Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I feel like I've missed a huge meme, lots of people mentioning shummanites over the past few months, what's a shummanite?  

It's from Randy's barking mad leaving statement.  Woof woof wibble.

On a personal level it is time for me, like the Shunammite, to dwell among my own and get on with other aspects of my career, following a sale.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

It's from Randy's barking mad leaving statement.  Woof woof wibble.

On a personal level it is time for me, like the Shunammite, to dwell among my own and get on with other aspects of my career, following a sale.

Ah, thank you very much. I read that at the time but I don't remember that word, shows how little attention I was paying! 

Xia has already said more meaningful sound bites in a month than Randy did in 10 years!

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I had sex with a shumanite once... (finish the punchline for me)

It turned out she was a 'shum'....

please end me

12 hours ago, NIVillan said:

1976 we get Promoted back to Div 1 after just short of ten years away including a trip to Div 3 (League 1 to you youngsters).  1981 we win the league

But we was told we wasn't that good Ipswich deserved the title.

1982 - European Champions

6 years from a position we are in now.

Anything is possible and I will continue to dream even if we drop to League 2.

Bill Shankly answering that accusation on our behalf said " any team that wins 26 games in a season deserves to win the league"....We won 3 more games than Ipswich (who were a fine side) with 14 players.. that will never be repeated.

Would Ipswich have won the European cup? .....maybe not.

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

I had sex with a shumanite once... (finish the punchline for me)

who acted a bit of a dunce

she once came home

with a claret & blue Gnome

and paid for it out of her bunce

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Ipswich beat us home & away and again in the fa cup that year too

and totalled 23 wins....so we must have won 5 games they didn't.;)

• Like 3

On 16 June 2016 at 18:10, PieFacE said:

I don't really like making the assumption that money is no object. At the minute, it seems like he has £600m to spend on us. Which is a great amount, not enough to put us where he wants us to be though.

Wasn't that just showing that he had money to the authorities through bank deposits. 1) I doubt he showed all his money and 2) very few rich people have a lot of cash on hand.  The overwhelming majority of their wealth is in assets.  By that standard theory it says that if he has 600m spare cash this guy is seriously wealthy.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll see the real cash splurge until we get back in the premier league. As long as Tony's willing to fund this years squad rebuild, it's a good start. I'll reserve judgement on the champions league ambition for now.

• Like 1

On my phone at the moment this might not even make sense but interesting article here on how he tried to buy Marsielle before buying us..

OM: Chinese Aston Villa first tried to buy Marseille!
Before buying Aston Villa, the Chinese holding Recon allegedly attempted the shot with OM.
Last May, the holding Recon Dr Tony Jiantong Xia bought the club Aston Villa Premier League bottom club for € 75 million. This beautiful yet offer would have come back ... to Margarita Louis-Dreyfus for Olympique Marseille.

Indeed, as reported by L'Equipe this morning, the Chinese consortium was presented to Igor Levin and Rothschild agent responsible for the sale of OM from February through counsel of Peter Mathey cabinet 3A. The Chinese were agreements to put € 80 million and buy back the club to Louis-Dreyfus clan. A sum that would have convinced even Margarita, which claimed between 60 and € 80 million, commission included to release the club OM.

Access to club accounts declined by Levin?

Simply, to adjust its offer, Recon claimed to have access to OM accounts. A request that was rejected in the first request by lawyers for MLD. "Frankly, if Levin and the bank wanted to dissuade potential buyers of OM, they would not take it otherwise. Info fragmented, icy tone, frankly, Chinese investors were expecting something else, "said sports daily a close case, disillusioned certain methods.

In the race with Iranian investors and another fund Dubai with whom he is not related, the Italian banker Pablo Dana encounter the same difficulties for investors. In its edition today, L'Equipe also says next week "will be decisive" for the Iranian issue and the offer made would actually be more modest than the € 500 million raised.

http://www.butfootballclub.fr/ligue-1/marseille/om-les-chinois-daston-villa-ont-dabord-tente-de-racheter-marseille/

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

People have always been hating on our success. When we won the European cup Rummenigge said we must be the worst team to ever win it. Just sour grapes.

......by deduction,made them on the day, even worse.

Rummenigge should have learned.....people who live in glass houses.......

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

People have always been hating on our success. When we won the European cup Rummenigge said we must be the worst team to ever win it. Just sour grapes.

Chelsea must have been the worst team to win it

• Like 1

Â