Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I think it would be quite nifty to warm to him as a person and not just a sugar daddy.

I would like to see villa fans build rapport with him for his decisions and actions.....I think he would respond to that more than just being grateful for his wealth.

I think we as fans have a job to do too.

• Like 3

While I admire the guys ambition, I don't think he has a scooby do what he's let himself in for by buying this football club. Win the Champions League in 10 years? We'd be lucky to get in the top 8 by then imo. 

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

While I admire the guys ambition, I don't think he has a scooby do what he's let himself in for by buying this football club. Win the Champions League in 10 years? We'd be lucky to get in the top 8 by then imo. 

But maybe, just maybe, he might have the financial clout to do whatever the hell he wants and buy whoever he wants at any price, then all of a sudden his dream doesn't seem so crazy. 

• Like 3

Short of a Leicester style miracle, it's just not going to happen. I hope i'm very wrong and all that. I appreciate the fact he's willing to try though.

The idea of Champions League doesn't concern me one dot, i'm more bothered about going down Villa Park and watching us win a game every now and again, but can the same be said for Tony? If after 5 years he can't get the club to where he wants it to be, what does he do then? That frightens me a bit...

Anyway, til then... Champions League here we come!!! :flag:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

But maybe, just maybe, he might have the financial clout to do whatever the hell he wants and buy whoever he wants at any price, then all of a sudden his dream doesn't seem so crazy. 

I get what you're saying but even if his funds were let's say unlimited his plans still have a time frame thanks to FFP. Unless we luck out a bit and do a Leicester then to buy the league and Champions League takes time. Man City did enough to buy the league but have barely gotten close to making a dent in the Champions League, we're starting now when clubs have even more money so it's even harder now to do what they did.. I will be happily surprised if we are a Champions League winner within the next 10 years. 

• Like 1

Leicester, Southampton, Swansea, West Ham are all teams with moderate financial backing who've managed to finish top eight recently. With unlimited funding and Xia's intelligence, business stratagies, and drive to succeed then there's no limits, they'd probably have to invent something new for us to win..

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

and to be honest who cares.  My old boss used to say set your expectations too high and go for it because even failure is likely to leave you in a better place than those people with realistic goals.  

By that he means that psychologically generally you only achieve your goal and most of the time you dont even achieve that...think of diet's, career goals, savings.....so if you aim to be top eight you'll probably end up around 10th position but if you aim for top two position you'll probably end up in top eight.  

While there is so many other factors, if you put that on your own life on some scenarios some of it can ring true.  So let's aim for the outragous and that only means in 10 years time we are a top four team then I think I can live with that :P 

• Like 3

Our Tone is an owner for the modern age of football. Nothing in common with ellis or randy. He has global ambition, a desire to evolve the man citeh model by being just as ambitious but also profitable. I'm glad we got him, look at that other chinese group who want to slap 700 mill down for liverpool, what a waste of money. Tony has 600 mill in a bank account for us and if he spends only half of that he could turn us into a top 6 team that is hugely profitable from a chinese fan base buying a gazillion shirts. He is a smart guy and we have lucked out here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, useless said:

I'd like us to win some trophies, it's been too long. You don't actually get anything for finishing second.

Or fourth.  Despite teams favouring it over winning the FA Cup.  God I hate football when I think about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

I will be happily surprised if we are a Champions League winner within the next 10 years. 

Not me. Disappointment all round.

I want Champions League in 5 years, talked amongst Barca and Real in 8 years and worlds greatest club in 10 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

I'd like us to win some trophies, it's been too long. You don't actually get anything for finishing second.

Apart from promotion (if in Championship) and Champions League (if in Prem).

I think I could bear the disappointment of that.

Edited by briny_ear

To be fair promotion this year is probably more important than winning any trophy. As for the Champions League it would be nice to get into it, but nothing worth celebrating unless we win the thing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Some people are trapped in the status quo - the idea of Villa being a top club in world football (again) is simply incomprehensible.  Unsurprising given our recent history, but history tells that the old rules can and do change and very few things are impossible in business and sport – look at the history of clubs in the prem.  To me it is not about becoming top anything, I really don’t want to become a Man City, a Chelsea, or a Madrid; although it is great to have big ambition again.  Personally, I just want to become a great Aston Villa again. We have such a rich and storied history; one of the oldest and most successful clubs in England. I want us to have a football team that is worthy of our name and history, not one that disgraces and soils it.  I want to see good and exciting football again; not the sterile inept shit we have had to endure for years.  I want players to feel proud to play for us, to want to play for us; not just see us a stepping stone to bigger and better things.  I want to see a packed and noisy VP where getting a ticket becomes hard again. I would like to win the odd trophy, but more than that I would like us to stop being the whipping boys in the PL where we just bend over against the Sky Five.  That would be more than enough for me.

Cracking post! 

I get the feeling a lot of Villans (specially the younger generation) have developed a kind of small club mentality, no thanks to the inept running by past torch bearers, we are Villa ffs! [insert 'big' clubs name here] wouldn't be where they are if it weren't for a brave few men with awesome beards in 1888! We are by far, the greatest football team, the world has ever seen, of that I have no doubt my pedigree chums and Dr. X has come here with that mentality, I think I actually love him! 

• Like 3

Promotion this season whilst also winning the FA Cup. Europe and Premier League football next season.

We win the European Cup qualifying for the Champions League the following season. Also finish 10th in the Premier League.

Strengthen over the summer and make a massive push. Finish top 4. Get to the Quarter Finals in the Champions League.

The ground is set.

• Like 3

I don't really like making the assumption that money is no object. At the minute, it seems like he has £600m to spend on us. Which is a great amount, not enough to put us where he wants us to be though.

Â