Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Increasing ground capacity for thousands of none existent people that won't pay a penny to watch the football currently on offer.

Sound plan.

I have a feeling, just a nudge, that football might be slightly different in 2026 when we actually open it. 

On 18/09/2022 at 08:40, villa4europe said:

No, the big big proposal for 2040 completion which I don't think has been approved has Aston to the city centre on what they're calling the chamberlain line and then on to castle Bromwich before finishing in Minworth, it's a Longbridge to Minworth line 

The line that runs to the airport and hs2 which I think has been approved runs past SHA 

this is the one i was on about

Andy Street's map showing how the West Midlands' rail and tram network could look in 2040

the green line will go through Aston, the line to the airport / HS2 is the purple one

without hoping it descends in a pissing contest or shit slinging id be genuinely interested in the opinion of anyone who voted no in the poll

@limpid no discussion in the poll but ok here?

its a huge yes for me, its an outdated stand that I'm pretty sure still miserably fails the PLs disabled fan rules whilst at the same time increasing our corporate revenue enabling us to compete and hopefully the live building will benefit both the club, fans and the local community on non match days and whilst keeping the look and feel for VP, I think they've done an even better job than what i would have originally wanted they've exceeded my expectations and I'm really happy and excited about it

• Like 3

Just now, a m ole said:

The link doesn’t work, proxy error.

You;ll need to speak to the council or your ISP about that, sorry. The link is correct and has been posted in this thread quite a few times previously.

On 17/09/2022 at 23:53, sidcow said:

Not in 100 billion years will a monorail be built between Villa Park and Aston Station. Where the hell has he got that from?  Sounds like someone is pulling his plonker and he's totally fallen for it. 

I've seen it said that the concert can be in conjunction with the development because the stage would be in front of The North Stand anyway. 

Is there a chance the track could bend?

• Like 1

It's incredibly exciting and like everything the current owners have done so far I back them 100% to get this right. However, my only small concern is that whilst I agree we need to ensure that VP is inclusive and better-accessible for disabled supporters etc there isn't any mention anywhere of rail-seating/standing areas or anything that might enhance the more vocal supporters or those who wish to stand and create the atmosphere. If we got this right we could have the stadium with the most electric atmosphere in England, rather than just more capacity for day-trippers and tourists etc.

Interested to hear my fellow VT'ers opinions on this point.

13 minutes ago, limpid said:

You;ll need to speak to the council or your ISP about that, sorry. The link is correct and has been posted in this thread quite a few times previously.

Both my work wifi and EE mobile network gives the same error. I don’t care about the link, but it’s not working for a few people it seems. Trying to be helpful.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wedge said:

It's incredibly exciting and like everything the current owners have done so far I back them 100% to get this right. However, my only small concern is that whilst I agree we need to ensure that VP is inclusive and better-accessible for disabled supporters etc there isn't any mention anywhere of rail-seating/standing areas or anything that might enhance the more vocal supporters or those who wish to stand and create the atmosphere. If we got this right we could have the stadium with the most electric atmosphere in England, rather than just more capacity for day-trippers and tourists etc.

Interested to hear my fellow VT'ers opinions on this point.

agree that is one surprise, I've seen nothing with regards to futureproofing VP for safe standing which even if they have ear marked another area of the ground to do it surely it makes perfect sense to do at least a section of it here too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

agree that is one surprise, I've seen nothing with regards to futureproofing VP for safe standing which even if they have ear marked another area of the ground to do it surely it makes perfect sense to do at least a section of it here too?

My thoughts exactly, also worth noting we were one of the first clubs to put our hands up to trial it as well although that was before the current regime I believe?

On 17/09/2022 at 23:53, sidcow said:

Not in 100 billion years will a monorail be built between Villa Park and Aston Station. Where the hell has he got that from?  Sounds like someone is pulling his plonker and he's totally fallen for it. 

I've seen it said that the concert can be in conjunction with the development because the stage would be in front of The North Stand anyway. 

On 18/09/2022 at 07:00, TheAuthority said:

I thought he said a train from Aston to the Airport??

On 18/09/2022 at 07:40, villa4europe said:

No, the big big proposal for 2040 completion which I don't think has been approved has Aston to the city centre on what they're calling the chamberlain line and then on to castle Bromwich before finishing in Minworth, it's a Longbridge to Minworth line 

The line that runs to the airport and hs2 which I think has been approved runs past SHA 

I know what I heard.. 

Skip to 19:10 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I know what I heard.. 

Skip to 19:10 

Sorry, I wasn't disputing what you heard, I was just saying Preece is either just talking bollocks or someone is winding him us. They will never ever ever build a monorail from Villa Park to Aston Station.  For a start off the monorail he talks about at Birmingham Airport isn't even a monorail, hasn't been for decades.

It's far to short a distance to build a people mover, it would be quicker to just walk there than wait for thousands of others to hop on the rammed carriages.  They work for thousands of people moving over a number of hours but not thousands of people all turning up at the same time wanting a ride. 

And way too coatly to build something that expensive and complex that's only used 25 odd times a year.  It's madness, would never work. 

Edited by sidcow

Â