there. It might be suitable for a couple of container type hospitality boxes but 3,000 seats is the same as the Lower North Stand.

3000 may be a bit optimistic for temporarily filling in the sides, I blame alcohol and optimism,  but I would be hoping with knocking and rebuilding the north stand the corners would generate more than 400 ?  

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

3000 may be a bit optimistic for temporarily filling in the sides, I blame alcohol and optimism,  but I would be hoping with knocking and rebuilding the north stand the corners would generate more than 400 ?  

In a complete rebuild of course - but in terms of the existing corners - you'd be looking at building something very similar on top of the corner flag restaurant but not much more - you can't have seats further back than that glass so there isn't the possibility to put a seating block in that corner - they wouldn't be able to see the pitch.

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In a complete rebuild of course - but in terms of the existing corners - you'd be looking at building something very similar on top of the corner flag restaurant but not much more - you can't have seats further back than that glass so there isn't the possibility to put a seating block in that corner - they wouldn't be able to see the pitch.

It is also going to look cheap and crap as a tacky stop gap option. But with Villa I have no idea now what their actual plans are.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Forgive me if this has been covered in the previous 375 pages (I'm a newbie and may have missed it) but are there any options with rail seating / safe standing?

Is there any currently at VP? (I live a long way away and have only been a few times in past few seasons - taking any ticket I could!) Any plans?

Is it possible to replace large sections and if so, does it increase capacity by say 10 - 15% in that area, or do the rails just take up the space?  I'd imagine at least half the Holte ticket holders would be interested, plus bottom of North, the new 'singing section' etc.....

22 minutes ago, Ingers said:

Forgive me if this has been covered in the previous 375 pages (I'm a newbie and may have missed it) but are there any options with rail seating / safe standing?

Is there any currently at VP? (I live a long way away and have only been a few times in past few seasons - taking any ticket I could!) Any plans?

Is it possible to replace large sections and if so, does it increase capacity by say 10 - 15% in that area, or do the rails just take up the space?  I'd imagine at least half the Holte ticket holders would be interested, plus bottom of North, the new 'singing section' etc.....

Rail seating doesn't increase capacity - all the emergency exits are the same and they are sized for the capacity they serve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

Rail seating doesn't increase capacity - all the emergency exits are the same and they are sized for the capacity they serve.

cheers! 

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

All safe standing stuff is 1 for 1. So you dont get any extra capacity. 

Yes. Traditionally the rule of thumb was 2 standing places for 1 seat. So when lots of grounds had to become all seater in the 90s they effectively lost capacity unless they built up or out.. Hence over time many clubs moving to new grounds. We are still about 6,000 down from pre Taylor capacity 30 odd years on.

7 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Sticking this in here and doing a runner

" And for some strange reason Heck has decided to shelve a wonderful plan to expand our stadium for no reason! We are going to be left behind if we continue allowing this clueless c*cksucker to continue ruining the club "

Newcastles stadium location means they don't have the same transport issues we currently face being so central. Toon fans also are diehard and I didn’t see them having to close a tier off when they hit relegated like we did. 

We will get there with a new north stand just not in the anticipated timescale of some. Once we've increase the spend per seat, get the upgraded infrastructure in place in terms of fan transportation and  open the warehouse and Holte Hotel as fan zones then I’ve no doubt they’ll look at expansion again. I hope they revisit and adapt the design but larger and redesign the exterior to be less bland. 

Edited by thabucks

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" And for some strange reason Heck has decided to shelve a wonderful plan to expand our stadium for no reason! We are going to be left behind if we continue allowing this clueless c*cksucker to continue ruining the club "

JV I understand the frustration and annoyance in the decision but let’s have a look at the grand plan in a few months then let’s pass judgment. With all due respect he’s actually made some great sponsorship agreements, new kit deal, sleeve sponsorship etc and it might just end with us building a brand new stadium opposed to upgrading VP. 
that I’m turn will no doubt cause friction amongst the ranks too lol

Can’t please everyone and there’s always a minority that will oppose or voice concern no matter what he does and no matter the positives that it brings. Just food for thought.

The Beer From Up Here 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Newcastles stadium location means they don't have the same transport issues we currently face being so central. Toon fans also are diehard and I didn’t see them having to close a tier off when they hit relegated like we did. 

We will get there with a new north stand just not in the anticipated timescale of some. Once we've increase the spend per seat, get the upgraded infrastructure in place in terms of fan transportation and  open the warehouse and Holte Hotel as fan zones then I’ve no doubt they’ll look at expansion again. I hope they revisit and adapt the design but larger and redesign the exterior to be less bland. 

Yeah I think the new north stand will happen, but not in the next 5 years or so.

As for any further development, I can't see us ever having an above 50k stadium at any point in the near future, which I think is fine as 50k would be enough. 

Newcastle are a one club city and dont have the problem of many residents within the vacinity of the ground (and across the city) either not being into football or supporting Man United/Liverpool.

• Like 1

Â