Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I didn't necessarily think they are contradictory.

My main thought was that to become a top 3 club (in 10 years) is probably going to need a spend of a couple of billion of pounds. I can't think that Villa would ever make this money back (even in another £10 years) to be profitable.

Of course, he could mean annually profitable discounting the big influx of starter funds, and then counting the £2billion spent against the eventual sale price. Even then it looks difficult to get to break-even.

Usually a business is profitable if it made a profit in its last retorting period. If he does spend a GBP2b to get us to that position, it's likely that the new markets of fans he'll create from our Chinese opportunities will allow him to make money operationally. And we'll obviously be worth a lot more if he sells us.

What's an unknown for us looking from here is the value to his reputation in his home nation if this project succeeds. That might make GBP2b look like peanuts.

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Most of our players are closer to being "inaction man", but Gabby is interested in how much bling he has round his neck. 

More like ' Missing in Action' Man if you are talking about our team!

Â