Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought they might do a Liverplop and build the new stand behind the old one to keep the capacity up.

They've not done this for two reasons - firstly the structural issues of removing the "goalpost" roof structure and secondly and most importantly they wanted to get rid of all the banking outside of the back of the North Stand - at the moment there are all sorts of ramps and stairs and stuff to get you into the North Stand - all of that will be flattened so we'll be on one level from what's now the back of the shop right to the entrance to the stand,

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be in the Villa Live building

gonna be a pretty big building then? if it's going to have a shop, bars and restaurants, and a 2500+ music venue?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think you will also see Villa Live pitching at the Asian Wedding market 

Maybe - I think it'll be a big competitor to the O2 in Birmingham city centre for touring mid-sized bands - you'll get more than 2,000 in there for that.

You'll also see a couple of thousand in for England games and TV rules allowing, the odd Villa away game - personally I'd love that - being in with 2,000 Villa fans for an away FA Cup game would be a great atmosphere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

In my mind's eye I'm picturing something like this.   Not the design (this is a multi storey car park) but there's no brick in this building from a structural point of view, it's just a steel frame with a facade hung on the front, the brick is there but it's about half an inch thick.

I think brick slip (I think it's called that) is very much in their minds from a weight and sustainability point of view - it was talked about at the meeting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They've not done this for two reasons - firstly the structural issues of removing the "goalpost" roof structure and secondly and most importantly they wanted to get rid of all the banking outside of the back of the North Stand - at the moment there are all sorts of ramps and stairs and stuff to get you into the North Stand - all of that will be flattened so we'll be on one level from what's now the back of the shop right to the entrance to the stand,

There is really nothing worth keeping in the North stand. Its run its course.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

gonna be a pretty big building then? if it's going to have a shop, bars and restaurants, and a 2500+ music venue?

Indeed - don't underestimate this one - it's a sort of version of what the NEC have done with the Resorts World building.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Indeed - don't underestimate this one - it's a sort of version of what the NEC have done with the Resorts World building.

It's just replacing The Villa Leisure Centre we demolished that used to have loads of gigs back in the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is really exciting stuff but for next season I wish they would just sort out service in the Doug Ellis upper. I like a half time pint but why do I have to leave 15 minutes before half time to have a chance of getting one and making second half? It’s shocking. Just pour them ready!

Annoyingly this seems to be a common theme across all stadia. You'd think the newer stadiums would manage it, but I've been to Wembley on a few occasions and never managed to get a pint before the 2nd half kicks off.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - 28 meters to be exact! 

It does, and the big advantage to that inside is that the club can create a huge single conferencing area that runs from the Doug Ellis corner of the new North Stand all the way through to the Holte End corner of the Trinity Road stand - with the extra bonus of a post conference evening venue in the Villa Live building outside - that's a game changer for non-matchday conference and banqueting and will allow the club to compete for business they don't currently get.

My understanding is that the lower tiers will join together, but the upper tiers remains separated. Meaning it’s still visually a standalone end. 

6 minutes ago, id92 said:

My understanding is that the lower tiers will join together, but the upper tiers remains separated. Meaning it’s still visually a standalone end. 

The middle Trinity will be joined on (I'm never quite sure if the Trinity should be described as two or three tiers) the lower will connect pretty much in the way it does now - the extra seating will be in that central bit. The upper remains separate as much as anything to protect the light for the residents of Nelson Road. 

28 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Annoyingly this seems to be a common theme across all stadia. You'd think the newer stadiums would manage it, but I've been to Wembley on a few occasions and never managed to get a pint before the 2nd half kicks off.

It’s crazy. It’s all I ask for!

Â