Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

37 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I wouldn't want to upset any of my fellow Villa Talkers (!) but I've never understood the urgency of needing to eat and drink during that particular 15 minute slot of a matchday  There is quite a lot of time before and after the match. 😂

Personally my flask of tea works just fine. ☕

I agree. The need to drink as much pisswater beer in 15 minutes has always confused me. And I love beer. I guess it's a social thing?

Presumably anyone on the waiting list after this season starts, is still going to be on it after the season after next season ends.... work starting Oct 23 (presumably no North Stand season tickets for season starting aug 23) work ending march 25.

That's a 3 year down the line scenario where I think they'll need to hope people's situations haven't materially changed. Obviously, you'll have a lot of people joining in the interim but can see those on it now almost being guaranteed a ticket by the time the new North comes up if they still want one. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://smartsurvey.co.uk/s/VILLAPARK/

Please do fill in the survey - use the extra notes bits - there are still lots of things to be decided on this project and it's worth throwing in your bit.

Right, So I have just filled this in. Interestingly I did have an idea for improvement with regards to traffic calming, restrictions etc. Currently I find the Traffic Management around the ground on matchdays an eyesore to say the least. vehicles parked everywhere, signs. It's a mess tbh. Anyway there is a solution to this issue, probably far cheaper than the costs for the traffic management over a longer period which will run into thousands anyway on matchdays.

Automatic Rising Bollards could be installed at designated locations in the carriageway pedestrianizing the area between. The surrounding roads will currently have traffic regulation orders for matchdays anyway to pedestrianised and prohibit vehicles. I'm sure emphasis on this will take place with the area for pedestrians increasing. Plus, installing automatic bollards that could be activated manually or by timer could not only reduce overall cost of Traffic Management but eliminate the eyesore of TM around the stadium on match days.  

That was my two pennies worth. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

You mean Alanis?

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have you perchance mistaken Natalie Imbruglia and Alanis Morrissette?

Don't know what you're talking about... 😳🙈

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have you perchance mistaken Natalie Imbruglia and Alanis Morrissette?

Would be ironic

(and also appropriate because it wouldn't actually be ironic at all).

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm pretty sure the club sub traffic management out to a company called Traffix 

And yeah it looks a bit slap dash at best 

And yeah from experience they're not cheap either 

Correct, It is Traffix. And your right it's very expensive. 

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Correct, It is Traffix. And your right it's very expensive. 

This arrangement has been in force for years.  I've always wondered why they didn't install proper security bollards, how expensive can they be compared to this? 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This arrangement has been in force for years.  I've always wondered why they didn't install proper security bollards, how expensive can they be compared to this? 

Dependent. But 3 systems needed for the Witton Lane, Trinity Road, by the ground and flyover you'd be looking at close to 25k per site for a full install. Maintenance around 12k a year with a life cycle of 15-20 years. Plus they'd only need to be operational on matchdays or events which would minimise maintenance. I would guess that the TM costs currently somewhere around 5-10k on matchdays and a bloody eyesore. It's a no brainer imo

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

They’ve gotta do something about this mess ! 

BC175031-B958-4D7D-A6D2-0973B9F5D39C.jpeg

So so bad.  Cheap and nasty. Hotchpotch. Just a horror show. 

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

They’ve gotta do something about this mess ! 

BC175031-B958-4D7D-A6D2-0973B9F5D39C.jpeg

We did. Lerner replaced all of the signage and refurbished the internal corporate areas.  Not sure how much they can do with it.

In terms of the new stand I presume the access will now be from Trinity road only if Witton lane is pedestrian only on match days.

Also is the away section staying where they are, or will they be moved into a upper section of the new stand?

Â