Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Tony lives in Beijing which has a Köppen climate classification of Dwa, which is a humid continental climate (the D part), and has cold winters (the 'w' part) and has a hot summer (the 'a' part). 

So, it's not that similar to Brum, but I'm sure Tony will fit right in. 

It gets down to about -20 in Beijing towards the end of the winter, and windchill can make that feel even colder. In the summer it's boiling, and extremely smoggy all year. In the spring there are sandstorms all across northeastern China and the Korean peninsula when sand blows off the Gobi desert. 

It's basically nothing whatsoever like Birmingham. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has B'ham City Council run out of grey paint yet?

Is grey paint allowed in China?

Does Dr X like grey paint?

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It gets down to about -20 in Beijing towards the end of the winter, and windchill can make that feel even colder. In the summer it's boiling, and extremely smoggy all year. In the spring there are sandstorms all across northeastern China and the Korean peninsula when sand blows off the Gobi desert. 

I bet Chinatowns pretty similar.....

• Like 1

I've seen no mention of it on his Weibo or the Recon site. But I think it would be unfair to hold that against him, he only said he was in negotiations, and even then it wasn't an actual quote. Another thing with that, I suspect the reported three billion pounds may have been lost in translation and may more likely be three billion yaun, although I know logistics companies can be mega expensive (only because I looked it up at the time).

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I've seen no mention of it on his Weibo or the Recon site. But I think it would be unfair to hold that against him, he only said he was in negotiations, and even then it wasn't an actual quote. Another thing with that, I suspect the reported three billion pounds may have been lost in translation and may more likely be three billion yaun, although I know logistics companies can be mega expensive (only because I looked it up at the time).

Thats a 'No' then ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I'm gutted, I really thought with the logistics company on board we'd be going places, and we'd have the full package.

If RDM is to deliver in the post Lerner era then he needs to stamp his authority on the squad. 

• Like 3

On 06/07/2016 at 11:52, alreadyexists said:

Tony lives in Beijing which has a Köppen climate classification of Dwa, which is a humid continental climate (the D part), and has cold winters (the 'w' part) and has a hot summer (the 'a' part). 

So, it's not that similar to Brum, but I'm sure Tony will fit right in. 

Does it have more or less miles of canal than Venice?  Surely that is the ultimate litmus test

On 04/07/2016 at 22:34, villa4europe said:

I thought he said he was coming here with his family

not sure if it's the same anymore and as they continue to develop their middle class etc it might die out but from my experience with working with a private school (and even Warwick uni now) there is a huge acclaim for having UK privately educated on your cv in China, wouldn't be surprised if he's happy for his kids to be educated here 

Hmmmm,  if only we had one of the top Grammar schools in the country :detect:

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hmmmm,  if only we had one of the top Grammar schools in the country :detect:

Going OT like I said my understanding is it literally doesn't matter the standard of the school the fact that you put privately educated in England on a Chinese CV makes you the dogs bollocks 

I'm sure Tony said he was moving his family here 

Â