Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Maybe give benefit of doubt the that sole person lol, maybe they think it should be bigger?

I read ealier in the thread that both the Holte and Trinity will have larger individual capacitys than the new North, maybe this one person thinks they should go bigger.

(no it wasnt me before I get bombarded lol)

Seats in the Holte are pretty poor. Legroom is non existent. 

Was in the away end at Bolton a few weeks ago and it had loads more legroom. I would expect any new stand at Villa Park to have way more legroom, especially one with corporate seats. 

So I could easily see how a stand with larger massing would have less seats. 

The Trinity runs the width of the pitch and is a large stand in its own right so of course will have more seats than and end of ground stand. 

If you think the Holte has poor leg room then the current North Stand is a lot worse! It's like Man U. One of the reasons why they have such a big capacity is due to the narrow seat width. I suspect Spurs new ground must be far more generous. Basically we have become a bunch of fatties in the last 30-40 years.

Support the new stand from The OS

Aston Villa outlined the club’s vision for the future of Villa Park last month.

And following the release of CGI images and the submission of a planning application for the redevelopment and expansion of the stadium, the club would like to share an open letter from one of our long-standing season ticket holders.

In her letter, Anne Edwards outlined why she’s supporting the redevelopment of Villa Park and its surrounding areas, urging fellow Villans to do the same.

If you also support our ambitions for the future, please take a couple of minutes to read and sign the letter in order to benefit the planning application.

The club will be sharing the letter along with the list of supporters with Birmingham City Council's Planning Committee to support our application. The deadline for signing is 5pm on Thursday, September 22.

The above is an article on the OS. The club are looking for fans to put their name down in support of the new North Stand.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Support the new stand from The OS

Aston Villa outlined the club’s vision for the future of Villa Park last month.

And following the release of CGI images and the submission of a planning application for the redevelopment and expansion of the stadium, the club would like to share an open letter from one of our long-standing season ticket holders.

In her letter, Anne Edwards outlined why she’s supporting the redevelopment of Villa Park and its surrounding areas, urging fellow Villans to do the same.

If you also support our ambitions for the future, please take a couple of minutes to read and sign the letter in order to benefit the planning application.

The club will be sharing the letter along with the list of supporters with Birmingham City Council's Planning Committee to support our application. The deadline for signing is 5pm on Thursday, September 22.

The above is an article on the OS. The club are looking for fans to put their name down in support of the new North Stand.

Thanks for the info and link.  The letter was pretty simple, i expected a bit more on benefits and why she wanted the improvements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Why are the club asking for letters of support?

Is the likelihood of this going ahead being threatened so that's why they are asking?

I expect it's all part of smoothing the way. Preemptive thinking by our club.

On 19/09/2022 at 22:11, sidcow said:

Sorry, I wasn't disputing what you heard, I was just saying Preece is either just talking bollocks or someone is winding him us. They will never ever ever build a monorail from Villa Park to Aston Station.  For a start off the monorail he talks about at Birmingham Airport isn't even a monorail, hasn't been for decades.

It's far to short a distance to build a people mover, it would be quicker to just walk there than wait for thousands of others to hop on the rammed carriages.  They work for thousands of people moving over a number of hours but not thousands of people all turning up at the same time wanting a ride. 

And way too coatly to build something that expensive and complex that's only used 25 odd times a year.  It's madness, would never work. 

Yeah these were my thoughts too. It wouldn't make sense. It would take longer to queue to get on the monorail and get to VP than it would to just walk it. Unless it was like a full blown train like you get at Munich airport (it's basically like the tube), but in that case I just don't see how there's room for something like that between Aston Station and VP

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Junxs said:

Why are the club asking for letters of support?

Is the likelihood of this going ahead being threatened so that's why they are asking?

I think it just helps the planning process to have letters of support from fans.

I doubt they'd have put all this effort into the plans if there was a chance it would be rejected, but I'm no expert

One thing which has been mentioned a couple of times of Skyscrapercity is the possibilities a redeveloped Witton stand be changed to single tier to match up with the New north  stand lower tier. Not sure if the rakes will match up but it’s an interesting suggestion. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

One thing which has been mentioned a couple of times of Skyscrapercity is the possibilitie a redeveloped Witton stand be changed to single tier to match up with the New stand stand.  It sure if the rakes will Match up but it’s an interesting suggestion. 

I'm enjoying the SSC/VT mashup of late.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2022 at 09:40, DaveAV1 said:

When is a decision due on the planning application?

Looks like they won't be accepting any further comment after 13th October, so you'd imagine they'd convene shortly after that - from there it depends on whether they ask for any changes.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

One thing which has been mentioned a couple of times of Skyscrapercity is the possibilitie a redeveloped Witton stand be changed to single tier to match up with the New stand stand.  It sure if the rakes will Match up but it’s an interesting suggestion. 

I don't get that?

The new North Stand isn't a single tier, it's two tiered.

• Thanks 1

Â