Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Forest are adding 600plus premium seats with shipping containers … ugly but as a short term measure above the corner flag restaurant it could be something the club will look at as there’s wasted space above it currently. 

IMG_9880.jpeg

Your picture misses out the houses on Nelson Road just behind there. I think they'll object to staring at shipping containers out of their windows.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

Your picture misses out the houses on Nelson Road just behind there. I think they'll object to staring at shipping containers out of their windows.

Doubt they could if we got permission to build a wider stand … 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Doubt they could if we got permission to build a wider stand … 

Of course they can. Permission was granted for a specific stand, clad to look like bricks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The International Organisation for Standards?

Yep. Shipping containers are ISO containers. Standard sizes so dock cranes and ships and trucks etc anywhere in the world can carry them. Hence my pun.

As far as using them to add capacity to VP, no. They can be used to make homes, or ground stations, or offices or whatever, but they’re freezing in winter and boiling in summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think a lot of it will be in re-profiling existing hospitality areas - so ripping out all of the Doug Ellis boxes (and the lounge behind) and replacing it with one big lounge with seating across the front - that kind of thing potentially doubles your capacity in there without impinging on the bowl itself. 

Also I'm assuming this wouldn't require planning permission - so can be done quite quickly?

Heck added that money would continue to be spent on redeveloping Villa Park in order to generate more revenue at the stadium and enhance the fan experience.

“We’re spending a lot of money and capital expenses to renovate and rebuild and add on to Villa Park, which was built originally in 1897 so we have some work to do,” he said. “But we have this incredible building and this incredible opportunity to generate new revenue, and we see it through premium seating.

“Our core fanbase, our general admission ticket, we would like to give them a better experience, a grander experience without giving them the option to purchase more things but by changing their standard routine. So if that means keeping the prices similar to what they are then so be it.

“Our focus is on premium spaces. We have grand plans to add well over 1,000, closer to 1,500 seats this summer, that are premium seating in products at Villa Park. So that’s where we’re generating our revenue from our core fanbase by offering new things to purchase, as opposed to mandating a new purchase.”

So 1,500 extra PREMIUM seats being added this summer.

This bit of that article above is interesting...

“Our core fanbase, our general admission ticket, we would like to give them a better experience, a grander experience without giving them the option to purchase more things but by changing their standard routine. So if that means keeping the prices similar to what they are then so be it.

1 - Prices similar. No increase is standard seat pricing for next season?

2 - better experience for general admission.  Not sure what they will do to assist with this.

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So 1,500 extra PREMIUM seats being added this summer.

This bit of that article above is interesting...

2 - better experience for general admission.  Not sure what they will do to assist with this.

1 - maybe a little one but that would be expected. Inflation is still high but about 4% instead of the 10%+ we've seen in recent years. I think most would be OK with a few percent given our success, and I read similar to mean not the same. 

2. Probably easily (albeit with an immediate cost and not a huge amount of upside)... fix the toilets, keep them clean, put in the self dispensing drink aisles in all stands, hire competent servers at food kiosks. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

hire competent servers at food kiosks. 

I believe this is actually impossible and the universe will implode if we manage to get this holy grail.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It certainly suggests that the aim is to keep price increases to a minimum but find ways to get money from the GA crowd in other ways (longer stays, entry fees to the warehouse, some sort of access purchasing or the like). I think that's probably a good thing, to allow those that want to the ability to buy additional 'experience' whilst allowing those that don't to remain at a price they can afford.

2 hours ago, blandy said:

As far as using them to add capacity to VP, no. They can be used to make homes, or ground stations, or offices or whatever, but they’re freezing in winter and boiling in summer.

I've been in them at Leicester Tigers where they use them as a mixture of office space and (I think) matchday hospitality,  they're a bit odd inside.

• Like 1

I can’t help thinking (without technical knowledge, measuring angles, or counting rows/seats etc.)

the way forwards could be

• Remove boxes from DE stand. 
  • reprofile into single stand (adding rows)
  • incorporate new GA+ in this new design stand

that could give the extra seats, but also it tees the stand up ready for

• the new north stand to work better as the pitch would be the same as Trinity road stand?
  • It would sort the viewing issues lower Holte?
  • And finally allow a future extension to DE stand (remove couple of rows so height matches middle Trinity and New north stand, and build 2nd tier on top by building around stand. 

I may be well off in terms of what’s possible,  but if that does work then to me it makes sense to do that before north stand 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheLeftSide said:

I can’t help thinking (without technical knowledge, measuring angles, or counting rows/seats etc.)

the way forwards could be

• Remove boxes from DE stand. 
  • reprofile into single stand (adding rows)
  • incorporate new GA+ in this new design stand

that could give the extra seats, but also it tees the stand up ready for

• the new north stand to work better as the pitch would be the same as Trinity road stand?
  • It would sort the viewing issues lower Holte?
  • And finally allow a future extension to DE stand (remove couple of rows so height matches middle Trinity and New north stand, and build 2nd tier on top by building around stand. 

I may be well off in terms of what’s possible,  but if that does work then to me it makes sense to do that before north stand 

We get more money from the current boxes than the extra GA seats you are proposing I assume

I'm not sure we'll see anything in terms of changes to the bowl itself - if the club for example were to knock all of the boxes through - the gain is in losing all of the walls and doors at the back - in terms of seating, there's already space there in front of the boxes (but behind the general seating) it'd just be about using that space better - maybe two rows of seats the entire length of the pitch - the space gained is in losing all the dividing walls in the boxes and the space you need for individual tables, bars, units and fridges in each box.

With stuff like removing office space or making use of other dead spaces, it'll be interesting to see if they can add the seating capacity without moving people from GA seats - how they do that in the North Stand would be interesting for example - whether they'd look to add more seating behind the glass, or move the glass back and have seating in front of it. How they'd use the existing space in the Trinity but add capacity to it would be interesting, perhaps again they'll look to get rid of the boxes.

I have a feeling there will be some impact on GA capacity with some of it, but not the whole 1,500 and that the club will hopefully be able to use that extra hospitality income to control and manage any need to increase the prices on regular ticket buyers.

I think (might well be wrong) this would take us to over 4,000 hospitality seats on matchdays - which in terms of income probably means that Hospitality won't be far off bringing in the same amount of money as season ticket sales.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think (might well be wrong) this would take us to over 4,000 hospitality seats on matchdays - which in terms of income probably means that Hospitality won't be far off bringing in the same amount of money as season ticket sales.

How many do we currently have?  

If we get to 4,000 hospitality, then £1m from corporate and £1m from GA tickets per match? £32m matchday revenue plus food/drink of around £5m.

On 23/04/2024 at 21:30, nick76 said:

I’d only build a new stadium if it was anywhere but the city centre, I think that would be an awful place to have it.  Look I don’t want to move from Villa Park but I think it’s a very bad idea so close to the city centre for a stadium if we were to go down the route of building a new stadium imo.

I guess i was taking my villa hat off and thinking if im putting all that money into a stadium, it needs to be used more than 20 times a year. Having a large stadium very close to a large city centre for me means that you can maximise its usage.

I dont know if its makes business sense to have a really large stadium where villa is currently located.

In fairness, that sounds a very good.short to medium term compromise.

Keep the regulars at similar pricing whilst giving them a better experience, as well asincreasing income through creating " Premium " seating and experiences which don't affect the general base.

The 1500 premium seats can be for our new plastic fans etc 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, that sounds a very good.short to medium term compromise.

Keep the regulars at similar pricing whilst giving them a better experience, as well asincreasing income through creating " Premium " seating and experiences which don't affect the general base.

The 1500 premium seats can be for our new plastic fans etc 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure we'll see anything in terms of changes to the bowl itself - if the club for example were to knock all of the boxes through - the gain is in losing all of the walls and doors at the back - in terms of seating, there's already space there in front of the boxes (but behind the general seating) it'd just be about using that space better - maybe two rows of seats the entire length of the pitch - the space gained is in losing all the dividing walls in the boxes and the space you need for individual tables, bars, units and fridges in each box.

With stuff like removing office space or making use of other dead spaces, it'll be interesting to see if they can add the seating capacity without moving people from GA seats - how they do that in the North Stand would be interesting for example - whether they'd look to add more seating behind the glass, or move the glass back and have seating in front of it. How they'd use the existing space in the Trinity but add capacity to it would be interesting, perhaps again they'll look to get rid of the boxes.

I have a feeling there will be some impact on GA capacity with some of it, but not the whole 1,500 and that the club will hopefully be able to use that extra hospitality income to control and manage any need to increase the prices on regular ticket buyers.

1300*

Â